Blimey! alot of detail on that one, really looks like it can live up to your last story! nice different layout :) use of the sun and talksport logos are good and good press conference! :) well done mate keep this up!

Blimey! alot of detail on that one, really looks like it can live up to your last story! nice different layout :) use of the sun and talksport logos are good and good press conference! :) well done mate keep this up!

Thanks for the comment I thought it would be a nice touch having the names of the interviewers :D

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Gray: Winning Mentality Key!

28228.png

New Everton boss Andy Gray has announced that he wants the club to win something this season the get a winning mentality. In speaking with Sky Sports sports reporter Geoff Shreeves he said, "A winning mentality is key to success with any club, and I believe that if we can get this club believing that they can have success, after watching football for over much of my life it's become apparent to me that to emulate the success of great teams like the current Manchester United squad that once a team wins something they crave that feeling again."

goodison-park-006.jpg

Andy Gray aims to bring winning mentality to Goodison

With 74 days left to go before the season starts with a match against reigning Premier League Champions Chelsea on the 15th of August. Andy Gray said, "It is going to be important for us to get the season started in the way that we plan to carry on, in the past few season's Everton have had bad starts to the season and finished strongly." With the focus turning to the transfer window as speculation is rife about the comings and goings at Goodison Park, the new boss had this to say. "We have approached some players that we believe will bring success to this club and there will be announcements made in time."

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

BBC-1.png

Hansen: Moyes a tough act to follow

image-12-for-team-of-the-weekend-april-4-5-gallery-385884204.jpg

Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen has said that Andy Gray will have a lot to live up to in the coming season.

With Everton appointing the 55 year-old Scot as the new manager, he is going to have to try and build on the success that David Moyes brought on an extremely tight budget earning him respect from top managers in the Premier League and linked him with the Manchester United job once Alex Ferguson does eventually retire. David Moyes since arriving at Everton took them to a safe 15th position in his first season, improving to a seventh place finish in the 2002-03 season which was their highest finish since 1996.

Everton then incredibly broke the Top 4 in the 2004-05 season to gain qualification to the Champions League but were disappointing and ultimately crashed out in the qualification round. Since David Moyes led the club to the UEFA Cup in 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons whilst reaching the FA Cup Final in 2009 where they lost out to Chelsea.

"The fans will be hoping that Everton will be able to achieve the same level of success in the coming seasons," Hansen told BBC Sport's Dan Walker. "The expectations for next season are high - they had a poor season last year, despite a strong finish to the campaign, there is no doubt hope that the club will be able to improve on that 8th place finish."

Former Scotland and Everton legend Andy Gray has been handed the job on a two year contract and looks to face Chelsea on the opening day of the season as they hope to get their season started with a bang. "The problem with Everton is the lack of funds," Hansen said, "It is a club that would greatly benefit from investment and it is likely that Andy Gray will have to sell to bring any players in."

There is no doubt a great challenge ahead for Everton and they will no doubt be looking delve into the transfer market soon in a bid to improve the squad ahead of the 2009-10 season.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Gray brings in own Backroom Staff

28228.png

After being appointed as Everton boss Andy Gray has made mass changes to the back room staff at the club. Ex Middlesbrough player and first team coach Colin Cooper has been appointed as the assistant manager with John Murtough, Simon Morgan, Andrew Cole and Mark Chamberlain taking up coaching roles with the Merseyside club. Ex England stars Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence have been brought in as goalkeeping coaches. Experienced fitness coach Peter Davidson has been brought in as well as the new boss rings the chances.

_43999194_grip_getty300.jpg

Tord Grip was Sven's assistant manager during his spell at Lazio

Experienced Swede Tord Grip has been brought in as Head Scout at Everton to assist the club in finding suitable targets for the club in an effort to take the club forward. Everton have also announced that ex Blackburn youth coach Bobby Downes has also taken up a role with the Merseyside club, as well as Steve Whitehall and Ian Irving coming in, in the physio department. "I feel that now with the new coaching staff at the club that we can begin looking towards the footballing side of things." Boss Andy Gray said, "We have approached and agreed terms with two players and the club will be making announcements tomorrow, they have to undergo medicals before completing the moves."

