RC Strasbourg Alsace - Hot Prospects

View attachment 256342
These 5 teenagers have been in and around the first team for the first half of the season, and I'm excited by all of them. In this post I'm going to cover each of them individually, ranking them as I go along, so that you can all get an understanding of the squad I have here at Strasbourg.

5. Corentin Munch

View attachment 256339
The 19 year old CDM/CM has played five matches so far this season, playing backup to both Linganzi and Ba. However, with Linganzi failing to impress me, this lad is likely to be starting more games throughout the remainder of the season. His tenacity and well rounded physical attributes contribute to his ability as a Ball Winning Midfielder, and I believe that he can become a decent Ligue 1 player in the coming years, as long as he gets first team football.

View attachment 256337
As you can see he is reasonably well rounded. He's starting to improve but once he plays more first team football, he'll really start to develop.

View attachment 256335
His height helps him out a lot as it gives him a strong presence on the pitch. I've got good hopes for this lad, but we have younger players with even higher potential at the club.

4. Thierry Nyom

View attachment 256333
At the age of 15, Nyom has already played a first team game for Le Racing in Ligue 2 where his impressive pace caused problems for the opposition. He can play as a right winger or as a striker, and is similar to Theo Walcott in many aspects.

View attachment 256330
Obviously, he isn't great yet. He's far from being capable of holding down a regular first team place, but he's a good option to have if we are struggling with injuries as he provides good energy and speed to our play.

View attachment 256328
He's got the potential to become a good, mid table level Ligue 1 forward in the future, and at the age of 15, he's got plenty of time to improve.

3. Jonathan Henry

View attachment 256327
The 16 year old RM/RW/ST has played mostly in cup matches this season, notching up 4 appearances in the Coup de La Ligue and one game in Ligue 2. His speed and trickery have already caused problems for the left backs he has faced, and he has been tipped by the back room staff to become a quality Ligue 1 player one day.

View attachment 256326
Very fast already, but his acceleration is still improving. I'm very excited for this lad!

View attachment 256325
So excited, in fact, that he has signed a pro-deal to stop other clubs (bigger clubs) nabbing him off us!

2. Sacha Stephan

View attachment 256324
A goalkeeper, who at the age of 16, kept a clean sheet in his league debut for the club, and a second clean sheet in his second ever game. He's tall and has great reflexes.

View attachment 256320
His reflexes are already at quite a respectable level! He has a long time to develop and I'm excited to play him more and more throughout the rest of the season, as long as he continues to impress.

View attachment 256319
He's going to become a solid keeper.

1.Joël Liri

View attachment 256317
This powerhouse centre back has already played 9 games for the club, and he's only 16. He's been so solid for us, and you wouldn't think he's that young if you saw him play!

View attachment 256316
As you can see, he is strong, determined and a great header of the ball. All you need in a centre back? He's so solid for a teenager, it's crazy!

View attachment 256315
Also on a pro-deal with the club, as Saint-Etienne were sniffing around.

Overview

View attachment 256311
The stars for Henry are the sort of greyed out, youth team stars, but my skin makes him seem the best player at the club at first glance! To conclude, the club should be very excited for the future!

View attachment 256226
Remainder of January 2016

View attachment 256225
During the winter break we played a friendly match against the German side Sandhausen. We lost but I didn't even realise we played it as my assistant takes care of friendlies! We'll move on from this, it doesn't matter.

Havre Athletic Club 1-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (16/1/2015)

View attachment 256223
Just a comfortable victory away from home. I was gutted to concede a last minute consolation goal to ruin our clean sheet, but ah well... what can you do?

French Cup 10th Round - RC Strasbourg Alsace 3-0 Evian TG FC (19/1/2015)

View attachment 256222
What a fabulous performance, and a priceless win! We thumped this Ligue 1 team and march into the next round of the cup.

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-0 FC Metz (22/1/2015)

View attachment 256221
We've done the double over our fierce rivals! I've never lost a derby match as a manager so far, go me!

US Créteil-Lusitanos 2-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (29/1/2015)

View attachment 256219
Bru saved our *** here! We were really poor but we scraped a draw.

View attachment 256218
That draw, however disappointing, actually put us top of the table. Albeit it's only by 1 point, but as long as we continue performing we can make this position our own.​

View attachment 256180
February 2016

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-0 La Berrichonne (5/2/2016)

View attachment 256179
Luis García is such a legend. I don't care if he's not played insane this year, he's just a legend. I should probably sub him earlier to prevent him getting injured.. he is 37 now!

French Cup 11th Round - FC Nantes 5-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (9/2/2016)

View attachment 256178
Unfortunately, we got totally out played by FC Nantes here. A flying start to the match though, with the score at 2-1 after 15 minutes! We did well to get this far though.

