i brought Tobias Mikaelsson on Fm09 for 780k with Leicester, and he scored 4 goals in 1 season

well i am having modric join my team on jan spent alot of money on him to join liverpool...ribery didnt wanna join .. if modric bcomes a flop i wud be soo disappointed..

well i am having modric join my team on jan spent alot of money on him to join liverpool...ribery didnt wanna join .. if modric bcomes a flop i wud be soo disappointed..

he wont, he understands the english game as he has been with Tottenham for 2 seasons and can speak english, you jsut have to fine tune his individual instructions to get the best out of him!
hope he kicks ***! good luck!

yeah i am expecting my team to be deadly with torres having behind him gerrard, di maria, modric with moutinho and mascherano behind them:D

mate I am absolutely baffled as to why you would ever spend 62M, and why you would ever spend 62M on a fairly decent player! He's not even that good mate!

who exactly you talking to? sorry mate who said anything about buying a player for 62 million?

You can't really judge a foreign player for a year as they need time to get used to the team, the location, the language..

You can't really judge a foreign player for a year as they need time to get used to the team, the location, the language..

Some cases this is true, others not.

I signed Edin Dzeko for Man U, and it warned me in the press conference about time to settle, however, it took no time at all for him to settle and he ended up scoring 42 times in all competitions as well as a hatful of assists playing up alongside Rooney.

I also signed Marek Hamsik who, by comparison took ages to settle in and didnt start consistently performing until my second season.

Theres obviously a few factors like player adaptability, ability to perform in the big matches, ambition to better himself as a footballer as well as how you fit him into your tactical system. A bit of time, effort and patience and your players will come good.

who exactly you talking to? sorry mate who said anything about buying a player for 62 million?

Nah mate the clean up kid (the thread starter) the third player he's posted a screenie up of, it says he paid 62M for him.

pay a 62 million for a player is ridiclous specially when you are with a team like everton i mean i would understand if you are man city and dunno where to waste ur money:D

yeah i am expecting my team to be deadly with torres having behind him gerrard, di maria, modric with moutinho and mascherano behind them:D
that sounds like quite a formiddable midfield you got there! good luck mate, how much did you end up paying for Modric? im sure Tottenham would not have let him go for cheap!

32 million?? <)

around 35 million over 48 months non upfront but i am selling players so i have enough funds i already delayed it once so hopefully riera and babel will go before i have to redelay it:D
and yeah big hopes for my midfield i mean i got technique, power, long shots and great through passes for the king torres.

Only a suggestion, but I haven't had a flop and I've spent a fair bit on certain players, I always make sure I have very good scouts and then check that the personality of the player fits in with the team. It seems to work for me.

well sometimes the player is excellent and everything is great but things are just weird like gerrard in a game being really sucky ...getting rating of 5.6 its unpredictable...

**** i could only imagine what i could use that 62mil on with West Brom LOL i wouldnt waste it on one player let me tell ya

yeah true about the unpredictable ratings! its one of my worst things about Fm, on Fm09 i played a save with Werder Bremen and had Cardozo and Gignac upfront (brilliant partnership by the way) and some games, same tactic Cardozo will get a 5.3 etc and his average is over 8! i still feel that there should be a confidence type meter that will allow players to start the game at a rating of 7.2 or whatever as they may have been on fire in the previous game scoring a hattrick! not jsut start teh game the same way as normal!

that would be a really good idea that the better players play the better they will continue playing etc ect!

yeah i was playing tottenham away wone 5-3 torres scored 4 goals got rating like 9.6 and then next game against zenit in cl he missed like 8 chances or something got one goal had rating less than 6:S how weird is that?

61m for de rossi in liverpool. ****. 13 yellow cards and 3 red cards now and the season is only in april. avg rating around 6.9 - 7.05. looking to sell him and get another mcd.

if you are playing outside of italy then he needs time to adapt i played as roma and de rossi was class held the midfield very well..