Evolution of the football manager

Pardon my ignorance and laziness but can you post a screenie of your top 3 regens and a pic of Sanogo. I had Sanogo but he got injured for 6 months and never developed

Yaya Sanogo
View attachment 262686

Playing him as much as i can while trying to get Bent back on top of his game. Should turn 3* Very soon. Yaya needs to play as much as possible to get a good as he can as Giddings may join the front line next year

Villa's stars of tomorrow - Today!

Jack Fricker
View attachment 262682

Came through in the first batch of regens as right back who could play as center back. Training him as left back so he can be cover for each position and play more games Jack is rated 4* This will be a key season for him with my two wing backs Kyle Walker and and Jose Angel locking out the first team its hard to give him a chance to prove himself.

Zack Browett
View attachment 262683

Browett also came through with Fricker in my first regen batch. Looks like he could turn out to be a decent center back for us and is also rated 4*. Has yet to really get a shot in the 1st team and will almost certainly be out on loan soon!

Andrew Giddings
View attachment 262684

Giddings came from Middlesbrough after my scout gave him a 4 1/2* rating i wasted no time in snapping him up. Just away to turn 18 he will be making at least 10 league appearances this season im itching to give him his chance up front but i know its still to early!

you wanted 3 but this is the 4th stand out youngster

Ricardo Oliveira
View attachment 262685

Ricardo came in when i gave up my search for top quality players and picked up a few youngsters on transfer deadline day. Oliveira will certainly get his chances to play and could force out a higher power out of the team to help push through his development. also a 4 1/2* rating​

Last edited:
Giddings is the only one I would be excited about although the other 3 are decent - Sanogo looks **** lol. I have never seen him do well.

Working on a transfer as we speak that would maybe see the end of Sanogo, He always scores in the big games as this season has shown.

Oliveira is only just 16 and he's my favorite of the lot. Looks at home in the 1st team worst game so far was a 6.7 when we lost to Southampton and has regularly got into the 7's when starting. The only bad thing about him is i keep spelling his name wrong

November

- Get our Christmas shopping done early as we agree deal to buy Tevez - £1.8m and Nani - £7.5m
- Starting to look like the defense is now sorted with a lot less goals conceded in the league
- A star is born as 17 Year old Andrew Giddings scores a hattrick in 15 minutes, However it was against West Brom
- Barcelona kick us off the park to steal a last minute draw to save there place at the top of the group
- West Ham Sack Billy Davies and hire Slavan Bilic
- QPR Sack Mark Hughes No replacement yet

Aston Villa Monthly Objective

"Right boys we've got to put those Southampton games behind us and get our season back on track with an undefeated month despite the tricky fixture list!"

Fixtures

Fulham V Aston Villa - Premiership
So we're going full force. Dropping N'Zogbia as he's had a awful season

Fulham 0-2 Aston Villa
Bertolacci
Agbonlahor​

Albrighton, who came in for N'Zogbia didn't have a great game but will continue to get chances through November

Benfica V Aston Villa - Champions League match 4
A similar performance in the 2nd leg would be very appreciated as a victory would almost guarantee qualification and leave everything to play for in the next game against Barcelona

Benfica 0-2 Aston Villa
Coutinho
O'G​

A similar performance was matched with an identical result! Were now amazingly through to the knock out stages so will go all out in our next game at the Nou Camp with nothing to loose!

View attachment 262733

Aston Villa V Man City - Premiership
Right 3 premiership matches coming up and they will be huge for our domestic season. Starting with the hardest Man City who we've had some of my classic matches being against City

Aston Villa 2-0 Man City
Bent 2​

What a great result. Starting to take a liking to these 2-0 results. We did to be fair have the better of the game but needed a penalty for the currently goal shy Darren Bent to get the opening goal before doubling the lead just before half time.

