Eye for an eye (14.2) - Tested on Southampton, Roma, Ajax, Atletico, Dortmund, Lille

Rodrigo4073

Reaction score
Eye for an Eye (14.2.1) - Tested on more that 7 teams in different leagues

EYE FOR AN EYE v9.1 - (4-1-2-1-2) (14.2.1)
(TRY THE NEW VERSION, IT'S VERY DIFFERENT SO I MADE A NEW THREAD, IT'S ALSO A LOT BETTER, SOLID AND COMPACT>>> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...rodrigo4073-442-narrow-diamond-plug-play.html)

• First of all, i will introduce the tactic by showing you what kind of results you can achieve with different teams. I tested it (always first season) with Ajax, Dortmund, Roma, Atletico Madrid, Southampton, LOSC Lille and Liverpool.

• Last version was tested with Liverpool (won Premier League) and Lille (second season, won everything, including Champions League)

LILLE SECOND SEASON (won Ligue 1, Champions League, League Cup, French Cup, Supercup)
9h17.jpg

LIVERPOOL (only signed Honda and Diakite to provide more depth to the squad)
0h02.jpg

LILLE (no transfers, assistant manager choosing the team)(also winners of French Cup and League Cup)

opxz.jpg

AJAX (only 1 signing, Alvarez Balanta)
0vkj.jpg

BORUSSIA DORTMUND (won every tournament played)
tjcv.jpg

ATLETICO DE MADRID (no transfers)
5ato.jpg

SOUTHAMPTON
r0g8.jpg

ROMA (no transfers)
ehb8.jpg

• [*=center]THE TACTIC: 4-1-2-1-2 (Note: the new version uses a Ball Winning Midfielder instead of a Half Back)
00g0.jpg

• GENERAL EXPLANATION: this tactic is based on a more direct approach with a lot of pressure, trying to outnumber the opposition with the constant attacking of the box to box midfielders and the shadow strikers. The two false nines will create a lot of space for the rest of the team, and they also will be helping in defense, containing the rival's fullbacks. Highly fluid, with a lot of movement, with the fullbacks going up, and with a more cautious way of defending of the two central defenders and the ball winning midfielder.

• MAN MARKING: the two strikers will have to be a shadow to the opposition fullbacks, that will help your own fullbacks so they can focus on the more attacking players. The tactic is already setted to be that way, but if the opposition uses a 3 defenders line you will have to adjust your strikers settings in order to mantain the balance. If they use wingbacks instead of DR or DL you can choose wheter to mark the wider central defenders or the WB's.

• PLAYERS: i always try to have intelligent players, with a lot of work rate and determination.

1. GOALKEEPER: a sweeper keeper is a better choice, good reflexes and one vs one will help. Victor Valdes for example.
  2. CENTRAL DEFENDERS: it's better if they have pace, with good mental attributes. And of course, marking and tackling. Alvarez Balanta gave me good results.
  3. WINGBACKS: complete, they have to be competent in defence and attack.
  4. BALL WINNING MIDFIELDER: a destroyer of football. Not necessary to be a good passer and technical. Wanyama played really well in my Southampton save.
  5. CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS: here you can choose, it can be the classic box to box midfielders or you can adapt some players to play here, players like Tour? or Vidal are very good choices but you can also use a player like Honda (7.59 rating on my Dortmund save), Ward-Prouse, etc. It's better if they can finish some plays too.
  6. SHADOW STRIKER: Messi, Gaston Ramirez, Mkitharyan. This player is very important, he will be scoring a lot of goals and creating a lot of chances. Passing, finishing, dribbling, etc.
  7. STRIKERS: just the best regular striker you can get.

• TRAINING: (All players with heavy training)

1. GOALKEEPER: Sweeper Keeper
  2. CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Limited Defender or Ball Playing Defender
  3. BALL WINNING MIDFIELDER: Half Back
  4. WINGBACKS: Complete WingBacks or FullBack
  5. CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS: Box to Box
  6. SHADOW STRIKER: Inside Forward (sometimes i use Box to Box)
  7. STRIKERS: Inside Forward or Poacher

PRE-SEASON TRAINING: try to play approx. 9 friendlies in order to get your tactic fluid. Use Tactics on very high, no rest before and after matches with a 100% of match preparation focused on Only Tactics.

SEASON TRAINING: balanced training on average or high (it depends on your injuries), match preparation to 60% allowing rest after the matches (not before), and with a focus on Teamwork (this can vary in order of your preferences, but i found out this to be the more solid option).

