F.C United The Legacy

December Results

View attachment 366988
I had a **** of a lot of games this month and apart from the fa cup game against Aldershot Town which was awful and my typical cup form i would say it went pretty well. through to the semis of the johnstones paint trophy where Barnsley await us and only one loss in the league away at 3rd placed Tranmere. I do feel i could do with a bit more depth but i really do not wish to put the club in a worse financial position.

League table
View attachment 366989
Looking healthy

Gibbs signs new contract
View attachment 366990

I spoke about maybe selling this player and i have not completely ruled it out but he lowered his wage demands enough for me sign him on a 3 year extension so might keep him for a bit see how he progesses.

Bermingham
View attachment 366991

Signed him in August on a free transfer will be retraining as left mid i think will keep you all updated.

looks like you are going well and looking strong in the league keep it up

Defence is worrying me a little over the last few games hope to get someone in on loan on the plus side Gibbs is getting back to form looks like i made the right choice keeping him

January Results

View attachment 367154
A month that has been far to close for my liking with an awful loss at 18th placed Fleetwood town and another not so bad at Notts county. But on reflection my team are doing whats needed for promotion and i cant ask for much more than that really. Through to the north final of the Johnstones paint trophy after a hard fought win at Barnsley so i go on and meet Sheffield united which im unsure of given our patchy form and uniteds good form of late. Could really do with Gibbs and Morris finding some form to fire us into the championship but im pretty confident of getting there now as i think we are too far ahead for 3rd placed Plymouth.

League table
View attachment 367155

17 points clear of 3rd placed Plymouth Argyle but the race is still on for the title

Player of the month
View attachment 367156

Consistent performances from Fofana this month and all season. He has been a rock in Dmc

January transfers

View attachment 367158View attachment 367159
Not too much to report on Simon Graham was signed as backup as were a little short defensively and Buesa was signed to replace thompson. He would be mint if it was not for his awful jumping could be a good stopper though.

View attachment 367160

Made too many mistakes for my liking Pompey came in with a deadline day bid i accepted end of really.

So before we start.....

View attachment 367191

View attachment 367192View attachment 367193

Yes as you may have guessed its another promotion for F.C United!
Not exactly been a consistent few months but we did enough to secure promotion to the championship and another step closer to the big time.
Heres how we did it

View attachment 367194

Beating second place Wycombe was a great start to the league month and we kicked on from there only losing one game which was to Brentford where we were completely outplayed. The Aldershot game was very pleasing where Gibbs grabbed a hat-trick to give us a 5-0 win. We were 2-0 down at halftime to Birmingham but a brilliant comeback after half time clinched promotion. Elsewhere in the Johnstones paint trophy the first leg of the north final was a nervy affair. We were dominated in the first half and i really worried but a kick up the **** at half time proved enough for us to grab a 1-0 win. In the second leg it was roles reversed we dominated the first half taking a 1-0 lead and sheff utd turned it round in the second to make it 2-1. If im being honest i thought it would go to extra time but it turns out there is an away goals rule which i had no idea about (lol) so i was over the moon. on to the final we go to face Chesterfield!!!

March league table
View attachment 367195

Player of the month

View attachment 367196

He's been the daddy!

2019 Youth intake

View attachment 367197

Bobby is the best of this years youth intake could have a chance if he progresses well enough.

Next update will be the Johnstones paint trophy final wish me luck!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 367199

Johnstones Paint Trophy Final 2019

Well We made it this is my first chance for a cup competition win on this save and even though its nothing major i really want it. the only noteable injury is to right midfielder Josh Morris who is out with a long term injury. The teams look like this

View attachment 367203

Im going with the rock classic Colchester are going with a flat 4-4-2

Halftime
View attachment 367205

Absolutely Dominated the first half They didnt even manage a shot. we should be winning this and i have a terrible feeling i know whats going to happen here!!!!

So what happened is exactly what i thought would happen within minutes Colchester have taken the lead and i Get that sinking feeling. Carried on dominating but still nothing went direct and all out attack im sat waiting for the final whistle so i can launch the laptop out of the window. The third official indicates 3 minutes extra time and the last highlight loads at 92:22 im thinking its over but my left back makes a break down the wing past one, past two crosses into the box AND SEKO FOFANA FINISHES GOAL!!!!! the laptop and the window are given a temporary reprieve.

View attachment 367208

We should be winning this 5-0 but at the moment im happy with taking it to extra time and so it begins pretty quiet extra time kept with the all out attack. And......................... it payed off in the first half of extra time Domonic Oduo my right back receives the ball in the middle of the Colchesters half he cuts inside to just outside the D and strikes it with anger GOAL!!!!!! and from then we held on to win the trophy!

View attachment 367212

What a game what a competition what a season!!

End Of Season Review

View attachment 367247

So we did it and quite easily in the end this is becoming one of my most satisfying save on fm13 and ive had a lot of them lol.

View attachment 367249

Very comfortable in the end Gibbs was doing what he has been all season banging them in !!

View attachment 367251

View attachment 367255

Record points tally

View attachment 367282

Really glad i kept him he has been immense and the best sriker i have managed on fm13 45 goals in 52 appearances is top class and so he also wins my player of the year

View attachment 367283

View attachment 367285

​Onto the championship we go cya next season!!

