Extracts from a Thought

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 355
  • Views Views 42K
September 2nd, 2009

I left the deserted place and took a good look around.

Nothing.

As if someone was watching my every move, I got a phone call. It was a hidden number. Somebody was trying to get hold of me but wouldn’t let me acknowledge his or her number and name.

. . . . .​

I cringed. Looking out into the open view in front, my heart raced. Somebody was watching me.

You’ve come to the right place. Now leave – before you feel pain.

I did as instructed. And I did it ****** fast.

. . . . .​

This is a joke, I just know it. But why would someone hoax me out of £495? It does seem ‘too good to be true’, but surely nobody’s this cruel?

At the lodge in which I was staying, there was a note on my bed. It read:

Michael.

Você vai descobrir que a sua carteira e as roupas foram roubadas.

Tenha um bom dia.

I don’t have even a basic understanding of Portuguese, but of what I can make out, it says my name, and three kisses. The rest is horse **** to me.

Last edited:
Well, what are you going to do without your wallet and clothes Mike? ;)

Quality update as usual. (K)

Just read the whole story, love it...will definately be following

Setpember 3rd, 2009

Something felt wrong today. I was worried when I woke – I didn’t know what to expect throughout the day, who I was going to meet, who I was going to communicate with. I fell asleep pretty sharpish last night so I’m fresh today, ready for what I need to do.

I rung Luis Figo’s number and he answered this time. We spoke about yesterday, and what happened, why nobody was at the camp.

“Get yourself back home,” he told me. “It seems you’re not welcome here. Go home and forget all about it.”

What?! I paid £495 to come here for a year, to teach kids how to play football, not to get scared after a single day and head on back home.

But it’s right – I am scared. I didn’t have a clue what was going on, but there was no way I was going home so suddenly after arriving. I needed to find out what was going on!

. . . . .​

I kept clear of the outside for the best part of the day. It was around 5 o’ clock when I decided to go out and grab something to eat.

I put on a clean pair of boxers and walked over to the wardrobe.

Where are my clothes? I did hang them up, right? For that matter, where’s my ****** suitcase?!

I phoned the reception from the room’s phone. Annoyingly, she only spoke Portuguese. I went to fetch my Portuguese phrase book but that was in my suitcase, which has gone. I’d asked to put someone on that can speak English. Within moments, a beautiful voice spoke to me.

“We’ll see what we can do. There’s never been any circumstance where a crime has been noted here, so this is very strange to us.”

She sounded very calm, and ultimately made me feel calm, too. She entered the room less than a minute later, and greeted me with a smile. She went on to introduce herself, then looked me up and down as I stood there more than half naked.

Estela Cruz, what a lovely name!

I apologised for being stood only in my sheep-clad boxers, but we spoke about the incident. When she left, I was still stood in my boxers.

She is stunning!

Is that some sheep I see? :D

You know what I'm going to say Mike. Quality. ;)

please update instantly I cannot wait, hands off Estela, you have birds at home. sheep-clad boxers are epic, make them your lucky pair!

Last edited:
Is that some sheep I see? :D

You know what I'm going to say Mike. Quality. ;)

The sheep are coming.. again! :O Cheers mate.

please update instantly I cannot wait, hands off Estela, you have birds at home

I'm writing now, might fit in another update tonight (H)

# # #​

Setpember 6th, 2009

It’s been three days since my things were stolen. It turns out that’s what the note said, after all. I was told that there was ‘no hope’ in me getting my stuff back, so, naturally, I cancelled my credit cards and reported the stolen goods. At least I still had my phone.

My phone!

I hadn’t looked at my phone for the past few days. I checked it and, surprisingly, had a text message. It was from my ex-girlfriend back at home. She asked how I was doing and hoping I was having a great time.

Haaa!

. . . . .​

I headed down to the reception after receiving a phone call on the hotel phone. It was from the lovely Estela who I’d met on the day my things went missing. I’d been sent a parcel from the camp I was supposedly teaching at. I looked inside after opening the little box and there was a pair of football boots there, and a note. It blabbed on in Portuguese, but was roughly translated to ‘Try on the boots – you might like them!

I didn’t – I have my own pair!

In my suitcase...

Another great update! ;)
Im not sure if I have commented yet, I think I've just been reading and not commenting.

This story, is very well written and is a great storyline.

Cheers all, writing some more now.

Doubt there will be an update tonight unless I can conjure up something before 7. Darts league starts again tonight :D and I'm working early tomorrow morning :( so chances are I won't be online after that.

Back