Liverpool V Aston Villa - Premiership
Both sides have always finished very close to each other in both the preceding seasons. Last 3 contests between these two have finished in a 1-1 draw

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa
Bent​

Aston Villa came close to getting another massive 3 points until! "Suarez struck a late and questionable equalizer was which hurt a lot to loose 2 points by a bad referring decision"

Aston Villa V West Brom - Premiership
Urgh Steve Clark is still at WBA and is still moaning. Surely this year they will go down!

Aston Villa 6-0 West Brom
Adebayor 2
Bolatti
Giddings 3​

This wasn't to much different to a lot of our games this season except from today we went wild on goals, Staring sub Andrew Giddings

Barcelona V Aston Villa - Champions League match 5
So here it is. Our form has been top notch going into this. Good results right through now for our biggest test. "A month ago I'd have said NO CHANCE! But now i believe"

Barcelona 1-1 Aston Villa
Agbonlahor​

Remember the 1st match and a certain ****** Argentine in stoppage time saving Barcelona from defeat? Well i need say no more. We were fantastic! Even more gutting that the scumbags filled my team with injury's! Betolacci 2 weeks, Gago 1 month and worst of all Coutinho for 2 months

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Premiership
After the highs and lows of Wednesday night in the Catalan capital we've got to get right back to the work in the league. Newcastle have not been having a great season again!

Newcastle 2-1 Aston Villa
Bent​

Injury's ruin our day again. Shawcross got put off by the ref after getting injured then Ba scored the winner. We didn't help ourselves when Bent who summed up his season so far by missing a penalty which would have put us 2-1 ahead

Champions League

View attachment 262730

Hard to be disappointed with where we ended up but we should have won the group. Barca were luck with goals, Lucky with us getting injury's. Still in the last 16 so anything else now is a bonus

A great month of results with only the Newcastle score being a let down! Were now 12 points off the top of the table so its looking like we will be focusing on just getting into the top 4 as expected really but the squad is starting to come together.

Player of the Month
Gabby Agbonlahor
View attachment 262731

After loosing his place in the team to Coutinho Gabby fought back and started getting games on the right wing and is putting in some great performances supplying and scoring goals

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Bertolacci is a beast at Real Madrid in my game

December

- 90th Minute goal for Benfica means justice is done and we win Group G
- Chris Hughton finally becomes QPR manager. Norwich appoint Billy Davies as replacement to compete the managerial circle of life
- For the second time in 3 years FA Cup 3rd round draw puts Birmingham with Aston Villa
- Champions League draw Aston Villa V Juventus. Juventus best season saw them reach the last 16 then lost to Barcelona

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Sparta Prague - Champions League match 6
A pointless game really so were laying as much back up players as i can today. Not helped with all the injury's

Aston Villa 3-0 Sparta Prague
Sanogo
Adebayor 2​

Forget this game. In Lisbon JaviGarcia scored a 90th minute winner

Arsenal V Aston Villa - Premiership
The London giants have not been having there best season and Moyes has repeatedly ben told its win or bust. Not today though

Arsenal 0-0 Aston Villa​

A very quick first half saw under pressure Moyes panic at half time and put on star striker Van Persie who was only at 66% fitness and that or nothing else either manager did changed the game which ran out a bearing 0-0 draw. "This wont help David Moyes and his future at Arsenal"

Aston Villa V Chelsea - Premiership
The league leaders await us next. Chelsea have been on fire his season and sent us a very strong warning last time out scoring 8 against Sunderland. eek

Aston Villa 3-3 Chelsea
Bent
Albrighton
Walker​

An explosive match! Our hopes were seemingly dashed after 10 minutes when Bolatti was sent off and seemed to be buried after Chelsea went 2-0 up. We dragged it back to 2-2 then Chelsea immediately took the lead into half time. The second half was eventless till the last kick of the ball from Kyle Walker got us a point. "WOW Kyle Walker goal lifted the roof today. I've never seen a stadium erupt like that"

Aston Villa V Norwich - Premiership
After having a week to calm down after than Chelsea game were back at Villa park to take on Norwich now managed by my mate Billy Davies "The man got sacked by West Ham as he dragged them towards relegation and that's all i can see him doing with Norwich"

Aston Villa 4-0 Norwich
Bent 3
Alderweireld​

Bent was the man today! I've spent all season saying how Bents been doing below standard this season but today saw the best of Bent

Huddersfield V Aston Villa - Premiership
Huddersfield would on the face of it be the easiest premiership game I've had. But with a reasonable start and sitting in 18th have had some good performances so this wont be a walkover.