I love the detail thats put into this story eddy! :D its fantastic as are the graphics you are putting up! :D keep this coming!" :D

Everton secure Championship starlets

28228.png

Sky Sports reports reveal that Everton have secured the signature of Coventry's Gary Deegan for a fee believed to be in the region of £750k worth £9,250 per week. Gary Deegan since arriving at Coventry last season for a fee of £70k secured his position in the starting eleven and has been impressing fans at the Ricoh Arena. Everton have also announced the signing of Hull City's Tom Cairney for a fee of £2M worth £6,250 per week. Who has been touted as becoming the next Jim Baxter with many considering him as Scotland's greatest ever player It is believed that these signings show that the Andy Gray is going for youth in a bid to drive the club forward.

cairney_1572108c.jpg

Tom Cairney has become highly rated since his emergence last season

Hull City had been eager to hold onto their young star but resigned themselves to losing him after too many top clubs made their interest in Cairney public knowledge. The young midfielder has been regarded as an adept signing by Andy Gray, saying that this is a player that can become a star of the future. Everton boss Andy Gray had this to say after signing the 19 year old. "Tom is a fantastic young player, and having seen Jim Baxter when I was growing up, I firmly believe that Tom can become a top player in the Premier League and lead the club to glory.

Tom Statement

I am sad to be leaving Hull City as they were the club that gave me the opportunity to show what I can do at a young age and prepare me for what is coming in the future. I hope that the Hull City fans understand my decision to leave the club and don't see me as someone jumping ship. Everton have always been a club that has interested me and with Andy coming in I feel that the club is moving in the right direction and I hope that I can be part of that vision. Although I do not expect to get into the starting lineup I look forward to pulling on the Everton shirt and playing for the club.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Mass player Exodus from Everton as Gray trims squad

28228.png

The latest news coming out of the Everton camp is that 6 players have been shipped out after becoming surplus to requirements, this comes as new boss Andy Gray begins to put his stamp on the squad. With the signings of Tom Cairney, and Gary Deegan it is believed that Everton had to balance the books.

650.png
Everton Transfers: Out

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - Stuttgart - £7.25M
Louis Saha - Tottenham - £4.3M
Seamus Coleman - Newcastle - £7.5M
Apostolos Vellios - Free Transfer - Free
Jose Baxter - Chelsea - £3.4 plus clauses
Shane Duffy - Fulham - £1.8M plus clauses

Transfer Money in: £24.5M

efc__1260194645_Seamus-Coleman-450x302.jpg

Many fans and pundits will be surprised at some of the departures from Everton especially 22 year-old Seamus Coleman who left to Newcastle for £7.5M, after being signed by David Moyes for £150K from Sligo Rovers in Ireland after impressing early in his career. With the sale of Everton's most adept wide players it is believed that Andy Gray is going to be favouring a narrow line up - after making the signing of two central midfielders already this transfer window.

Louis Saha to tottenham! that could come back and haunt you lad! ;) but nice load of money come in! how much of that have you got to spend now then? must be atleast 70% of it? keep it up buddy! :D

Everton secure Belgian wonderkid

28228.png

News has filtered through to the media that Everton have made their third and biggest summer signing so far. Sky Sports can reveal that the signing is Romelu Lukaku who has moved from RSC Anderlecht for a fee believed to be in the region of £5.5M joining on a wage of £19,750 per week after passing a medical at Finch Farm training ground on Friday. It is believed that Lukaku will be the spearhead of a new look attack force at Everton.

Confirmation of this signing was made earlier this evening when a club statement was issued. "Romelu Lukaku has tonight completed his transfer from RSC Anderlecht to Everton and signed a 4 year contract that will keep at Goodison Park until 2013."

lukaku.jpg

RSC Anderlecht will no doubt be resigned to losing their 17 year-old starlet, but will no doubt accept that it was going to come to pass with many top clubs in Europe announcing interest in the youthful striker. After breaking into the Anderlecht first team last season at the age of 16 scoring 15 goals in 33 appearances there was undoubted quality surrounding this player, and was a matter of time until someone made the attempt to sign Lukaku. It is reported that Everton beat the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Barcelona in the attempt to sign the 17 year-old.