USBCO 3-3 RC Strasbourg Alsace (12/2/2016)

View attachment 256177
A great game for the neutrals! Not a great game for us though, as we should have won!

RC Strasbourg Alsace 2-0 AC Arles-Avignon (19/2/2016)

View attachment 256176
A nice, solid home victory, with a clean sheet on top. Yay!

RC Strasbourg Alsace 2-0 Stade de Reims (26/2/2016)

View attachment 256175
A crucial win as it puts us safely in 1st place. El Hemdaoui scored a first half brace to seal an important three points for our season.

View attachment 256174
The win over title and promotion rivals Reims puts us 5 points clear at the top, and 11 points clear of 4th place leaving us in a great position to win promotion.

Sorry mate just catching up!! Huge win over Reims!! That one could be the one you look back on as the game that won you the title!!

Sorry mate just catching up!! Huge win over Reims!! That one could be the one you look back on as the game that won you the title!!

No worries bud. Yeah it's a huge win! We played in such a calm and composed manner throughout the game, you wouldn't have thought it was a title clash!

View attachment 256095
March 2016

FC Lorient 1-1 RC Strasbourg Alsace (4/3/2016)

View attachment 256094
A decent point away from home against a decent side. Onwards and upwards!

RC Strasbourg Alsace 2-1 Tours FC (11/3/2016)

View attachment 256093
N'Sikulu grabbed a brace as we took all three points at home to Tours.

AC Ajaccio 2-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (18/3/2016)

View attachment 256092
Aguemon snatched us a point here as we almost lost for the first time since September in the league!

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-0
Nîmes Olympique (28/3/2016)

View attachment 256091
We're pulling clear of Reims at the top of the table, thanks to this win!

View attachment 256090
Especially when you see how Reims have collapsed since we beat them in February! They haven't won since, leaving the table looking like this:

View attachment 256089
We're 9 points clear now, with only 7 games remaining. Promotion, and the title look set to be ours!

View attachment 256088
In other news we are searching for a senior affiliate, which could help us get some further income, even though were are financially stable already.

View attachment 256076
April 2016

View attachment 256075
That's right! We've been promoted. Now we need to seal the title! Let's see how we locked our promotion.

AS Nancy Lorraine 0-3 RC Strasbourg Alsace (1/4/2016)

View attachment 256070
Our wonder kid centre back Liri scored two thumping headers as we swept Nancy aside.

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-1 Chamois Niortais FC (9/4/2017)

View attachment 256068
They defended valiantly and we struggled to get in behind their defence. We remain unbeaten though.

Dijon FCO 2-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (15/4/2016)

View attachment 256065
We finished the game with 9 men as I had already made all three substitutions so we did well to hold on to the draw in the end.

RC Strasbourg Alsace 2-0 Valenciennes FC
(25/4/2016)

View attachment 256063
This was the win that clinched our promotion. Bru has started playing at a much higher standard and Aguemon is causing havoc on the right flank whenever he plays.

View attachment 256061
Is it just me who is surprised at the budget we will have next season?

View attachment 256060
We go into our next game knowing that a win will claim the Ligue 2 title! What a season it's been already, but lets add a trophy to the club trophy cabinet, and claim my second trophy as a manager!​

Congrats on the promotion!!! You guys obviously destroyed Reims' confidence, they didn't have a good April either!!

Congrats on the promotion!!! You guys obviously destroyed Reims' confidence, they didn't have a good April either!!

Thanks pal! It seems that way! They looked so strong at the start of the season but I guess slow and steady wins the race ;)

View attachment 256022
May 2016

Stade Brestois 29 1-1 RC Strasbourg Alsace (2/5/2016)

View attachment 256021
RC Strasbourg Alsace 0-0 Amiens SC Football (6/5/2016)

View attachment 256007
And with that point...

View attachment 256006
We are the champions, my friend!

GFC Ajaccio 4-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (13/5/2016)

View attachment 256005
And our 28 match unbeaten streak comes to an end in the final game of the season as the players already had their heads on holiday.

Final League Table

View attachment 256001
In the end Stade de Reims fell down to third, and we won the league 9 points clear of them, but only 1 point clear of FC Lorient who came out of nowhere! Auxerre are relegated along with Amiens and Créteil!​

View attachment 255998
End of Season Squad Update

View attachment 255994
We used a lot of rotation this season, and I mean a lot. Only a handful of players played in most/all of the matches as injuries and frequent fixtures caused multiple players to be used. This can also account for why we didn't have one top scorer as lots of players chipped in, although El Hemdaoui finished with 14 goals.