Huddersfield 0-1 Aston Villa
Bent​

TOLD YOU! Huddersfield were so so difficult to break down, was hardly building attacks against them and there effort was worth a point!

Champions League

View attachment 262775

Qualifying was great but when i seen Javi Garcia's goal right at the end helped us to win the group which was a fare result after Barca hijacked us twice

December was our by a mile Villa's best month of the season so far. Up into 5th in our usual battle for 4th with half the league!

Player of the Month
Darren Bent
View attachment 262777

After a very patchy start to the season, plagued with injury's and knocks Bent had a better month to get back to normal with more goals than appearances in the league.

Im almost as fed up of playing Newcastle as i am Man Utd

My aliases

Five good reasons to hate Newcastle Utd | Duleep Allirajah | spiked

I could retort to that rubbish but I wont as it is 3 years old. I would post a video of us tanking you lot 3-1 last season but then you will have the upper hand on that score retaliation wise - my revenge? Next time we are in the pub watching a Man Utd game ha ha ha ha ha ha

(Should point out that when Darran and I watch Man Utd games together they have only ever won once - a 5-1 win over my beloved Newcastle admittedly - but hey ho lol)

I could retort to that rubbish but I wont as it is 3 years old. I would post a video of us tanking you lot 3-1 last season but then you will have the upper hand on that score retaliation wise - my revenge? Next time we are in the pub watching a Man Utd game ha ha ha ha ha ha

(Should point out that when Darran and I watch Man Utd games together they have only ever won once - a 5-1 win over my beloved Newcastle admittedly - but hey ho lol)

Next year is a new year. Scholes will start, Rooney will start and despite probably not having anyone in the middle of the park we shall become victorious!

Unlike Barcelona, Basel and most other defeats in the past 6 years!

Doing better than my uncle! Seen two Man Utd game with him Match 1, Man Utd 1-6 Man City Match 2 last day of last season. Needless to say neither of you are can be near me during fixtures next season!

My FM voodoo doll is my girlfriend. Whenever she appears my form goes down the toilet and we loose points to rubbish teams!

No wonder im a FM hermit lol!

Scholes?????? Tiote would make mincemeat out of him and Cabaye is 3 times the player (although obviously when Scholes was at his peak he was far better than what Cabaye is now).

As I have told you since the start of last season - if Man Utd had Cabaye and Tiote in cm they would win the league and maybe even the Champions League

The banter is great lads lol

Sanogo is a tricky one, I have never signed him always prefer Carlos Fierro to him and Niang.

Great stuff though stonecold good work in the transfer market too KIU

Scholes?????? As I have told you since the start of last season - if Man Utd had Cabaye and Tiote in cm they would win the league and maybe even the Champions League

Never denied that they would make the difference! Our midfields been awful since we won the CL. Our best potential Center midfield pairing is Scholes and Carrack. Scholes cant tackle and Carrack is too up and down. Brilliant one minute awful the next.

Cabaye will be off to better things soon! Tiote too i imagine. Surprised PSG with all there cash havent been sniffing

The banter is great lads lol

Sanogo is a tricky one, I have never signed him always prefer Carlos Fierro to him and Niang.

The banter worrys me. I imagine if i got a better laptop and we began doing our network games as a story the poor site would crash with all the back and forth bickering! "I did better with Man Utd, Oh but you got Sacked at Real Madrid, But i broke the top two in spain and won the league with Valencia, Oh but i did better in Europe with Athletico.

Oh the memorys lol

I've never signed Fierro. didnt have the patients to wait for him to turn 18. Signed club mate Torres a few times and hes done reasonably well

Good memories all - from stupendous Danish regens to embarrasing Champions League final defeats to Bordeaux. We should try and get one going for fm13

My internet connection should be much better. Just need a laptop that will do the trick!