Romelu Lukaku has stated that he is looking forward to joining the Merseyside club and meeting the team mates ahead of the Premier League Campaign. Romelu also stated that the desire to perform at the highest stage alongside Belgian star and close friend Marouane Fellaini. He also shares the ambition of the club and hopes that he will be able to help the side grow back into one of Europe's top clubs.

650.png
Transfers in so far:
Gary Deegan (CM), Tom Cairney (CM), Romelu Lukaku (ST)

wow thats probably the best update iv seen for a transfer update! great detail and excellent use of the knowledge and information needed! keep this up bud! :D

Cheers buddy will have another update later tonight :)

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:57 PM ----------

header-1-1.png

4 new signings arrive at Goodison

goodison-park-006.jpg

18.7.2010​

Chairman Bill Kenwright is delighted to confirm the signing of 4 new players to be arriving at Everton ahead of the coming season, these include ex Manchester United youth star striker Febian Brandy who joins on a free transfer after being released from the Red Devils earlier in the summer. The second signing is highly rated Belgian striker Jelle Vossen who has been described as a top quality finisher at the age of just 21 years old, joining for a fee believed to be in the region of £750K from club K Racing Club Genk. The third signing of the transfer window is experienced tenacious Norwegian defensive midfielder Helge Haugen, who has signed from Norwegian side Tromso Idrettslag for a fee believed to be in the region of £140K. The final signing to be announced today is the signing of French side GF 38's high rated left back Atila Turan, who has signed for a fee believed to be in the region of £1.5M.

Further information:

Febian Brandy

newgenx_161660.jpg

Febian Brandy was held in high regard at Old Trafford as it was believed that he would be able to one day break into the first team, but after failing to agree a new contract was allowed to leave on a free transfer. Everton will no doubt be hoping that he can reach the undoubted potential that the striker has. He has lightning pace and can beat a man, something that can be very important in the game these days. No doubt an astute signing by Andy Gray.

Jelle Vossen

JelleVossen02-0920.jpg

Another young Belgian to be given the opportunity to shine on Merseyside, since breaking through into the first team at club side Genk in 2006-07 season where he made 7 appearances scoring 1 goal, he went on to score 7 more goals in 38 matches in a three year period. It is believed that Tord Grip had suggested this signing to Andy Gray stating that he is an excellent prospect and with some fine tuning has the ability to become a top quality player.

Helge Haugen

1183556157434_949.jpg

Everton's third signing today is a 28 year old Helge Haugen who plays in the defensive midfielder role and has been regarded as one of Norway's top defensive midfielders despite only making 1 cap for Norway's youth squad. Helge has an incredibly work rate and the ability to make last ditch tackles, although not a creative player he will happily protect the back four allowing the more attack minded players to push forward.

Atila Turan

14132gj.jpg

Everton's final July signing is French left back Atila Turan who played for Ligue 2 side GF 38, despite not making a professional league appearance for the club he is highly rated and regarded as a top prospect in his position. At the age of 18, he has a bright career ahead of him and is no doubt looking forward to facing the prospect of playing in the Premier league under the leadership of Andy Gray as the 54 year-old Scot bids to rediscover the European form that saw Everton become a top club in the 80's.

good luck mate :D uploading your wales save might be a good idea :)

good luck mate :D uploading your wales save might be a good idea :)

Yeh I might do that soon, although I am definitely going back to that story at some point, rotate between these 2 :D

ahh i see might read through it now to catch up a bit :L, anyway looking forward to the next update :)

Brilliant update bud! this just gets better and better! keep this up :) i wanna see more!

