F1 2010: The Game (PS3/XBOX/PC)

• Thread starter Thread starter *James*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 255
  • Views Views 20K
some more patch news

Update: The team have been hard at work and as a result we have now completed all internal testing on the patch.

The patch is now in submission with Microsoft and Sony for all 3 platforms, and once this process has been successfully completed the patch will be released, ready for you to download. Keep an eye out on the forums, facebook, and twitter, as we’ll let you know as soon as it’s ready to download.

Excellent news, thanks Chris.

is this game worth £35 ?

Just about, yeah. Why?

Hi James,
Would you say it is the best F1 racing game available atm? Is it playable in PC without a joy/wheelstick?

It is playable, but not as enjoyable to play without a wheel, if truth be told.

I love this game I just can't put it down. It will be even better once the patch comes out which should be soon.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Yes, but its pretty poor if I'm honest....

No it's very good actually but it is better to play with friends so you can tell them to not deliberately crash them because if you want to do a serious race online there are a lot of crashers as with most racing games. Although crashing with your friends is fun if your not doing a serious race and it is even better with headset so you can hear there reactions. PRICELESS.

First racing season completed, with BMW Sauber won both championships, finished with 353 points in the drivers championship. Just for the 2nd season now.

in the second season atm and currently top but im still at virgin so that won't last. What level do you need to be at to get a decent car offer?

It does say if you click on each team what rep you need.

First racing season completed, with BMW Sauber won both championships, finished with 353 points in the drivers championship. Just for the 2nd season now.

You can't be BMW in first season? oO)

in the second season atm and currently top but im still at virgin so that won't last. What level do you need to be at to get a decent car offer?

It depends 1st season around 15, second around 20 although sometimes a team could not of shown any interest in you but because you have won the WDC you get a contract that is what happened to me.
BTW what difficulty do you play on to be winning with Virgin, if you on Legend you must be someone who dedicates thier life to Racing Sims;) I admit that when I first started with Torro Rosso I played on Easy and won the WDC but now I'm better and play on hard.

You can't be BMW in first season? oO)

You can if you choose a 5 season career

It depends 1st season around 15, second around 20 although sometimes a team could not of shown any interest in you but because you have won the WDC you get a contract that is what happened to me.
BTW what difficulty do you play on to be winning with Virgin, if you on Legend you must be someone who dedicates thier life to Racing Sims;) I admit that when I first started with Torro Rosso I played on Easy and won the WDC but now I'm better and play on hard.

You can if you choose a 5 season career

I was on easy but moved up difficulty every few races as i was getting more used to it. Im currently level 21 and still no offer. Getting really frustrating as my car is pretty poor

I was on easy but moved up difficulty every few races as i was getting more used to it. Im currently level 21 and still no offer. Getting really frustrating as my car is pretty poor

You might be upsetting the other teams in the press

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:16 PM ----------

The patch is out now

You might be upsetting the other teams in the press

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:16 PM ----------

The patch is out now

I can only find PS3 patches, will post further links here when they release it over all platforms.

I can only find PS3 patches, will post further links here when they release it over all platforms.

Yeah I was reading on the F1 2010 forums just to make sure it was the patch and people are saying its only UK PS3 users have it and nobody else not too sure why, S3 times still don't come up though.

Yeah I was reading on the F1 2010 forums just to make sure it was the patch and people are saying its only UK PS3 users have it and nobody else not too sure why, S3 times still don't come up though.

I have it on PC, but not on Steam. Will there be an independent download link for me?

I have it on PC, but not on Steam. Will there be an independent download link for me?

I'm not too sure I will try to post some more updates on the patch when it comes out, as it is not out for everyone yet

I am Lotus and finished 2nd in Bahrain and 1st in Melbourne:) then my PS3 broke:(

Guys I believe more info for the patch will be released on Monday with Sunday being a weekend

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

I just though I should tell you guys a bit about the patch.
1.THE CARS DO NOT YIELD ANYMORE:D
2.There are split times but it is collective so for example your first lap time is 1min and you secong is 1min 30 it shows on your screen you time is 2.30 then it shows the collective time for the other cars then the split times.
3.Sector 3 times still do not appear which I am disappointed about.
4.The mirrors are less jittery but still not perfect.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Guys would you reccomend the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, and where would I be ale to get it cheapest

Downloaded the PS3 patch this morning.The game has improved a lot for me. No longer do I get random puntures. Ive only had one since having the patch and that is because I hit a barrier. AI is now better. When lapping back markers they never used to get out of the way and now they do. AI cars are also affected by damage now. Overall this patch is exactly what this game needed. Its good to see a dev team taking a look at forums and getting feedback from the people that play there game and taking action. NICE.

Back