January

- Destroyed our biggest rivals Birmingham 7-1
- Finally hit a good run of form and move into the top 4
- Mr. Attitude Carlos Tevez falls out with me after 8 days at the club in which he scored a 90th minute winner on his debut
- Continue to make big changes in the transfer market

Fixtures

Wolves V Aston Villa - Premiership
After there stunning first few months of the season Wolves have quickly fallen away and are down in 9th place without a win in there last 5 games "After 4 draws in a row its obvious which result we will fearing in tonight's game"

Wolves 0-1 Aston Villa
Tevez​

Wolves put up a fight as we expected from a team which had been solid enough so far this season. Tevez doing everything he can to become a hero by scoring a 90th minute winner on his debut on the day he signed!

Birmingham V Aston Villa - FA Cup 3rd round
A now familiar 3rd round tie in the FA Cup. "Like in 2012 were going to be huge favorites and i expect us to send our fans home happy!"

Birmingham 1-7 Aston Villa
Giddings 4
Kovacic
Clark
Tom Brown​

When Birmingham took a early lead i thought my choice to play youth and back up's i thought I'd really screwed up! Step forward Andrew Giddings

View attachment 262957

Aston Villa V Swansea - Premiership
After challenging for a European spot last season the Welsh team are again well placed in 10th only 6 points off a Europa League spot

Aston Villa 0-0 Swansea​

Well its taken 8 days but me and Tevez have fallen out! Wasn't happy with being subbed so no more starts for him for a while. Weren't great in front of goal but "3 new attacking players all starting maybe was a bit much"

Aston Villa V Man Utd - Premiership
This is the 6th time we'll play Man Utd and were very over due a win. Man Utd's new record signing Marek Hamsik starts his 1st game while Ex Man UTd star Nani starts for Villa

Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd​

The better team won again and were still 6 defeats out of 6 against the red devils

Everton V Aston Villa - Premiership
A tricky trip to Goodison park. Now under the helm of Marcelo Bielsa. "What did he do wrong?"

Everton 0-1 Aston Villa
Turrini​

Shocked not to see a few goals from a typically attacking Bielsa team "We had to rely on our inner strength and the quality of the defending to hold onto the win"

Aston Villa V West Ham - Premiership
West Ham have been awful this season. Only 10 points and left at the bottom of the table. This should be a easy 3 pointer

Aston Villa 4-0 West Ham
Walker
Bent
Albrighton
Alderweireld​

A Very comfortable win which leaves us in the top 4 for the 1st time this season. "West ham are going down unless they make some changes from the top down. Slavan Billic just isn't made for this level"

Aston Villa V QPR - Premiership
Like Swansea QPR were challenging in the top 10 for European football last season. This season they have flopped. Mark Hughes has been sacked and things have not improved since "Sacking the experience and wisdom of Hughes was a mistake and reeks of panic by the QPR Board"

Aston Villa 1-2 QPR
Albrighton
O'G​

It wasn't easy but we've took the 3 points. Jose Angel was having a stinker with a 5.1 then to top off a horrible half he got sent off

A Very good month for our league challenge. For the first time this season we got into the top 4 and after a very good month i can only hope this is how we'll be for the rest of the season. Man Utd looking good with a 9 point lead at the top and some huge signing during the month

Player of the Month
Marc Albrighton
View attachment 262958

After a few new wingers arriving it was the comeback kid Marc Albrighton who shone brightest this month and so far this season. Adding goals and a massive amount of assists it will be hard to drop him again! Even with 2 quality youngsters needing football and new signing Nani

January Transfer Window

Villa Transfers

IN

Carlos Tevez - Man City - £1.8m
Nani - Man Utd - £7.5m
Denis Turrini - Lyon - £15m
Frank Fielding - Bolton - £550k
Guido Mas - Boca - £2m​

