I love how you do the press conferences on this story! the detail and effort in it is sublime! a good read as well buddy! :D some good first day results for you with united losing! :D Bolton look good though! ;)

P.s. just finished my season and final updates! check it out :D

Last edited:
I love how you do the press conferences on this story! the detail and effort in it is sublime! a good read as well buddy! :D some good first day results for you with united losing! :D Bolton look good though!

P.s. just finished my season and final updates! check it out :D

Haha Bolton 4 - 0 loss to Brum, :D yeh i thought a change in press conferences would be nice to do, only going to have them sparingly though, :) I'll do an update tomorrow regarding the first game of the season!!

Coming over now bud!

Nice buddy, brilliant start! excellent detail just read it all :D

Everton face Chelsea in Season opener

Sky_Sports-1.png

linebreak-1.png

11-2.png

linebreak-1.png

650.png
630.png

EVERTON VS CHELSEA

Teamsheet.jpg

linebreak-1.png

Live from Goodison Park

10947_ori_goodison_park.jpg

Good afternoon, I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to our second match in today's Sky Sports Super Sunday coverage of Everton's clash with Chelsea on the opening day of the season. New boss Andy Gray will no doubt be hoping to get the season started with a win.

I'm joined in the studio by Jamie Redknapp and Ray Wilkins and we will be looking at the season opener as well as looking at both teams chances and signings in preparation for the coming season. We have already had one match today where Wolves beat West Brom 2 - 1 at the Hawthorns, no doubt Mick McCarthy will be delighted with an away win to open the season.

With both sides investing in the summer there is no doubt that expectations for both clubs are going to be high this season, with Chelsea winning the league last season they will be looking to once again win consecutive Premier League Trophies. Then there's Everton with a new manager at the helm, Andy Gray will no doubt be looking at showing any doubters that he can indeed lead the Merseyside club to success once again. Looking at the team sheet's Jamie are you surprised to see new signing Lukaku starting on the bench with Beckford and Vossen starting up front today?

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

Well I think there must be a reason for it, Andy has made some great signings and I really think that he has strengthened the side in some key areas. Everton are a side that have struggled in recent years with squad depth and I feel that the issue has been attended now. I think that this line up chosen by Andy is really going to have to rely heavily on the full backs providing the width and if Chelsea can pin these back then that could cause lots of problems for them. Today, with Everton's recent record against Chelsea, I have to give them a chance, but I think it's going to be a draw, it's early in the season and I think it may take time for the Everton players to adapt to the formation.

linebreak-1.png

650.png

Everton Lineup

Everton.jpg

Subs: S Distin, H Haugen, G Deegan, T Cairney, L Osman, Brandy, R Lukaku

linebreak-1.png

With Everton lining up in their 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 formation there is no doubt going to be an emphasis at playing through the middle, Jermaine Beckford starts his first game for Everton today in a bid to score a debut goal. Time to look at the Chelsea line up.

linebreak-1.png

630.png

Chelsea Lineup

chelsea.jpg

Subs: R Turnbull, J Baxter, Y Benayoun, P Ferreira, Neymar, S Kalou, M Tounkara

linebreak-1.png

So Chelsea name two debutants in their season opener against Everton with Fernando Torres, and David Luiz coming in, with Didier Drogba out injured with a stubbed toe. Chelsea line up in their attacking 4 - 3 - 3 shows a in what way that they are approaching this game, and no doubt will be hoping to start in flying fashion. Ray what do you make of Carlo's side today?

d56205949bns-007jpg.jpg

Well, Carlo look's like he's going for it today, it's an extremely attacking lineup, and with Manchester United losing to Blackburn today he see's this as a great opportunity to take advantage of that. I can see today being a tough day for Chelsea though, Everton have got a good record against them, and with Andy in charge it looks like there has been a boost in the camp and with the club struggling to get seasons started strongly recently, they will be hoping for a change this season. I think I'm going to go for a hard fought draw.