View attachment 255992
End of Season Ligue 2 Review

Promoted to Ligue 1:
View attachment 255989

Relegated to French National:
View attachment 255990
Top Goalscorers:
View attachment 255987
Highest Average Rating:
View attachment 255986
Most Assists:
View attachment 255985
Most Clean Sheets:
View attachment 255984
Ligue 1

View attachment 255976

View attachment 255937
We're classed as the biggest overachievers, which is nice to read. Especially when we were actually predicted to finish last.. I'm not sure if I showed you all that! My bad!​

View attachment 255935
View attachment 255934
The big man at the back was solid all season, and was pretty much ever present barring a few injured periods.

View attachment 255933
Camara won the award comfortably, with almost half of the votes going to him.

View attachment 255932

View attachment 255929
View attachment 255927
View attachment 255923
I'd pretty much agree with this. Like I said, we rotated a lot this year, so some players would also deserve a place in this team too!

View attachment 255922
That's nice. I like that.

View attachment 255921
View attachment 255919
I've chosen this one out of "Attempt to avoid relegation" and "Mid-table finish". I don't want too much expectation but I do think we will stay up, providing I'm shrewd in the market.

View attachment 255907
My first chance to manage in my home country of Italy, but I have unfinished business here at Strasbourg, and I want to manage in Ligue 1 at least for this season. If the offer was from a slightly better club in Italy, I may have considered it, but we're staying in France for the time being.

View attachment 255906

View attachment 255903
Pre-Season Update (2016/2017 Season)

June/July 2016

View attachment 255900
We're outsiders to survive, but I think I've brought in some pretty decent players, so we'll give it a go!

Transfers Out

View attachment 255895
Gauclin isn't good enough even as a backup goalkeeper any more, and Henry needs some first team football so has gone on loan to Orléans, in the French National. I'm still trying to get rid of some dead wood in the reserves but I won't get much money for them.

Transfers In

View attachment 255892View attachment 255894
Lots of business in though. Most notably Kasim Adams who comes in as the clubs record transfer. Ba signs permanently after a successful loan spell last season. Andersen will be our first choice keeper this season (although he just got injured for 2 months!), Medrán and Kenia will be our new first choice CAM partnership and both are quality free transfers. The rest of the signings provide a lot more quality and depth to our squad.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Main Starting XI

Ignoring injuries and suspensions etc, this will be our strongest starting eleven.

View attachment 255891
We've got some decent players, with some experience and some youth too. I hope this squad will manage to keep us up, as I'm not sure I want to sign any more players as it could disrupt the harmony of the team too much.

Friendly Matches

We played 5 friendly matches, winning 3, drawing 1 and losing 1, so a decent pre-season as we prepare for top flight football.

View attachment 255890
I feel we are quite well prepared. We've got some new coaches with better attributes so I think the younger players have a better chance at improving.​

View attachment 255879
August 2016

View attachment 255878
The young midfielder has gone out on loan for the season to get more first team football as I cannot promise that he'll receive it here due to us being at a higher level of football.

View attachment 255877
Match Day 1 - RC Strasbourg Alsace vs FC Sochaux (6/8/2016)

View attachment 255876
Match Day 2 - Angers SCO vs RC Strasbourg Alsace (10/8/2016)

View attachment 255874
Match Day 3 - RC Strasbourg Alsace vs SC Bastia (13/8/2016)

View attachment 255871
Match Day 4 - Stade Malherbe Caen vs RC Strasbourg Alsace (20/8/2016)

View attachment 255866
Match Day 5 - RC Strasbourg Alsace vs Olympique Lyonnais (26/8/2016)

View attachment 255865
League Standings

View attachment 255864
It's not a bad start to the season at all. I'd snap your hand off if you offered me an 11th place finish at the end of the season!

-----------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 255862View attachment 255863
PSG are ridiculously rich, wow.​

View attachment 255821
September 2016

View attachment 255819
Match Day 6 - Stade de Reims vs RC Strasbourg Alsace (10/9/2016)

View attachment 255814

----------------------------------------------

View attachment 255808
View attachment 255807

-------------------------------------------------------------

Match Day 7 - RC Strasbourg Alsace vs FC Nantes (17/9/2016)
View attachment 255805

------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 255804View attachment 255803
I'm happy to sign this extension, I'd like to stay here and get Strasbourg to challenge at least for Europa League places before I leave.

------------------------------------------------------------

Match Day 8 - Stade Rennais FC vs RC Strasbourg Alsace (21/9/2016)

View attachment 255795
Match Day 9 - RC Strasbourg Alsace vs Girondins de Bordeaux (24/9/2016)

View attachment 255772
League Standings

View attachment 255765
We're simply showing mid table form, which is fine by me, although in an ideal world we could perhaps have an unbeaten month at some point?.. I'd like to have a positive goal difference too.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 255763