Evolution of the football manager

May

Fixtures

Tottenham V Bayern - Europa League S/F 2nd leg
"This will require one of the great European performances and were relying on the spurs faithful to supply the atmosphere"

Tottenham 3-0 Bayern
O'G
Bale
Cisse

AGG
Tottenham 4-3 Bayern

It all started off wit ha favor from my old Villa center back Toby Alderwield scoring a O'G then we hit the woodwork a few times before Bale made it 2-0 just before half time. Cisse Got the second half off to a dream start making it 3-0 and that's how it stayed. Kept pushing for a 4th goal that never arrived but we never let any in which is just as good.

"Were in the final!"

Norwich V Tottenham - Premiership
After the highs of the Europa League semi finals were back to fight for 2nd in the Premiership

Norwich 3-3 Tottenham
Modric
Rossi 2

A Abysmal first half had us 2-0 behind. We came out fighting in the 2nd half and had it level for a few minutes but Norwich ruined our comeback in 5 minutes and we needed a gung ho Rossi to save us a point "We'll need better at Stamford Bridge in 3 days time"

Chelsea V Tottenham - Premiership
"The last thing i need going into this match is missing our team talk just to please some ****** sponsors

Chelsea 0-1 Tottenham
Berisha

Chelsea self destructed in stoppage time after a boring 90 minutes Lukaku got sent off then eternal back up player Berisha scored the winner

--- Bale injured and will miss our final 3 game ---

Tottenham V Huddersfield - Premiership
Hopefully that Chelsea result will Spur us on through our last 3 games

Tottenham 4-1 Huddersfield
Yarmolenko
Berisha
Lewandowski
Walcott

This was never as easy as it looked! We were 1-0 up when nearly in the second half Dede's league season ended with a red card. "Somehow we played better with him off the pitch than when he was on it"

Europe
View attachment 278397

Stunning second leg performance books our place against Villarreal in the Final

League
View attachment 278398

Battle for 2nd-3rd going down to the wire. Relegation battle decided 1 game early

View attachment 278438

The 2018 Europa League Final

From Stadio San Nicola

View attachment 278440

View attachment 278442View attachment 278441

Villarreal
Vs Tottenham

"This will be our biggest match of the season and our first European final since 1984 if that's not the motivation then i don't know what is" "Indeed playing Villareal a team i loaned quality Man Utd players too every season inn the finals mean im more familiar with them than other Spanish teams and i know it wont be easy"

Team News

Villarreal
The 3rd force in Spain will be without the ineligible Andriy Mikhalevskyi and there 2 injured players David Jimenez and Necip Uysal

Tottenham
Tottenham have not been without injury misfortune since the start of April. Bale and Bertrand injured, Sandro is banned and Yarmalenko couldn't be registered for Europe

The Match

View attachment 278439

9 Villarreal 0-1 Tottenham - Van Duren
What a time to score his 1st goal for Spurs

39 Villarreal 0-2 Tottenham - Modric
Brilliant goal. Lets hold this advantage till half time

42 Villarreal 0-3 Tottenham - Lewandowski
Should be game over here!

HT Villarreal 0-3 Tottenham
Villareal have offered nothing to date and we've taken all our chances to build this huge first half advantage

90 Villarreal 0-4 Tottenham - Walcott

FT Villarreal 0-4 Tottenham

View attachment 278437

Man of the Match

Robert Lewandowski​

A goal and a assist in the 1st half and a deserved man of the match for our 10 goal man of the tournament

Tottenham were absolutely brilliant today we came flying out the blocks and had the game won by half time "This is brilliant result for everyone involved with Tottenham but we can't get carried away with Swansea on the final day and 2nd place to fight for"

The Premiership

Match 38
View attachment 278453

Battle for 2nd

View attachment 278455 View attachment 278454 View attachment 278456
Man Utd
V Liverpool V Tottenham

Liverpool
Win will guarantee 2nd a Draw would be enough if Man Utd don't win

Man Utd
A win would be enough if Liverpool Draw, if Liverpool loose Man Utd can get 2nd with a draw if Spurs don't win

Tottenham
Must win! Liverpool must loose for any hope of 2nd and Man Utd must drop points too

Fixtures

Leeds V Liverpool
Norwich V Man Utd
Swansea V Tottenham

Kick Off

6 - Norwich 0-1 Man Utd - Hamsik
Man Utd go 2nd

33 - Norwich 1-1 Man Utd - Johnson
Back to how it was

37 - Leeds 0-1 Liverpool - Camara
Liverpool consolidate 2nd place

HT - Man Utd and Spurs stutter and only Liverpool winning

61 - Norwich 1-2 Man Utd - De Vrij
Man Utd and Liverpool move clear but only 1 goal ahead. Boy do we need a goal to put the pressure on!