Carlos Tevez was the first big signing we made a few months earlier. His asking price was down to £1.7m leaving me a lot of room to give him a big contract to get him! "If he can wipe the slate clean we have a great chance for him to make the biggest difference in the league"

Nani also arrived but right at the wrong time. Albrighton has hit the ground running, youngster Ricardo Oliveira setting the u18 league alight and needing 1st team games and i added another winger in Daniel Turrini. Turrini looked amazing when i seen him and put him on the shortlist. "despite overfilling the position i couldn't resist adding him to my squad now"

Sold both my back up keepers at the beginning of the month and picked up English back up in Frank Fielding
Made 1 deal that i decided to leave till next season. "Young Argentinean Guido Mas may go right into the starting 11 next season"

View attachment 262962View attachment 262963View attachment 262964
View attachment 262960View attachment 262961

Out

Charles N'Zogbia - Everton - £9.5m
Craig Gordon - Tottenham - £5.25m
Brad Guzan - Reading - £250k

Leaving on loan
Daniele Rugani - Middlesbrough, Matty Fletcher - Coventry, Yaya Sanogo - Stoke​

I Sold N'Zogbia after a poor season so far and he was falling down the order quickly with our unnecessary influx of wingers he had to go.
Guzans contract was up in the summer so sold him while i could while £5m for a back up keeper was too good to turn down.

Man Utd kept bidding for Ricardo Oliveira strengthening my confidence that he's a future superstar

Other Transfers
They didn't get Oliveira but Man Utd dominated the January window

Marek Hamsik - Man Utd - £32.5m
Seydou Doumbia - Man Utd - £23m
Yann M'Villa - Malaga - £15m
Rodrigo - Real Madrid - £14.75m
Alvaro Pereira - B Munich - £14m
Vedran Corluka - Paris SG - £11m
Bacary Sagna - Valencia - £10.5m
Tim Krul - Dortmund £10.5m
Moussa Sow - Wolves - £9.75m
Charles N'Zogbia - Everton £9.5m​

February

- See off MK Dons in the FA Cup and the draw was again kind to us for the 5th round as we get Millwall
- Tottenham Sack Pardew and replace him with Stale Solbakken after he did a great job with Wolves and Alan Pardew heads the other way
- Throw away a 2-0 lead against Juventus to loose 1st leg
- Embarrassing cup defeat to Millwall with a strong team.

Fixtures

MK Dons V Aston Villa - FA Cup 4th round
A great and unexpected chance to give the back up players another chance to play. The only other Premiership team they've played in the FA Cup is Wolves where they lost 3-1

MK Dons 0-1 Aston Villa
Agbonlahor​

That was Uncomfortable! But at least we are through to the next round with our better players getting a bit of a rest. "Well done to MK Dons we had a much better team but the dons played there hearts out"

Aston Villa V Sunderland - Premiership
Following a second rate performance in the FA Cup were back to full strength against Sunderland

Aston Villa 3-0 Sunderland
Bent 3​

Darren Bent kept up his great record of scoring against Sunderland, Not that many teams can avoid that distinction. Sunderlands manager Mauricio Pochettino was very gracious in defeat!

Aston Villa V Tottenham - Premiership
Two days after sacking there manager Alan Pardew Spurs make the trip up to Birmingham with Erik Larsen stepping in as caretaker manager desperate to prove himself against the resurgent Villa

Aston Villa 4-0 Tottenham
Bent 2
Bertolacci
Giddings​

Tottenham are clearly a team in crisis and putting that plus Darren Bent vs a former side and we had a easy victory after getting a 3-0 lead before half time

Swansea V Aston Villa - Premiership
"Glad to see Michael Laudrup is still at the club working wonders although i reckon he could and should move onto better things"

Swansea 0-1 Aston Villa
O'G​

Not Every day we win without a shot on target. Certainly wasn't a vintage performance but Swansea were brilliant and very unlucky today

Aston Villa V Southampton - Premiership
Two defeats from our two matches with Southampton this season. With Juventus up next a lot of players will be rested risking a 3rd defeat in a row to Soton

Aston Villa 3-3 Southampton
Tevez 3​

Well I'll take the point. Went from 3-2 down at the 56th minute to leading 3-2 in the 82nd. Shame we lost a 3rd goal to end our winning run but still had to rest player for Juventus.

