Everton v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 272
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moyes leaves, all **** will break loose, I think. Can't see the likes of Jagielka, Baines and Coleman staying on. Rodwell and Fellaini would be snapped up. Some, like Tim Howard, Distin and Saha might stay, but that's of scant comfort I'd imagine.

Luckily for the time being it seems Moyes will be staying.

Just biding his time till Fergie retires.

Amirite Ajt?

What are the odds that Redknapp replaces Capello after Euro 2012, Moyes takes over at Spurs, and someone like.....I don't know Sam Allardyce takes over at Everton?

That's soo spooky I actually thought that earlier, but I didn't want to induce a tirade from Mike by mentioning Redknapp taking over England job. But it is actually plausible. Levy's relationship is teetering on complete breakdown at times, and could look for a reason to get rid of him, and DM was linked with Spurs a couple of times.

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Just biding his time till Fergie retires.

Amirite Ajt?

Don't go there again. Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeeee (and I don't beg that often)

If Moyes leaves, all **** will break loose, I think. Can't see the likes of Jagielka, Baines and Coleman staying on. Rodwell and Fellaini would be snapped up. Some, like Tim Howard, Distin and Saha might stay, but that's of scant comfort I'd imagine.

Luckily for the time being it seems Moyes will be staying.

Fellaini will probably be leaving for Arsenal or a CL side in January anyway. Contract talks having been going on for months and at times Fellaini's body language inidicates he's had enough with the lack of progress

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

There's a sobering thought for Everton fans.

Rather have Houghton or Martinez

I'd rather have Mr. Ed manage Everton than seeing Allardyce anywhere near the club.

That's soo spooky I actually thought that earlier, but I didn't want to induce a tirade from Mike by mentioning Redknapp taking over England job. But it is actually plausible. Levy's relationship is teetering on complete breakdown at times, and could look for a reason to get rid of him, and DM was linked with Spurs a couple of times.

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Don't go there again. Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeeee (and I don't beg that often)

It would be tough for Everton and their fans but surely it would be a golden opportunity for Moyes considering the amount of cash he would be given to spend. But if he did somehow leave (Not saying he should or he will, I'm a big fan of the work he has done with the cash available to him over the years, and his loyalty) who might possibly replace him?

Edit: Ah well, never mind, you just answered my question above.

Last edited:
It would be tough for Everton and their fans but surely it would be a golden opportunity for Moyes considering the amount of cash he would be given to spend. But if he did somehow leave (Not saying he should or he will, I'm a big fan of the work he has done with the cash available to him over the years, and his loyalty) who might possibly replace him?

Probably Steve Round short term....then erm.......well there's.......

His suicide shall rest on your conscience.

He's not that bad. He could be John Barnes.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Bookies favourite is Alex McLeish followed by O'Neill. Interesting.......

lolololol

Don't know which is funnier. Doubt O'Neill would fancy Everton, not enough money to wildly overspend on mediocre players.

He's not that bad. He could be John Barnes.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

lolololol

Don't know which is funnier. Doubt O'Neill would fancy Everton, not enough money to wildly overspend on mediocre players.

Not keen on McLeish either. He's doing okay at Villa, but too streaky at times. I'd go Mark Hughes

O'Neill? Seriously? El-oh-el.

I'd like to see Hughton, if I'm honest. But I wouldn't mind seeing Phil as P/M.

Not keen on McLeish either. He's doing okay at Villa, but too streaky at times. I'd go Mark Hughes

More to the point, why would McLeish even move? Quite possibly the most sideways move in the Prem. In terms of resources, he has far more to play with at Villa Park, if not squad quality.

Mark Hughes is a ****, but not a bad manager I guess.

O'Neill? Seriously? El-oh-el.

I'd like to see Hughton, if I'm honest. But I wouldn't mind seeing Phil as P/M.

I like Hughton too. Shown he can cut it in the Prem so why not give him a shot. Can't be any worse situation than what he's got right now-and the quality of players are much better.

Scarey how the convo has switched to who will replace DM

What are the odds that Rafa 'Fanatastic' Benitez took over at Everton? I would eat my hair if that happened.

Definately won't happen. He loves Liverpool and wouldn't do anything to upset their fans.

[h=3]Everton boss David Moyes has admitted that he may he forced to sell midfield star Marouane Fellanini if the Belgian refuses to sign a new contract with the club.[/h]The giant central-midfielder was the clubs record signing when he made the move to Goodison Park for £15million from Standard Liege in the summer of 2008. Fellaini is one of the star players at Everton and is a fan favourite, but with less than 18 months remaining on his current contract, the club may be forced to sell. The club are in the midst of a financial crisis and manager David Moyes is aware that he may have to cash in on some of his more experienced players. They do not want to find themselves in a similar situation to Steven Pienaar who ran down his contract and then decided to leave on a free transfer and join Tottenham. Everton are already talking with the Belgium international in that hope that he will sign a new contract and according to reports in the Daily Mirror, initial discussions have been positive. Moyes is hoping that the sale of Mikel Arteta to Arsenal does not signal the opening of the floodgates and that he will be able to convince his star players to stay at the club.
"Yes, there is a danger that selling Mikel could set a precedent, but I hope not. I would like to think we can hang onto our best players," said Everton manager Moyes. "But there is always a danger when someone goes after saying they want to leave that it could set a precedent, and we will have to be careful of that." Should Everton be forced to sell the midfielder then it is believed that the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal would both be ready to snap up the talented midfield star.

Pretty much reported everywhere unfortunately

I like Hughton too. Shown he can cut it in the Prem so why not give him a shot. Can't be any worse situation than what he's got right now-and the quality of players are much better.

Scarey how the convo has switched to who will replace DM

Hughton's also proving himself on a tight budget. Will certainly be interesting to see how he does with Birmingham this season.

Anyways, let's move to a less depressing topic, shall we...

What are the odds that Rafa 'Fanatastic' Benitez took over at Everton? I would eat my hair if that happened.

Never gonna happen. He still loves the club, so I think he has the same feelings about Everton, as we all do. All the Liverpool fans at least.

Hughton's also proving himself on a tight budget. Will certainly be interesting to see how he does with Birmingham this season.

Anyways, let's move to a less depressing topic, shall we...

Yup. I remember Dan Gosling knocking Liverpool out the cup last time.

And on that more cheerful thought I must take my leave before I get my **** kicked by the other half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back