69 - Swansea 1-0 Tottenham - Graham
First action off the bench may have killed our slim hopes of 2nd

78 - Swansea 1-1 Tottenham - Rossi
Been quiet recently but pulls us back in the match but we need luck elsewhere too

92 - Leeds 0-2 Liverpool - Dembele
Liverpool secure 2nd with the last goal of the season.

Table finishes as it was
View attachment 278457

"We had nothing to loose really we were safe in 4th place with Champions league football in the bag i hoped the momentum from the Europa League could carry through to our last game but we put in a tired and laps performance"

Press - Will this be your last game for Spurs?

"Nothing has happened elsewhere yet but i would expect it is yes. There has been two managers positions that have been under threat and if eitehr of these jobs come up i'll be applying there"

Season 2017/18 Review

Premiership - 4th
FA Cup - Semi Finals
Europa League - Winners

Season stats
View attachment 278460

Team talk before leaving the liberty stadium

"Well its a shame we couldn't end the season with a victory but this was a great season for the club and all you players, Europa League success and Champions League next season. You have a lot to look forward to"

Man City ended Uniteds dominance with the league title
Liverpool and Man Utd fell well off the pace and were left fighting with Spurs for 2nd
European Football for Arsenal, Aston Villa and Chelsea
Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and Leicester return to the Championship

Europe

View attachment 278464

After seasons of disappointment and failure we win a European trophy for the second season in a row

FA Cup

Only a poor attacking display in the Semi finals kept me from reaching another final

View attachment 278465 View attachment 278466

League cup

View attachment 278467

2017/18 Season Awards
Non for spurs

Only thing we can take credit for is a record 44 goals in the Europa League

---- Match of the season ----
5th May 2018 - Carrow Road
Norwich 3-3 Tottenham

View attachment 278471

A Back and forth match which we never lead and needed a 89th minute Rossi goal to save us a point

---- Signing of the season ----
Chaca Cisse

View attachment 278472

Only brought in two players at the end of January and the one i felt did best was future French international Cisse. Did not expect him to be such a key player so fast

Tottenham Player of the Year 2017/18

3rd - Robert Lewandowski
View attachment 278468
After loosing a fight with Rossi to lead the team i decided Robert would be our European forward where he grabbed 10 goals

2nd - Guiseppe Rossi
View attachment 278469

What a player the little Italian is. Didn't expect him to play the Rooney role but ended up taking it from Lewandowski with a stunning run of form in February

1st - Gareth Bale
View attachment 278470
At Man Utd nearly every year i wished Bale wasn't so expensive and following 4 months with him i feel vindicated for these thought! He scores goals, He makes goals and can fill inn at left back. Fantastic!

Champions League final
Man Utd 2-2 Man City
Man Utd 3-4 Man City - Pens

View attachment 278473 View attachment 278474

The biggest Manchester derby in history went City's way after Felipe Torres missed the 5th crucial penalty

France Review

We threw away the group during the summer of 2017 and ended up having to beat the Irish to secure our place.

Going into the summer
That's my half season at Spurs done and looking around one off the jobs i wanted is available and the application will go in once the review is complete​

I've been following this for awhile haven't really posted but I am glad you are leaving Spuds!!!

Spurs Press release

View attachment 278496

As his short term agreement comes to a end the worst kept secret in football the Donald would not be staying on as Spurs boss was announced today. Donald has already cleared his stuff and has officially left the club.

Chairman Mike Spence revealed we tried to keep him on but at no stage did Donald share the same desire to be at Spurs despite success in Europe and progressing in the league to fight with the best teams

View attachment 278497

Donald left a written statement behind explaining
"We've parted under good terms we previously agreed to make it a short term contract as my desire was for a different project and as the season wore out two options were slowly revealing themselves. One has come through the other has not but more about that soon. Thank you to all the players, Staff and supporter of Spurs for a enjoyable 5 months for all of us"

Real Madrid press conference

View attachment 278510

Florentino Perez announces that Darran Donald has quickly been ushered in to the Real Madrid hot seat with a 5 year deal. The no1 choice for the job "Has proven he can build and buy a squad and he'll be given the opportunity to do both here at the world biggest club. We believe that the 5 year deal show we have faith in Donald to rebuild the side to its former glory"

Previous manager Michel's 3 years without a LIGA title and last season's rock bottom performance finishing an unaceptable 5th in LA LIGA and in Europe. "One Champions League victory, 3 last 16 knock outs, 2 quarter finals and 2 embarrassing group stage exits including last season was the final sting in the tale

In his opening statement "I got the offer or challenge should i say of a lifetime from Mr Perez. He wants to see the reformation of "The Galacticos" the promise of a open checkbook to build a whole new team and youth team of my choice which will be immediately competitive and eventually dominate Spain and Europe"

Perez added "He isn't getting out of here till he's brought us 5 Champions Leagues"

Press: Who will be your first Galacticos? "Would you laugh if i said Leo Messi?"

