Everton v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 272
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear not Everton, so long as the likes of Jagielka, Cahill, Howard, Rodwell, Baines and so on and so on......are still around, Everton are more than capable of challenging for Europa league at least.

Fear not Everton, so long as the likes of Jagielka, Cahill, Howard, Rodwell, Baines and so on and so on......are still around, Everton are more than capable of challenging for Europa league at least.

Problem is, the likes of Jagielka, Cahill, Howard (a bit), Distin, Neville and Saha are all drawing into the twilight years of their careers. These are key players, Everton's dogs of war, and the reliability and consistency which players like Cahill and Jagielka bring to the table will be hard to replace, particularly on Everton's budget. Moyes is about the only man who can do it.

That's like saying 'So long as the timer in the bomb currently glued to your balls does not reach 0, you will not blow into a gazillion pieces'.

Was that a poor attempt at trying to make me feel better by asking me to learn from... Bendtner?

No I was saying continue being pessimistic. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

See indirectly I did make life better by switching from the depressing subject of who will replace DM to........Nicklas Bendtner. :D

And we ll know Bendtner can cheer anybody up...except Arsenal fans that is :P

Well teams have to play against 12 against Utd when Webb referees so it's only fair.

I can prove you wrong easily. I can post many decisions that he gave against us that too when the game was far from over. ;)

Last edited:
Just coming on to share my disgust at a certain Luis Suarez. One of the most vile creatures in football today. People like that don't deserve to play in a merseyside derby, when you've got the likes of Rodwell, Everton through and through, living for games like that, wearing his heart on his sleeve, playing his socks off, getting sent off for a typically brilliant derby day challenge.

And for Alan "Speech Impediment" Smith to then give him MOTM, isn't half ****** insensitive.

Anyway rant off, was impressed with how we played before the sending off, and after. Have a strong feeling we would have gone on to get something out of the game, without the travesty of a sending off.

Just coming on to share my disgust at a certain Luis Suarez. One of the most vile creatures in football today. People like that don't deserve to play in a merseyside derby, when you've got the likes of Rodwell, Everton through and through, living for games like that, wearing his heart on his sleeve, playing his socks off, getting sent off for a typically brilliant derby day challenge.

And for Alan "Speech Impediment" Smith to then give him MOTM, isn't half ****** insensitive.

Anyway rant off, was impressed with how we played before the sending off, and after. Have a strong feeling we would have gone on to get something out of the game, without the travesty of a sending off.

Quite ironic really. Paulo Di Canio is encouraging his players to dive and cheat, Suarez gives a master class.

Di Canio is a ****, but I can't blame Suarez, he is a product of lousy South American refereeing. The same applies to Neymar, Di Maria et al.

Like I said earlier, wasn't happy to see suarez acting like that either, but his great play and technique just about outweighs the bad side to his game. Starting to understand how united fandns felt when they had ronaldo.

Coming from a Liverpool fan, Suarez does annoy me with the playacting. I've never liked it, and don't condone it. To be fair, when Torres joined us he was similar but Gerrard came out about it and he toned it down a **** of a lot. Hopefully the same will happen to Luis, because he is a sensational footballer.

Coming from a Liverpool fan, Suarez does annoy me with the playacting. I've never liked it, and don't condone it. To be fair, when Torres joined us he was similar but Gerrard came out about it and he toned it down a **** of a lot. Hopefully the same will happen to Luis, because he is a sensational footballer.

Hope so. Don't doubt his ability, but needs professionalism instilled. I'd say the same if an Everton player did it. Saying that, players would probably fear DM reaction if they did it. I know I wouldn't want to **** him off lol

Bill Kenwright has said after the coin throwing at Goodison yesterday, Everton have £3.76 to spend in the January window.

sorry had to laugh a bit :P

sorry had to laugh a bit :P

If we had that much I'd be doin cartwheels right now lol

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Just seen a worse challenge than Rodwells in the Stoke v Swansea match where the Swansea player was absolutely floored..........wasn't even carded. Sums up everything really.

Only just watched the highlights this morning and while I agree it's a soft red I can understand why it was given. Rodwell went in with his studs raised and if Suarez was any quicker to the ball it could of easily been a nasty one. It's Rodwell's own fault for not learning how to tackle correctly. He had time to use his instep, but instead opted to show his Englishness and use his studs.

Also, speaking of bad decisions. Why don't referee's enforce the rules on penalties? Howard was off his line before Kuyt struck the ball and there were at least 6 Everton players inside the box before Kuyt struck the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back