linebreak-1.png

28228.png

Everton beat Chelsea 2 - 0 at Goodison

650.png

11.png

EPL - Match Day 1
Everton
650.png
2 - 0
630.png
Chelsea

Jermaine Beckford (27)
Tim Cahill (29)

The Everton boss will be delighted in the way that the side approached this match, which they dominated in every area. Andy Gray's side bossed possession commanding in impressive 58% of the ball throughout the whole game. With two debutants leading the line for Everton today many would have expected a bedding in period before success would come but ex Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford showed that he can perform at the top level in England. The deadlock was finally broken in the 27th minute after a wonderful 16 pass move of flowing football from front to back before Mikel Arteta made the killer pass unleashing Jermaine Beckford clean through to run at the Chelsea keeper, he showed his poaching instincts as he placed the ball with great composure past the Petr Cech.

everton-celebrate-jermaine-beckford-goal-barclays-premiership-liverpool-everton.jpg

Jermaine Beckford was delighted to a debut goal for Everton

With Chelsea looking visibly shaken witnessing Everton completely dominating the game and had now capitalised mid way through the first half. Within 1 minute of the kick off the ball was once again in the Chelsea net, this time thanks to a certain Tim Cahill's ability to know the precise time to enter the penalty area. With Chelsea pushing forward straight from the kick off Marouane Fellaini won the ball back on the edge of the penalty area before playing the ball to Mikel Arteta who lifted a wonderful pass for that man Jermaine Beckford to run clean through down the left flank, before picking out the well timed run of Tim Cahill placed the ball into the net past a shocked Petr Cech. Tim Cahill looked delighted to score a goal for his beloved Everton on the opening day of the season.

tim_cahill_100th_goal_celebration410.jpg

Tim Cahill carried his pre-season form into the Premier League

Chelsea continued to look intimidated by the incredible atmosphere that was created in Goodison Park today. The game eventually ran out with Everton winning 2 - 0 and this left new boss Andy Gray delighted. "We were fabulous out there today, really stopped Chelsea playing their game and dominated them in all areas of the pitch." Andy said, "Jermaine really showed today that he can take his chances at this level, I can't compliment the team enough as I thought that every player put in a fantastic shift in and we will definitely look at carrying this form into the coming matches." Everton's next match in the season is against Aston Villa next Sunday where Andy Gray will pitch his side against Gerard Houllier.

Great Update Mate...:) U may want to become a writer u r good at it...

Can u c my story and give me some pointers?

Thanks buddy, I the story to be easily readable, so going to try and keep that going for the whole length of the Evertonian adventure that this is going to be :D

Will be following till it gets going mate...:)

Everton draw Leeds in League Cup 2nd Round

linebreak-1.png

leeds.png

LEEDS UNITED

linebreak-1.png

With the Carling Cup 2nd Round draw under way it's become apparent that Everton will be facing newly promoted Championship side Leeds United at Elland Road on Wednesday 25th August. There is no doubt that that Andy Gray and his side will fancy their chances against the Championship outfit as before the season kicked off the new Everton boss stated that he wanted the side to getting a winning mentality and take that into every match.

Andy's thought's

Andy-Gray-1.jpg

"Elland Road is always a tough place to go, but I back my side to perform. We will be facing Aston Villa on the Sunday ahead of the Carling Cup clash but I am confident that with the added depth to the squad we will be able to compete in all competitions that we are entered in to. It's going to be a great opportunity to see some of the new signings at the club, Tom Crainey has really looked fantastic in training and I look forward to seeing him in action. Another is Febian Brandy who has looked really sharp and has fantastic desire to prove himself after being released by Manchester United in the summer.

