F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

Someone got worked up.. Now we can't even celebrate community shield..

Was pleased to see Cleverley get some game time. Really impressed me. Thought Welbeck, Young, Nani and Anderson all played really well.
Wonder if Cleverley might get the nod to start at the weekend vs West Brom?

Just remembered how much i hate match threads.

Pub it is

Cleverley looked better than I expected this game! Smalling looks immense as well and Nani is ever improving.

I've been saying that this is a glorified friendly before it kicked off, and still thinks so, but I could understand why there are some who are really happy after the game. We came back from 2-0 down against our city rivals, being written off by everyone during the half-time to nick a win in the very last minute. Friendly or not it is an ecstatic moment.

It's still a glorified friendly, It's just nice to hush up the noisy neighbour's before the season.

Well played Utd, if we had won i would have been delighted but we didnt really deserve to, truly outplayed. Thought Anderson, Cleverley and Smalling were all superb, a great game, thats what i want to see no bore draws that go to penalties.

Honestly im not disappointed about the trophy at all, im disappointed at the performance and losing to man utd to yet another last minute goal, very annoying that we cant defend the whole 90 minutes.

On De Gea, i thought he was very poor, not just for dzeko's goal but he didnt look composed and for the first goal he should have punched that out for a throw in.

Your 2nd goal was a joy to behold, that is the definition of good football, not the slow paced tosh barcelona play.

All these fergie time excuses are getting a bit silly, utd are known to play until the final seconds, they did it in 1999 and they have done it forever really, i for one am a proud city fan and wont make any ridiculous excuses, we were beaten by the better team.

CTID

Just remembered how much i hate match threads.

Pub it is

Yeah, this is just a taster of whats to come all the way through to summer next year. Deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep down though.....you've missed them really haven't you? C'me on, admit it. All the idiotic statements, all the infractions and warnings being given out....

And in some cases the pillocks who make it a free for all to get them closed :S

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Well played Utd, if we had won i would have been delighted but we didnt really deserve to, truly outplayed. Thought Anderson, Cleverley and Smalling were all superb, a great game, thats what i want to see no bore draws that go to penalties.

Honestly im not disappointed about the trophy at all, im disappointed at the performance and losing to man utd to yet another last minute goal, very annoying that we cant defend the whole 90 minutes.

On De Gea, i thought he was very poor, not just for dzeko's goal but he didnt look composed and for the first goal he should have punched that out for a throw in.

Your 2nd goal was a joy to behold, that is the definition of good football, not the slow paced tosh barcelona play.

All these fergie time excuses are getting a bit silly, utd are known to play until the final seconds, they did it in 1999 and they have done it forever really, i for one am a proud city fan and wont make any ridiculous excuses, we were beaten by the better team.

CTID

Ever thought of teaching Madrista humility and common sense?

No disrespect to madirista but he has only been a city fan a few years and i honestly i dont think he realises what its actually like being a city fan, if he is not a true city fan then i dont think he will take losing as well because he is not used to it like i am :)

I feel as if that made no sense at all but try and make sense of what im saying.

To make everyone fell better, Neuer just made a mistake and Bayern are goal down.. :p

No disrespect to madirista but he has only been a city fan a few years and i honestly i dont think he realises what its actually like being a city fan, if he is not a true city fan then i dont think he will take losing as well because he is not used to it like i am :)

I feel as if that made no sense at all but try and make sense of what im saying.
the name madridista gives it away abit lol, fair play to you for not making excuses.

Highlights just started on ITV 1 if anyone has not seen the game

I would rather have dinner with Sunil and Madridista then ever watch that game again.

Smart *** I would rather choke myself than having dinner with you..

Go and prepare one more underrated list..

Now go crying to complain to Mike, how rude ManUtd fans are..

Wasnt a dig at either at you, it would be a depressing atmosphere because all you 2 do is argue with each other like an old couple, forgot utd fans have no sense of humour :)

Awful game by City. Still a pretty comeptive pre-season game, and both teams certainly benefit from playing a game like that. Couldn't give a **** about the result because it's a meaningless trophy (unless of course the history repeats itself and the CS winners win the premier league again)...like in the last couple of seasons. Dissappointed not see Aguero but gotta wait till Swansea game.

Good that Mancini ruled out moving for Sneijder.

Last edited:
Wasnt a dig at either at you, it would be a depressing atmosphere because all you 2 do is argue with each other like an old couple, forgot utd fans have no sense of humour :)

TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him. Because of him I got 10 infraction points posting all offtopic ****.

I know you are well behaved poster now than year and half back, I would be glad if you stop taking cheap shots as I dont have anything against you. I dont even remember debating with you (I mean heated debate).

TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him. Because of him I got 10 infraction points posting all offtopic ****.

I know you are well behaved poster now than year and half back, I would be glad if you stop taking cheap shots as I dont have anything against you. I dont even remember debating with you (I mean heated debate).

"TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him" - XD If you tried you wouldn't argue, it's not exactly rocket science to sit there and NOT type, is it?

You seem to argue with everyone and everyone seems to think you're a massive ****, me included.