• OTHER STUFF:

1. PITCHSIZE: standard.
  2. OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS: NO!
  3. RED CARDS: take off the shadow striker.
  4. TIPS: these might be personal choices but i always try to substitute my players when they are less than 70-75% of their condition, and when a player who has a high rate defensive task has a yellow card i also try to reduce the chances of him being expelled.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?aat2kplhjyey0y1

TESTED BY OTHERS:

Never mind this. So far I've played 18 games. Won 16 and 2 draws. Scored 54 goals and only conceded 9. This is so awesome.

I played this tactics first season for Wolfsbourg and i take 2 place! Bayern outstripped me on only 3 points. This is fantastic season, but after winter pause my team began to play less often in combination football and also I began to score more than the goals from set pieces, but it wasn't reflected in results. Im very glad, thank you once again!

DERBY
455571d1388441106-eye-eye-14-2-tested-southampton-roma-ajax-atletico-dortmund-lille-table.jpg

LEICESTER
454294d1388321825-eye-eye-14-2-tested-southampton-roma-ajax-atletico-dortmund-lille-sky-bet-championship_-overview-profile.png

ARSENAL WITH A FREE AGENTS UPDATE
469266d1389824558-eye-eye-14-2-tested-southampton-roma-ajax-atletico-dortmund-lille-2014-01-15_00004.jpg

Well, this is all, i hope you find it useful, those people who use downloaded tactics and those who use them to learn a few more things and applying in your tactics (like me), good luck, and sorry for my english!

Last edited:
very nice results m8. i remember this formation from my old adventures with CM's yet - i always used narrow diamond there. definitely i need to try this sometime :).

I have been trying to develop my on 4-4-2 diamond tac with liverpool, will give your one a try tonight and let you know how it works.

shows a print of your team training please, i'll test

Sorry for that, i will add match preparation and the training for each player in the main post in a few minutes! But i can tell you i use the default settings with Defensive Positioning, except for the preseason where i try to focus a little bit more in fitness in the general training.

finding that too many long shots. the F9's are not doing much either, just long shots. I'm man city.

finding that too many long shots. the F9's are not doing much either, just long shots. I'm man city.

Yes, it is supposed to be on overload all the time. Man City actually has a very good team for this tactic, what is your current eleven? You can always try to tweak the strikers settings in order to shoot less, but they are more supportive players, your main threat will be the AMC. I'm just running a quick test with City without signings.

what did you do with reus in your bvb save?
Use him as a striker. With very good results (7.42 rating). I also used Gundogan as a box to box and i sold him the next year in 60M.

I quickly tested with Man City (Silva, Nasri, Jovetic and Nastasic injured) holidaying until the first match and this is the result:
0li3.jpg

Next match with Chelsea. Edited: Man City 2-0 Chelsea in their stadium, they started the season with a 5-0 win against Norwich. So, i will not test it anymore with Man City, i think is going pretty good.

mht0.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno, I can't get it to work with Dortmund. I have lost 5 games out of 13. I probably do something wrong.

What is your current eleven?

I used Fabianski; Schmelzer, Hummels, Papastathopoulos, GroBkreutz; Bender; Gundogan, Honda; Mkitharyan; Lewandosky and Reus.

Remember, no opposition instructions by the assistan manager, only the man marking in your player tactics screen that is already asigned.

When i started the season i put fitness general training very high and Only Tactics until 1 week before the first match, then i switch to Balanced and Defensive Positioning. The rest is just managing your team well. Also, as you can see, all my players have high determination, i think that is crucial for every champion team.

Second season with Ajax, won everything:

7n4e.jpg

This is my current team, not so great:
29hj.jpg

I also updated the first post with the training settings.

Last edited:
I updated the tactic, is a lot more consistent and solid, i tested it with Boca Juniors with no signings at all in the second season (i'm playing a youth challenge) and currently 16 consecutive wins (including Brazilian teams).

This looks great, I'm going to give this a go with Atletico Madrid :)

Hello I'm using his tactical with Lazio, I'm enjoying a lot, congratulations.
I'm second in 26 games, 4 points of Juventus, which you changed?

Works on the latest patch 14.2?
Hi mate, i don't know yet, i was working in a defensive tactic but i will try to test it and then i'll let you know.

Hello I'm using his tactical with Lazio, I'm enjoying a lot, congratulations.
I'm second in 26 games, 4 points of Juventus, which you changed?
Hey, thanks mate! I'm glad it worked for someone! Don't matter the latter changes, i will review everything and try to update it! Cheers!