Everton endure mixed Pre-Season results

650.png

Pre Season

Everton 4 - 0 Everton Reserves : Apostolos Vellios, Tim Cahill (3)
Hoffenheim 0 - 0 Everton
Dungannon 0 - 5 Everton : Jelle Vossen (3), Tim Cahill (2)
Barnsley 1 - 0 Everton
Bury 2 - 1 Everton : Tom Crainey
Carlisle 2 - 3 Everton : James Wallace (2), Jelle Vossen
Crewe 0 - 2 Everton : Nathan Craig (2)

With mixed pre-season results Everton boss Andy Gray will no doubt be looking to reflect on the results and look at what ways the changes can be implemented in a bid to bring success to the club, in their tough home match against Chelsea on the opening day of the season.

"On reflection I feel that the pre-season all be it not 100% successful has given me an insight into the way that I feel the club should be playing ahead of the season and the rough starting 11 that will be playing in the match against Chelsea on Sunday. Someone who has been really impressed me in pre-season is Tim Cahill."

TimCahill-training.jpg

Tim Cahill scored 5 goals in 3 pre-season games for Everton

"His work rate and desire to succeed has been fantastic in the pre-season and has been an inspiring figure in the dressing room which is the reason I have appointed him as vice captain alongside Phil Neville as club captain. Players like Tim are few and far between and to have someone of his quality is no doubt going to be a massive boost to the club in the coming season, I believe that if we are to have success then it will be of paramount importance that Tim Cahill is fit and ready for the challenge."

Everton Formation

Formation-1.png

"During the season I will be implementing a 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 formation with two strikers leading the line, with Tim Cahill acting as the spearhead of the midfield playing as an inside forward. Tim is the perfect player for this role, he has fantastic movement off the ball and has already proven throughout the years his ability at playing this role and feel no reason to change it."

"I feel that the narrow formation with the use of attacking full backs will allow us to control games, and having watched the Premier League I believe that this is the way forward, with one player carrying out the anchorman role in front of the back four allowing both the full backs to push higher up the pitch and provide the width and crosses for the front two. Leighton Baines is in my opinion one of the top left backs in the Premier League will be a perfect candidate for this role."

"My starting midfield, is likely to be Jack Rodwell and Mikel Arteta to start the season as I feel will the flair and vision of Mikel combined with the power and work rate of Jack this is a fantastic base to build from, I feel that with the young midfielders that have been signed we have a fantastic group of players and look onwards to a successful season."

Last edited:
nice start mate! your other thread was tops, should be interesting to see how you do with the toffs. dont let me and the other evertonians on here down k? hahha. good start!

Great start mate, hopefully this will be as good as your Wales story. :D

Good luck

nice start mate! your other thread was tops, should be interesting to see how you do with the toffs. dont let me and the other evertonians on here down k? hahha. good start!

Yeh cheers buddy, I'll do my best :D

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Great start mate, hopefully this will be as good as your Wales story. :D

Good luck

I hope it can be better!! :)

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

PremierLeagueWebsite.png

Everton name Premier League squad

650.png

Ahead of the coming Premier League season Everton boss Andy Gray has announced his 25 man squad in preparation for the season opener against Chelsea on Sunday.

Goalkeepers

GK - Jan Mucha
GK - Tim Howard
GK - Iain Turner

Defenders

DC - John Heitinga
DR - Phil Neville
DC - Sylvain Distin
DC - Phil Jagielka
DR - Tony Hibbert
DL - Atila Turan (U21)
DL - Leighton Baines

Midfielders

MC - Jack Rodwell (U21)
DM - Helge Haugen
DM - Marouane Fellaini
MC - Mikel Arteta
MC - Gary Deegan
MC - Tom Crainey (U21)
AMC - Leon Osman
AMC - Tim Cahill

Forwards

ST - Febian Brandy (U21)
ST - Jelle Vossen (U21)
ST - Jermaine Beckford
ST - Romelu Lukaku (U21)

Senior Squad - 16
Under 21's - 6

After naming a squad consisting of just 22 players and 16 senior team players, Everton have a small squad and are currently short on numbers in the defensive department, it will no doubt be paramount importance that the club avoids injury or it could seriously hinder the clubs success. With transfer speculation still rife with nearly a month left to go in the transfer window it is believed that there is still money in the transfer kitty with Andy Gray still looking to bolster the squad.