Press: With total control over the squad will any of them survive?"I haven't looked into any of the team or staff yet. I will be over for the weekend to look into everything and make a lot of my decisions this weekend with the World Cup beginning in 2 weeks and my French teams preparations starting on Monday they will have my full attention after that"

Press: Who will you be appointing as your assistant with the move to another country not suiting Mark Bowen? "Aitor Karanka is still employed as assistant and nobody know real like he does so it unlikely I'll change that position"

Press: Any other staff coming from England? "My backroom staff has not been confirmed but i aim to have it in place very quickly to run the club through the summer"

Press: Any regrets about leaving England and British football, the only football you've ever worked in "I've had a great 7 season in the Premiership im ready for a very different challenge here at Madrid"

Press: A 5 year contract is a long time for Madrid with most managers only lasting a few year if there lucky "If i have my way a 5 year contract will just be the beginning of my time in Madrid"

Targets

Only 1

5 Consecutive Champions Leagues before i leave Madrid

View attachment 278511

Ooosh Real Madrid!!! Good luck, hurry with the next update :p

Ooosh Real Madrid!!! Good luck, hurry with the next update :p

Wont get any updates done tonight. Watching the International football and tomorrow is a girlfriend day. So minimal football manager im afraid haha

Real Madrid

View attachment 278646

Real Squad

View attachment 278644 View attachment 278645

Stand out youths

Jorge - DC
View attachment 278647

Manuel Jesus - ML
View attachment 278648

David Calderon - AT
View attachment 278649

Coaching Changes
All the decent coaches left with Michel all the remaining ones were binned

My returing staff
James Hall, Francisco Ayestaran, Dave Watson, Giam Venturati, Luko Miklosko, Danny Butterfield. Two old friends are Giggs and Scholes return to my backroom along with two other blasts from the past Joe Cole and Stevie Gerrard

Affilated Clubs

Castilla + Real Madrid C

Real Salt Lake USA

Alajuelense

Beijing

Basel

Standard

Havre AC

Leganes

Vasco

Zenit

Transfer Budget of £409m may not all be spent

The budget will increase as i'll try sell and release the dead wood through the world cup then start buying once the competition is over.

World Cup 2018

The build up
View attachment 278668

Today France announced the provisional squad for the World Cup. 26 of the 30 spots were filled for good reason "I've got my 23 men in mind with 4 others brought in incase of injury's" the only injury worry we have is PSG defender Mohamed Camara who should be fit before the tournament kicks off

France

The Final 23 man Squad
Three player had to be dropped the main one being Dimitri Payet after a season in the wilderness at Chelsea and at 31 his day has probably gone

View attachment 278667

GK
Hugo Lloris

DR M Debuchy DC L Renault DC M Sakho DL A Cissokho
46/0 22/0 74/4 47/0

DM Y M'Villa
66/0

MC Yohan Cabaye MC Paul Pogba
74/6 43/8

AMR H Ben Arfa AML E Galim
62/12 45/26

AT K Benzema
111/80

Subs
GK - S Mandanda - 17/0
GK - A Areola - 0/0
DR - M Camara - 17/0
DL - A Angloma - 11/0
DC - R Varane - 33/2
DM - M Gonalons - 16/1
MC - M Sissoko - 65/15
MC - C Grenier - 21/0
MR - L Nangis - 2/0
ML - A Griezmann- 26/3
AT - A Lacazette- 13/2
AT - Loic Remy - 61/29

Pre tournament friendlys

View attachment 278669

"Were going to have two friendlys in face to get the squad together then heading over to the east of Europe for the rest of our warm up matches"

France 1-1 Russia
Remy

Looked like we were loosing till Remy scored off the bench

France V England
Hugo Lloris gets his 100th cap
Paul Pogba get his 40th

France 2-3 England
Remy 2

Well the result might not matter but boy oh boy have we got a lot of work to do before the tournament kicks off. We were 3-0 till 10 minutes to go

Russia V France
Ben Arfa wins 60th cap
L Renault wins 20th cap

Russia 1-4 France
Ben Arfa
Remy 2
Galim

This was a brilliant transformation in form and Remy is really starting to make me wonder if Benzema will start as all Remys goals have come from the bench

Lithuania V France
Debuchy out with a knock, Benzema get his last chance to perform on his 110th cap

Lithuania 0-4 France
Ben Arfa
Remy 2
Galim

We moved up several gears once Remy came on so he's earned the lead striker role

Ukraine V France
Final run out for the 1st team who will start against Saudi Arabia

Ukraine 2-2 France
Galim 2

Not very impressive way to go into the tournament. Have a real conundrum about who to start up front. Remy struggled from the start but Benzema hasn't impressed at all

Well that's the build up done. It went far from perfectly but it is what it is were off to our training camp in Russia and next up is the

2018 World Cup

Darran my dear you arent going to beat Athletic Bilao are you????? Anyone called Aitor Herrera in your save?