Pre Season Review 2019/2020

What the bookies think
View attachment 367364

Well they think i will do well to avoid relegation i think they would do well to shut there stupid mouths. Every year they spout this rubbish and every year i prove them wrong you would have thought they would have learned there lesson by now.

The transfers

View attachment 367367

Released loads of players mainly from the youth and reserves the most noteable was Alex Billington who had a good season last time out but i did not think he was cut out for another step up. I did not sign too many players and the ones i did are mainly back-up for defence heres the two better players

View attachment 367372
The only money i spent for 900k this guy who i cant be a**ed to type his name. Will be my first choice central defender

View attachment 367373
31 year old Mauro Formica signed on a free still a very good player will be using him in many many positions this year i suspect

The Tactic

View attachment 367374

Rock classic served me very well last year and its what i will be going with again this year.

Pre season results

View attachment 367375

As you can see lots of pre season games against lots of lower league teams this is to get tactic familiarity fluid as fast as possible and get morale as good as possible as you can see it went ok.

In other news i got the board to improve the youth facilities which is the first improvement on this save. got the scouting network and youth recruitment upgraded as well.

August/September Results

View attachment 367470
Well it all started so well a 5-1 away win at Sunderland i thought nice one sunderland are a good team! It turns out there not and they currently sit in last position in the table with only 1 win and 9 losses. Next we met mk dons of league 2 in the capital one cup and i was brought right back down to earth losing on penaltys. Since then we have been inconsistent to say the least but a couple of good wins at the end of September gives me hope. Gwynn Gibbs has been awful and ive been using one of my academy players up front who is progressing well. I also signed a French CB who looks to be a very good prospect who i managed to get on a free transfer.

League table

View attachment 367467

Not too bad would be happy with a mid table finish

View attachment 367468View attachment 367469

The French CB i signed on a free and Matt Williams the Welsh youth striker i have been giving first team games too who has also been playing for the Welsh youth team

October/November Results

View attachment 367522

Still very inconsistent far too many losses far too poor defending but we are surviving and still getting a few wins which keeps me confident of staying in the league. As you can see in the last game we beat Blackburn who where second in the league and they barely got a shot away yet the game before we lose 2-1 to a poor AFC Bournemouth side its puzzling??? As you can see i managed to sign a new striker as Gywnn Gibbs got injured for 4 months and i believe he's a better replacement. His name is Liu Luo and is a China PR international he seems to be getting better every game. Im currently in the process of signing his international strike partner which im very excited about.

League table
View attachment 367524
Pretty safe but any dreams of the play-offs are slowly fading. Sunderland have made a miraculous recovery

Player Of the month/s

View attachment 367530

Good spot by me i think has turned in quite a few decent performances already cant really complain for free!!!!

Swansea Make Offer For Dennison

View attachment 367547

My first job offer of the save and not a bad one but theres no chance im leaving F.C United. Things are really looking up for us will update at the end of January.

View attachment 367549
Also changed the season expectations to a mid-table finish dont usually do this but the monetary gains enabled me to sign a couple of players. Again will update at the end of january

December/January Results

View attachment 367568

What a fantastic couple of months! The change really came when i ditched my defensive midfielder for another striker its attack at the expense of defence but i have enough quality up front to run that risk. My chinese revolution up front is working very well and even though Yan has only 1 goal under his belt he has put in some great perfomances. Also my young welsh striker Matt Williams has come on leaps and bounds and is getting plenty of first team action. I recieved another job offer from Premier League Nottingham Forest but laughed it off. Also through to the fifth round of the fa cup where i will face either Notts Forest or Crystal Palace.

League Table
View attachment 367571

Still 10 pts of a promotion place but have 2 games in hand i still think its a big ask though.

Player of the month/s

View attachment 367575View attachment 367576

Shared between these 2 young stars

Transfers in

View attachment 367577View attachment 367578

Signed a new goalkeeper as my other was dodgy as and a r/l back to be used as rotation. 3 players left but nobody of any great significance

class story so far, hope u don't have to spend too many seasons in the championship before getting promotion so you can finally face manutd

Cheers mate but it looks like im gonna be spending another season in the championship gone to absolute s**t in the last 2 games really pi**ed of lol

February/March Results

View attachment 367618

Well Well Well, a very good couple of months i would say February started of pretty badly with a draw and 2 losses hence the reason for my last post but after that the chinese revolution really got there scoring boots on. A 3-2 Win in the fa cup 5th round set up a home tie against Tottenham and we came so close. After taking a 1-0 lead they equalised before half time then they had a man sent off a straight red for a two footed tackle. This gave me real hope but it was not to be im afraid and Robert Lewandowski rifled hom a smart winner. But the question you are all asking is what posistion in the table are you ????

League table
View attachment 367620

:P Boom just crept in the play-off places 3 teams right up my jacksie though can i hold on ????

Player/s of the month
View attachment 367621
If you told me at the start of the season that these two would be winning any awards i would have laughed at you but they have progressed well and have been integral the last few months

Manager of the month
View attachment 367622

Youth intake
View attachment 367623

Only one player worth mentioning but this guy will be a star trust. resolute personality as well always a winner.

Despite the fact that I've no tendency to manage small clubs in lower league, I love watching people use them and leading them to the top. Good luck to you!

Cheers mate its looking very good!! Believe it or not i have never started as a team in the top flight of any division except the MLS !

Haven't checked this thread in a while... My god, what a results! Great mate, keep on going.

Back