Cheers all, I'll try my best to keep you all interested!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # #​

July 17th, 2009 (cont.).

I lay in bed, wondering what I’ve gotten myself into.

£495!? That’s steep..

It may be well worth the trip as they’re looking to hire some coaches for youth and adult players. Let’s just hope I’m good enough.

Ha!

July 20th, 2009.

local_football_1_420x315.jpg

Little has happened over the past few days – we won on Saturday: a nice 3-1 win over the local rivals. A nice way to brush up on my footy skills before this course. I helped make a goal, too. Not a bad through ball if I say so myself!

Anyway, I’ve just come off the phone to Frank Hardy, a representative of TheFA.com; seems a nice person. He said that I have been confirmed and I’m due to be picked up (look at that, I even have transport to Wembley!) on the 23rd to join up with the rest of the ‘team’.

I must admit, I’m starting to get nervy, which is unlike me – a confident, out-going lad from Wales. Hmm.. not much ring to that.

July 22nd, 2009.

I’m off tomorrow – can’t wait (yes, really!), but boy am I nervous. What if I’m the worst there? How embarrassing will that be?! Anyway, bad thoughts aside, I’ve paid my way into this course so I must show what I’m made of. In a footballing way, that is..

Sports clothes at the ready – Wembley, here I come!

Good luck at Wembley Michael ^^)

(Still no sheep :'()

Booyeah!

Still no Musgraving? :'(

Didn't think about that did you Mike? :(

NO!

Great read so far mate, will keep track of this one :)

Nice read Mike.

These stories have always interested me.

Best of luck. :)

Nice story so far, I am enjoying the writing. Will follow with interest.

Thanks for the messages all, on holiday at the moment, but back home tomorrow so you may see an update in 24 hours!

good luck with this Mike. A bit similar to my story, but then again, we see a lot of them now

Go out there and get that job (H)

July 23rd, 2009

wembleya.jpg

Breakfast.. wash.. final packing.. every task difficult to complete. Time dragging. It was at this moment when I realised I was nervous and not looking forward to the taxi horn. I was trying everything to settle the nerves down, but all I seemed to do was build up the ‘tension’.

Do I even have the guts to do this?

I eventually sat down in the brightly lit room in utter silence, staring at the clock, twiddling my thumbs. ‘I hope the men there are nice’. ‘I better not be the only man there'. I didn’t really want to turn up knowing that I’m the eldest there with nothing to look forward to in my life. After all, it is a coaching course – people in colleges do courses!

A moment later, the doorbell sounded. Well, it was more like the sound of a distressed giraffe than a ‘ding-dong’. It was the cab driver, waiting to whisk me off to Wembley, free of charge. He was the typical London taxi driver, but to avoid awkward circumstances, I won’t go further into that.

Coming up to the Severn Bridge, I started to get annoyed by the ringing of his voice in my ears – ‘shut the **** up!’ I thought to myself as I began to get those nerves again about joining up with the others.

Ahh ****** it, I didn’t spend £495 to be ******** myself in a taxi (not literally!). Bring it on!

July 23rd, 2009 (cont.)

Well, I arrived after a four hour journey in a big black taxi in the searing hot weather. I thanked the driver, as you do, and walked towards the entrance of Wembley Stadium. There were several people waiting outside the doors, all of them looking like wannabe football coaches.

I blended in with the rest, shyly introducing myself. Thankfully, many of them were my age, some older. They even managed to get a few digs in towards my nationality, bringing up sheep ******** and the like.

Bastards!

Anyway, we continued a little later on into the lobby where Sir Trevor Brooking stood waiting for us. I already knew this as the letter I received told me so. He introduced himself (not that he needed to!), told us a little about his life and footballing career, then took us on a mini tour of Wembley. The mini tour was taking us out onto the pitch, into the changing rooms and into the conference room.

I thank you all for applying – and don’t worry, your money won’t go to waste. By the end of the course, we promise that each and every one of you will be assigned to a club. Most importantly, enjoy your time!

Yes, Trevor Brooking said that. Can I believe that? I ****** hope so!

July 24th, 2009

wembley.jpg

During our time here, we will be sleeping and eating in the Wembley Plaza Hotel – a five-star hotel 100 yards from the ground. I must say, it really is posh. We also get the swimming pool for free if we want to exercise or just to mess around in in our free time.

We all met at 10:00 sharp today for our first day of footballing on Wembley’s own pitch. It’s a ****** nice pitch, but it does cut up easily, as you may well know. We first had a 30-minute five-a-side match. Yep, that tired me properly, and many of the other ‘coaches’ too. We moved on to improving running, change of direction and pace skills, and looking for the pass. We did have a lunch in between. But anyway, that concluded the day’s work so we all headed back to the hotel where we were given a short presentation and a lovely fish and pasta bake meal. A delightful way to end the day.

Needless to say, I was aching and knackered – but tomorrow couldn’t come quickly enough!

Nice hotel Dale (H)

One thing, where are the bleedin' sheep? :mad: :D

July 23rd, 2009 (cont.)

Well, I arrived after a four hour journey in a big black taxi in the searing hot weather. I thanked the driver, as you do, and walked towards the entrance of Wembley Stadium. There were several people waiting outside the doors, all of them looking like wannabe football coaches.

I blended in with the rest, shyly introducing myself. Thankfully, many of them were my age, some older. They even managed to get a few digs in towards my nationality, bringing up sheep ******** and the like.

Bastards!

Nice hotel Dale (H)

One thing, where are the bleedin' sheep? :mad: :D

There, you can't miss it! XD