Juventus V Aston Villa - Champions League Knock Out Phase
A Trip to Turin awaits the boys as business steps up another level. Chances? I'd say 50/50 want to come out of this game with at least 1 goal "If we can stay within a goal we have a great chance for the home leg"

Juventus 3-2 Aston Villa
Bent
Agbonlahor​

Just about took the advantage into half Time but Darren Bents goal was dissaloud. We took a 2 goal lead after the break but unbelievable we collapsed and slipped to a 3-2 defeat mainly caused by a Vucinic hatrick "We totally let all the traveling fans down with that embarrassing second half collapse. At least we have a chance in the second leg"

Millwall V Aston Villa - FA Cup 5th round
After two shocking defensive displays they get a easier test against Millwall where "A win in expected"

Millwall 1-0 Aston Villa​

A Full strength first team let me down big time today against Millwall. "This was by a mile the most disappointing result in my time at Villa"

Team Meeting called

4 questionable performances and especially loosing in the cup has lead to me calling a team meeting to try and get back on track

"Its Vital we don't let our heads drop! Things have not been going our way but you have the ability to turn our fortunes around and save our season"

We made big strides into the top 4 in February before our form started to slide at thee nd of the month. If our form picks up we can maybe challenge 2nd and 3rd but just happy to have a small cushion over 5th. Man Utd have all but won the league already while West ham are at the other end and all but gone with Sunderland looking edgy themselves.

Player of the Month
Kyle Walker
View attachment 263187

The English right back was a star this month and has been a terrific signing since he arrived getting better and better each season.

March

- Man Utd Win the league and West Ham are relegated already
- Juventus prove to be to strong and knock us out of the Champions League
- Ciaran Clark decides he wants to leave for a bigger challenge and im not wanting to loose a player that came through the youth system so will try and get him to stay
- Arsenal take my youth coach Stewart Houston. Didn't fight it as his wages were huge, he's 64 and i got £1.8m compensation for him
- Darryl Flahavan, Local business man not the lower league goalkeeper takes over Everton from Bill Kenwright, Newcastle also taken over later in the month by a businessman from................ Barnsley. Shearer's job under even more pressure!

- Poor youth intake this is the best of them!
View attachment 263310

Fixtures

Stoke V Aston Villa - Premiership
Today's opponents Stoke currently sitting 17th right in the depth of a relegation scrap "This will present a great chance to get a win and get back on form"

Stoke 0-1 Aston Villa
O'G​

Far from our best performance, would go as far asaying Stoke deserved something from the game! But in the last 20 minutes we came alive and could have scored a few goals but Upson O'G was enough to get us back to winning ways "Its all about getting the confidence back and feel that winning feeling will do the trick"

Aston Villa V Fulham - Premiership
Again we face a team having a below par season. We must win this match and hope we can get a few goal to give the boys a lift. I give current Fulham boss Paul Lambert some words of support in the build up to the game

Aston Villa 1-0 Fulham
Kovacic​

A match very similar to the Stoke game where we got the 3 point but only just! "Confidence is still very low which may prove disastrous for our next game!"

Aston Villa V Juventus - Champions League Knockout 2nd leg
Well if ever there was a time for this bunch of player to rise to the occasion its today. We need to keep tight at the back and get a few goals. Not much to ask! "The Squad is a bit deflated today. Nani, Turrini and Tevez unavailable for Europe while Alderweield and Agbonlahor are suspended"

Aston Villa 1-1 Juventus
Bent​

After half a hour of stalemate Darren Bet got his first goal in a few games to give us the advantage at half time But Juventus came back with a Equalizer which we had no answer to and the match ended in a draw which put us out!