World Cup

Group H

----- Match 1 -----

France V Saudi Arabia
The opening match of the world cup is my 50th Game in charge of the French. Cabaye and Sahko make there 75th appearance "There's no time for celebrating today we've got to got out there and get our challenge under way successfully"

France 1-1 Saudi Arabia
Galim

View attachment 278686

What a disgusting performance! In a game we should have won by a few goals but in front of goal both our strikers were useless and our midfield failed to take control of the game "How can the same team now in the prime of there careers perform so bad on the big stage is beyond me"

- Injury - Aly Cisskho out for 2 weeks

Chile 1-0 Germany
Oh well not a total disaster for us i guess

View attachment 278687

----- Match 2 -----

Germany V France
A win aside in qualifying but this is where it matters. Anything but a win for either team could end there hopes of getting out the group

Germany 0-3 France
Galim
Remy 2

View attachment 278688

The Germans were awful but Remy was brilliant and that's cemented his place in the team for the upcoming games

Injury - Angloma out with a stubbed toe, shouldn't be too long!
Ban - Debuchy banned for 2 yellow cards. Leaving 3 of my 4 wing backs out injured

Saudi Arabia 0-1 Chile
Chile are through to the last 16 and we have to beat them to win the group in match 3

View attachment 278689

----- Match 3 -----

France
V Chile
Wouldn't have expected this too be the decider but it is what it is! As mentioned 3 injury to my 4 wing backs means i have a half fit Camara at right Back and Sakho filling in a left back

France 2-0 Chile
Remy
O'G

View attachment 278690

Solid but unspectacular. It was enough to win the group and the knockout stages await!

Saudi Arabia 0-2 Germany

View attachment 278691

Final Tables

View attachment 278692 View attachment 278693 View attachment 278694

The Last 16

Draw

View attachment 278702

The knockout stages begin and we got a very favourable draw thanks to Italy failing to get through the group and Algeria sneaking 2nd "Were not getting ahead of ourselves. We struggled against Saudi Arabia and Algeria play a similar system so this wont be a walk in the park"

Holland V Portugul looks like the juiciest tie at this stage

View attachment 278703View attachment 278704

Algeria
V France

My left back Aly Cissokho still isnt fit enough to get near the squad and to add to my misery Sakho is out for the rest of the tourrnament so thankfully Angloma is back to be in the wing back along with Debuchy

Algeria are no push overs and have a few quality players "I can see how they got through"

A Walkover! Our easiest win of the competition and our best performance "Well done lads lets keep it up in the Quarters"

Other results

View attachment 278708

No shocks really

****** hard Quarter Final against England next

World Cup Quarter Final

"Against Algeria we performed the best we have the whole tournament but our next match is against England who we really struggle to handle so we'll have to up our game even more to get to the semi finals"

Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 278715

Favorites Brazil have a easier game against Chile, Argentia also have a very winnable match with Tunisia and Spain play there rivals and bogie team Portugal

Cissokho still not quite fit enough to start and Sakho is our sole long term injury. England miss Daniel Sturridge and surprise call up Jay Rodriguez. "This is a really tricky game We traditionally struggle against Rooney and Giddings but we haven't played them competitively since 2004 so we have our chance to put the friendly disappointment behind us"

England 1-0 France

Ahhh Dang it! Naturally disappointed to go out but having dominated the game and failed to score makes it even worse "The stats show we dominated the match and we were so unlucky to go out but stats don't win tournaments"

View attachment 278718

No real shocks as Portugal usually do well against Spain and We usually do bad against England

View attachment 278719

World Cup Semi Final

View attachment 278728

Brazil and England the two favorites have reached the final

View attachment 278726

World Cup final

View attachment 278727

Brazil retain there crown of World Champions with a deserved win over the English. Question is who is going to stop them!

FA Assessment

The French FA declared they were unhappy we went out at the Quarter Finals but want to continue to work together going into the 2020 European Qualifiers. I Myself am not to gutted Out forwards were off form and i thought we would struggle as soon as a major team came up against us.