"Despite having a small squad here at Everton I believe that the players we do have, are top quality, and that is going to be the key. If we have all of our key players fit then we will be a match for any team in the Premier League, and with that belief I feel that I have bolstered the squad in some key area's and am possibly looking at bringing in another midfielder and another defender before the transfer window is up."

Kick off - Press Conference

28228.png

With the Premier League kicking off tomorrow the Everton boss Andy Gray has spoken at the final press conference before the team kick off on the first Super Sunday of the year when they face Chelsea at Goodison Park. Both clubs will no doubt be aiming to get their season started off in the best possible way it is likely to be a fantastic match. Everton have had the better of Chelsea in recent matches having been unbeaten in the clubs last 3 meetings, with results being.

11.png
23-04-09 - Chelsea
630.png
0 - 0
650.png
Everton

11.png
12-12-09 - Chelsea
630.png
3 - 3
650.png
Everton

11.png
10-02-10 - Everton
650.png
2 - 1
630.png
Chelsea

linebreak.png

Andy Gray - Pre Season Press Conference

ANDY-GRAY_1811313c.jpg

Andy Gray said:
"Right, I am ready for your questions, fire away."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- Andy, Tom Davies from the Sun, You've had the off-season to prepare your team and all that's left is to kick off the campaign. Are you confident that your team are ready?

Andy Gray said:
"The break went well, I feel that I have an understanding with the players, and they are coming to terms with the way that I want them to play and we are looking at building on the positive results and take those performances into the competitive matches."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- The opening day of the domestic season is marked on the calenders of football fans all across the country and, after a long close-season, everybody is raring to go. Are you excited?

Andy Gray said:
"It's great to finally get underway - both myself and the team are looking forward to getting started."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- Andy, it's always nice to start the campaign with a win to get points on the board and build momentum. Are you confident you can get off to a good start?

Andy Gray said:
"Well the whole team have been working hard and, if the players can carry that focus and determination that they showed in pre-season then we should be able to do well."

IMG_0030.jpg
- Pat Nevin, BBC Radio 5 Live, Andy in what way are you preparing for this match, what will be your game plan?

Andy Gray said:
"Well I obviously don't want to discuss, in depth tactics, but making it hard for Chelsea to play is going to be the priority, if they can't get their passing game going. Then we'll stand every opportunity of getting a positive result."

IMG_0030.jpg
- Do you have a clear idea in mind of your preferred starting eleven for this coming match?

Andy Gray said:
"I have a first 11 in mind, but you can never account for any potential injuries and form that could cause changes in the starting line up."

IMG_0030.jpg
- Andy, with the season kicking off tomorrow, and you waiting until Sunday to face Chelsea, would you have preferred to play on the Saturday?

Andy Gray said:
"Well, I do not particularly mind when we play our game, we are focussed on our game, but I will no doubt keep an eye out for results and look at form, I will be at Wigan tomorrow as we face their oppositions Aston Villa in our second week match and it's going to be important to scout out the way they are going to play under new boss Gerard Houllier, that's all I've got time for, I look forward to speaking to you after the Chelsea match."

linebreak.png

11-2.png

linebreak.png

Premier League - Match Day 1 Results

Kick Off 12:45

Tottenham
728.png
0 - 0
679.png
Man City

Kick Off 15:00

Birmingham
609.png
4 - 0
614.png
Bolton W
Blackpool
613.png
2 - 0
688.png
Newcastle
Sunderland
722.png
2 - 2
721.png
Stoke City
West Ham
735.png
0 - 1
602.png
Arsenal
Wigan Ath
737.png
0 - 2
603.png
Aston Villa

Kick Off 17:30

Man Utd
680.png
0 - 1
612.png
Blackburn

With Saturday results in, there has already been a shock result with Manchester United losing at home to Steve Kean's Blackburn Rovers thanks to a goal from Manchester City loanee Roque Santa Cruz. Elsewhere Blackpool shocked Newcastle defeating them 2 - 0 in their first Premier League match, thanks to goals from new signings James Beattie and Ludovic Sylvestre.