Man City V Aston Villa - Premiership
No let up here is there! Right into a battle for 2nd as we play 2nd place Man City at the Etihad "We have a good record against money ritch City and today would be a great day to extend that"

Man City 2-1 Aston Villa
Bent​

For the second game in a row Darren Bent gave us a 1-0 lead into half time. Man City's half time team talk didn't agree with Maro Fellaini who was sent off 1 minute after the break but still Mario Balotelli brought City level with 20 minutes to go and just to push my disappointment through the roof as we pushed for the winner Alex Kolarov scored a 91st minute winner for City "Much swearing followed"

Aston Villa V Liverpool - Premiership
There's just no let up in the tricky games at the moment. Huge match for Liverpool today Currently 10 points off 4th place but have 2 games in handso this has to go down as a must win for them! "No getting away from it its a huge game for Villa too. We need to keep the pressure on Man City and Chelsea and secure a place in the Champions League again"

Aston Villa 3-0 Liverpool
Bent
Albrighton
Bolatti​

For the first time in over a month we played very well and outclassed our opposition. "Our confidence and form has come flooding back in one night. For the first time im looking forward to our next game"

Aston Villa V Newcastle - Premiership
Newcastle have slipped further and further away from the top 4 and now under Shearer they have slipped out of the top 10. May this continue today

Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle
O'G
Bent
Alderweireld​

Newcastle supplied some of our easiest 3 points of the season. "We played them off the park"

Have to be disappointed to have failed out of the competition after having a 2-0 lead in the first leg away from home was a dreadful second half performance cost us in the end. Good experience for next season though

League
As said before Man Utd have ran away with the league this season. Well on the way to hitting 100 points and are on a run of 25 games undefeated and had a 18 game winning run during the season. At the other end West ham were goners a long time ago and Sunderland look like they will follow.
It was a very good month for Villa in the league at least top 4 is all but secure and were in with a great shot of finishing 2nd with 5 games left.

Player of the Month
Toby Alderweireld
View attachment 263309

With an amazing young Argentinean arriving next summer Toby is fighting for his place next season and he's just had his best month of the season

A very uplifting month is topped off with a rare manager of the month award!

View attachment 263308

April

- Sunderland beat Chelsea 3-1 but still get relegated
- Van Basten leaves stoke 1 point above the drop zone to manage Betis
- Chelsea V Aston Villa was the most boring game in history

Fixtures

West Brom V Aston Villa - Premiership - Premiership
West Brom are having there best run since i became a manager and are in 11th "He might not be my biggest fan but Clarke struggles to have any fans. He's not done very well managing that team"

West Brom 1-1 Aston Villa
Bent​

Disappointing to throw away 2 points like that. Blaming it on the curse of being manager of the month!

Chelsea V Aston Villa - Premiership
Our first of two back to back huge matches against Londons top teams. First a chance to end Chelsea' shope of finishing 2nd while a result the other way could end our challenge

Chelsea 0-0 Aston Villa​

A boring boring game where it seemed both teams were to scared to go out for the 3 points so were still both on 69 points but Chelsea have a much better goal difference

Aston Villa V Arsenal - Premiership
Our last top quality opposition of the season and with only 2 games following this me have to get a win to have a shot at 4th place.

Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal
Albrighton​

65% possession against Arsenal shows just how far we've come. Should have won by a few more and helped my nerves but the 3 points were huge. Especially after Chelsea lost 3-1 to Sunderland which was not enough to avoid relegation

Norwich V Aston Villa - Premiership
Two games against much lower opposition. THis has got to be 2 victory's with no slip ups "This is your chance to progress on, prove your worth to me now"

Norwich 0-2 Aston Villa
Albrighton
Tevez​

Two goals deep into the second half after a very worrying start to the game where we couldnt score i brought on Tevez for Bent and the game flipped on its head.

Aston Villa V Huddersfield - Premiership
Huddersfield were unfortunately relegated after the 37th match of the season so have nothing but pride and the chance to take us down to 4th in the table

Aston Villa 2-0 Huddersfield
Tevez 2

Season review up next

Good stuff as always mate

Really turned Villa into a pretty decent side lol!