Another great update.

The best story on the site.

After mine :p
Jokes XD

London to Lisbon to Wiltshire to South Wales!
Don't stop till' you get a job!

November 6th, 2009

I crossed the bridge and breathed a sigh of relief. England was finally behind me. Paying at the toll, I saw the sign for Wales quickly approaching. I smiled and sat deeper in my seat, and turned the CD player up. It was only then my phone started ringing. Obviously unable to answer due to the law, I looked out for the nearest services.

Could do with a slash, too.

About 5 miles later I was coming up to a slip road that led to the services. Around the roundabout and down the hill, there stood the great building with a huge Burger King logo. I suddenly felt hungry.

I found a free space in the parking lot and went straight for it. I was parked between a brand new Ford Focus and an even smarter BMW, black, looking as if it had been polished continually for the past few weeks. As I walked past, someone opened the driver’s door of the car. I didn’t look back, until the person asked, ‘You’re Michael Dale, right?’

I swung around as if a bomb had exploded behind me, and found a tall, bald, bold bloke. I found a name to the face:

John Hartson!?

Hartson? HARTSON! I ******* love this story even more now :D

November 6th, 2009 (cont.)

John Hartson patted me on the back and with a warm smile, he said hello. I shook his hand and grinned literally from ear to ear.

John ******* Hartson. Certainly didn’t see that coming!

He said he’d been following me and my ‘mishaps’ up and down the place. Embarrassingly, he told me that I’m certainly a prospect for the future – being 31 is young for a change!

Without saying anything else, he swiftly re-entered his posh vehicle and drove off. He left me there, staring down the ‘exit’ lane. I glanced my eyes to the left, wondering if that really happened. After squinting and shaking my head, I casually strode off towards the service station.

A car horn, then a ‘See you around, son...’ came from behind me. Without looking back, I raised an arm, and smiled.

You'll have to wait and see won't you Wetherall ;)

# # # # #

November 6th, 2009 (cont.)

572950_85cee751.jpg

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. The display told me that I had a missed call, and it was from Mr Rhodes, chairman of Amesbury Town. I ignored it, and grabbed a coffee, sat down and flicked through today’s Sun that had been left folded on a different table. Skimming through the daily news, I sipped my beverage. Moments later I’d spat it out again.

Oh yeah, heh, I don’t like coffee.

I set it down to my side and walked to the nearest toilet. Inside was no one – it was empty. Strange, I thought, as services toilets were normally cramped. I looked around, and it was deserted. After the relieving slash, I exited the toilets into the main hall. Nobody.

Oh no, not Portugal again!

I feared the worst. The last time nobody was around I was told to leave the country. I can’t leave this country – it’s my home!

Sneaking out quietly to the car park, I fondled for my keys. Found them. I ran out of the doors and didn’t turn back. Car keys in, turn, door open, get in, close door... and get the **** outta there!

Won't be updating until Saturday night now, away for a couple of days. Got the whole of Sunday though :D

wow this is brilliant! im eagerly anticipating the next update :D

Keep going Mike, looking forward to the next update, although I would like to see a little more from the football side of things, as it is, after all, an FM story.

Without trying to sound... smitten:

If any followers would like to subscribe to this thread, please do so as new posts in the stories section have been removed from the Recent Threads list. I don't want anybody to miss an update :$ Cheers.

Without trying to sound... smitten:

If any followers would like to subscribe to this thread, please do so as new posts in the stories section have been removed from the Recent Threads list. I don't want anybody to miss an update :$ Cheers.
Yeh, I just subscribed to it a few days ago :)

November 10th, 2009

It’s been a few days since my arrival back in my hometown, and I went to watch the local team’s football match. It was a Tuesday night and they were playing at a floodlit pitch. It’s made me realise how much I miss playing football, but I’m determined not to give it up completely and hope to play very soon.

The game finished 2-2 – a boring game with four excellent goals. No bookings, few fouls but a couple of arguments.

My phone rang. It was Estela. Despite what had happened previously, I picked up.

. . . . .​

We had a lengthy chat – she apologised, I apologised. She told me she’d got the vacant physio job at MK Dons.

Physio? You learn something, eh...

I had no idea she had knowledge of physiotherapy. What she doesn’t tell me that I find out later on bemuses me. Next she’ll be telling me she’s bisexual!

Wait... that’s a good thing.