F.a. To investigate babel

well webb has previous form of being biased towards united penalty vs spurs for a foul outside the box, penalty vs liverpool last season for a foul outside the box, penalty today for a dive didnt even consult the linesman who had a better view and didnt flag many more incidents im sure

I find that when I type in a larger font my opinions look so much more convincing...

Oh, dear, this is going the same way as the Howard Webb thread, isn't it?

this is so stupid they wouldn't investigate a fan of football for doing that so y does a player make a difference

It's nothing to do with sending bad messages out, are you really so short sighted? He's questioning Webb's impartiality and ability to referee, which he can't be doing as a professional footballer. It's irrelevant who you support, he's an idiot and shouldn't have done it.

Why? surely criticism would affect this rather sitting back and quiet. Managers criticised 2022 winter are you opposing against that to? Or are you not opposing because it wasn't a slightly humorous photo?

YouTube - Ian Holloway - Its Wrong!

Anyone should be allowed their own opinion. Webb is biased towards United, that's a fact. The FA are a ******* joke.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Yes, and he used that right to post it into the public domain. If it's in the public how are the FA invading his privacy in any way?

I haven't got a clue how Twitter works but how would the FA even see it, don't tell me the FA have a Twitter page?

As a United fan, I don't believe I'm biased, but I have seen it maybe a dozen times and I'm still not sure. Seems to me like he was clipped slightly, but that his fall was a little delayed, so I can't say for sure.

I'd say that, despite the contact from Agger, it probably wasn't a penalty. But looking at Berbatov's history, I don't think I ever remember an instance in which he's dived, so maybe his momentum took him down after the contact (however slight it was).

YouTube - Ian Holloway - Its Wrong!

Anyone should be allowed their own opinion. Webb is biased towards United, that's a fact. The FA are a ******* joke.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

I haven't got a clue how Twitter works but how would the FA even see it, don't tell me the FA have a Twitter page?
You keep saying that, but it doesnt work that way in real life, you can have your opinion it doesn't mean you cant get in trouble for it, how do you not understand that?

He as a footballer cannot do it becuase it is essentially calling into question Webbs ability and impartiality. VERY different to if it was your or I, regardless of whether he meant it as a joke or not

So you can't openly think a Referee is biased? Ridiculous.

Why? surely criticism would affect this rather sitting back and quiet. Managers criticised 2022 winter are you opposing against that to? Or are you not opposing because it wasn't a slightly humorous photo?

Managers aren't supposed to be impartial, the 2022 world cup directly affects them and FIFA are supposed to be a governing body, it wouldn't be democratic if they didn't allow managers to criticise.

Referees are supposed to be impartial, Babel is making fun of, and calling into question the impartiality of a senior official. How would you feel if Babel fell out with Dalglish, and made a public remark/picture questioning his authority and making fun of him? I'm guessing 'pool fans wouldn't be happy, and the Football Club would take similar action as the FA are doing.

Anyone can view his Twitter page and see what has been posted.

You keep saying that, but it doesnt work that way in real life, you can have your opinion it doesn't mean you cant get in trouble for it, how do you not understand that?

He as a footballer cannot do it becuase it is essentially calling into question Webbs ability and impartiality. VERY different to if it was your or I, regardless of whether he meant it as a joke or not

So it is no different from Merson calling into question Glen Johnson's ability?

I cannot believe he could be disciplined for putting a picture onto Twitter, the FA are a shambles, everyones knows it, only so many will say it (Ian Holloway). Holloway nearly got fined for roatating his side, the FA need to take a look at themselves, they're beyond a joke.

So you can't openly think a Referee is biased? Ridiculous.
ridiculous it may be, but it was stupid of him to post it on his public twitter account

The FA need to get their priorities right. A Stevenage player was punched yesterday which I feel is much more important than this matter.

Talk about making a mountain over a mole hill.

ridiculous it may be, but it was stupid of him to post it on his public twitter account

Agreed, Babel isn't an intelligent person. But why should a player's opinion of a referee be punished? It's not as if this opinion changes anything, Webb wouldn't be banned from ever officiating a future Manchester United match or match with Ryan Babel in it just because of this opinion.

I just don't see a reason for it, Footballers shouldn't have to lose their right of free speech.

So it is no different from Merson calling into question Glen Johnson's ability?

I cannot believe he could be disciplined for putting a picture onto Twitter, the FA are a shambles, everyones knows it, only so many will say it (Ian Holloway). Holloway nearly got fined for roatating his side, the FA need to take a look at themselves, they're beyond a joke.
we all know the FA is a joke, but Babel was inviting trouble by doing so, hopefully all it will be is that someone will have a quiet word in his ear. as for Webb himself, from his view of the incident he got the decision right (remember we all get a much better view and the courtesy of replays). Clearly he didnt think there was any doubt, but I'm sure once he sees it again he will know he's got it wrong. Nothing to dow ith bias, just wrong, but costly decision

Agreed, Babel isn't an intelligent person. But why should a player's opinion of a referee be punished? It's not as if this opinion changes anything, Webb wouldn't be banned from ever officiating a future Manchester United match or match with Ryan Babel in it just because of this opinion.

I just don't see a reason for it, Footballers shouldn't have to lose their right of free speech.
Its the FA remember, they cant get anything right.

Common sense here would have someone give him a ring off the record and have a quiet word. but they have to make a massive fuss over everything.

we all know the FA is a joke, but Babel was inviting trouble by doing so, hopefully all it will be is that someone will have a quiet word in his ear. as for Webb himself, from his view of the incident he got the decision right (remember we all get a much better view and the courtesy of replays). Clearly he didnt think there was any doubt, but I'm sure once he sees it again he will know he's got it wrong. Nothing to dow ith bias, just wrong, but costly decision

Most matches with United and Liverpool he gives the majority and main decisions to United tbf. Babel was having a laugh and the FA have taken it completely the wrong way, idiots.