But before, we turn our attentions to Leeds we have a match against Aston Villa to deal with and once we get through that we can focus on the Carling Cup. I travelled to the DW Stadium on Saturday to watch Villa play and they looked good, they have dangerous players that can hurt any team and we will have to play well to get a result but I back my players as always to put a shift in. Robert Pires was an adept signing by Gerard and he looked comfortable in possession, and dangerous. I feel that we have enough to hurt Villa though, with the power and pace of Lukaku coming in I feel that he will be able to cause them problems."

linebreak-1.png

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Everton secure marquee signing

28228.png

After much speculation, Andy Gray has made his another signing of the transfer window and this time he has signed high rated French midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

Since breaking through into the Toulouse first team in the 2007-08 season the 22 year-old has since made 102 appearances for the French side scoring 13 goals. Everton have secured the signature of the French midfielder for a fee believed to be in the region of £11,500,000 and joins on a £35,500 per week deal. Moussa Sissoko is another player who has been drawing large amounts of interest from top clubs all around Europe and there is no doubt that Andy Gray will be delighted to have secured his man.

With the Moussa Sissoko signing being the largest fee involved so far in this transfer window for Everton people will no doubt be hoping that he can make an instant impact. Andy Gray stated that the signing of the 22 year-old midfielder is a signal of intent to other teams in the Premier League, showing that Everton mean business and now have the strength in depth to compete. With the signing of Moussa Sissoko it is once again another young player to join Everton bringing the average age of the squad to just over 24 years old.

moussa-sissoko-liverpool.jpg

Moussa Sissoko is a highly rated French star

Moussa Sissoko stated that his desire to perform in the World's most competitive league was the driving force in his move to Everton and that his ambition shared that of the new manager. He told journalists in France that he feels driven to justify the £11.5M price tag that was put on him, stating his desire to show the Everton faithful what he has to offer and inspire them to a top 6 finish this season.

The 22 year-old midfielder will be competing for a starting position in the Everton line up along side the likes of Jack Rodwell and Mikel Arteta who has impressed in the first match of the season against Chelsea. It is likely that the new boss will retain largely the same line up against Aston Villa in the weekend gradually introducing Moussa Sissoko to the demands of the Premier League.

Great signing....:) but a tricky draw...BEst of luck!

650.png

Ancelotti: Blues were fantastic

carlo-ancelotti1.jpg

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti heaped praise upon Everton following their 2 - 0 triumph at Goodison Park and admitted that he had no complaints regarding the result.

The Chelsea boss was frustrated by his team's inability to get into their passing game and control the game, as well as breaking their way through the resolute Everton rearguard and praised Andy Gray's men for their attitude and commitment to the cause.

Ancelotti said: "We had difficulty having time on the ball, Everton pressed us all over the pitch and didn't allow us to play our passing football. I felt that we could have moved the ball quicker but with the midfield performance from Fellaini as their anchor man put in a fantastic performance against us.

"We were too slow playing the ball from the back and allowed them time to regroup and get into their positions."

He added: "Everton played very well, with fantastic pace and power, play and attitude. Andy has answered a few critics with that performance."

Refusal to blame Torres

"Yes, Fernando did not have the best of games, but that was down to the effectiveness of Everton's defence and not the lack of his ability. We were missing Didier and that is always a massive loss for us, he will be back for the coming fixtures and we look to bounce straight back from this early set back."

just sat here! and read your updates! Wow! why cant you be **** with stories like i am? (H) keep this up cuz i am loving this long time! :D never quit your stories :D

just sat here! and read your updates! Wow! why cant you be **** with stories like i am? (H) keep this up cuz i am loving this long time! :D never quit your stories :D

Lol, I'll ignore the bit about you being terrible, cheers for the comments will have more after ten tonight :)

Lol, I'll ignore the bit about you being terrible, cheers for the comments will have more after ten tonight :)

Umm rather you didnt :) love it will be back looking at 9 :) could you do a sig with a badge like yours for me and send me the link on private mail please? :) appreciated! :D

brilliant start mate :) can i ask what skin is that?

I'll let you know when I'm online buddy! ;)

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Umm rather you didnt :) love it will be back looking at 9 :) could you do a sig with a badge like yours for me and send me the link on private mail please? :) appreciated! :D

Will do tonight bud cheers for comments :)