Setpember 6th, 2009 (cont.)

I headed on upstairs alone to look at the boots.

I sat down on the edge of my bed, and stared at the boots. They were mainly black, with a white stripe hugging the beginning of the sole. It wasn’t a flashy Nike or Adidas boot – just what looked like a few pieces of plastic stuck together with glue.

Not to mention it was two right shoes!

I set them down on the bed and swivelled around to the TV. I switched it on and up popped the news. Nothing spectacular. I flicked through the paper. Again, nothing stands out.

Hmm.. Estela..

She really was striking – average height, slim, long, shiny, curling brown hair, sparkling brown eyes and pouting lips Vicky Beckham would be proud of. Oh, and she has a sexy voice!

. . . . .​

I couldn’t stop thinking about those boots. They were ugly, they really were. But why were they sent to me personally?

I tried one on. Nice, comfortable fit, but looked as if they would fall to pieces within 10 minutes of intense football kicking.

I tried the other, but didn’t quite fit. Something was pushing back against my middle toes and was rather uncomfortable. I removed the boot and glanced inside. I couldn’t see anything, so I stuck my hand inside and felt around. I felt a quite hard and wrinkling texture. I rubbed it, and squeezed it, but its identity baffled me. So I pulled it out.

And immediately regretted that decision.

Setpember 6th, 2009 (cont.)

I shook as I dropped the finger. There was small writing on it, but I ignored it. A finger? In a football boot?

This has to be a prank!

I ran downstairs to report it instantly. The only receptionist there was the Portuguese speaking lady, so I asked for Estela. ‘Not here’ she managed to blurt out. I slammed the counter with my fist.

“You listen to me now, love,” I started, “you get Estela here right now. I have a very serious issue I would like to discuss and need to do it immediately. Get her.”

She looked at me with a blank expression, then continued to dial Estela’s number. She walked through the door at the same time, and with a huge sigh of relief, I repeated my previous quote.

“Come, there has been a major problem.”

I followed her into one of the back rooms of the hotel and sat down in front of some 30 TVs, all with separate pieces of news. It felt like a secret police hiding.

She switched every one off except one to drag my attention towards that specific piece of news. It was headlined (roughly translated) ‘Terror at football camp’. She explained what had happened thoroughly but very, very quickly. She had already spoken to the police and they were on their way to investigate immediately. I had been advised by Estela to go home, as well as Luis Figo’s suggestion.

Thanks all. More updates later or tomorrow.

NO! UPDATE NOW! I'm joking it's great, the tension, the writing, the story, you should be an author mate!

Setpember 8th, 2009

I was sat in the police station waiting to be interviewed about the incidents that took place this week. Sat on the table in front of me was a sheet of paper noting the goings on.

. . . . .​

Four-and-a-bit hours later, I was released from the small dark room. I headed on back to the hotel and up to my room.

As I opened the door, I felt a strange feeling crawl through my body, and I shivered. The football boots and finger had been retrieved by the police for evidence, but something still felt eerie in the room.

I sat on the bed and looked around. I hadn’t noticed a little square piece of paper on the floor beside my door; I must’ve walked on it without realising. I really didn’t want to read it, but it was obviously for me, so I needed to read it.

For every next day you spend in Portugal, you will continue to receive body parts in a football boot.

See you around, kid.

It all made sense now. Somebody’s after me. They want my body parts.

I thought this was supposed to be a year of football, not a ******* detective program!

Jesus, mate I signed up just to comment on this story. Absolutely phenomenal. Just don't let it die eh?

Phenomenal. Exceptional. Brilliant.

i like this its more like a book then a game. its different but in a good refreshing way.