Fabregas criticises Ipswich Town's "rugby tactics"

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 6K
I don't mean to enrage Arsenal supporters by saying this.. but for me this shows why Arsenal haven't been winning trophies. They lose a game in the first leg.. surely then they should find motivation to really make sure they win in the second rather than insult and criticise the opponents. Also against Leeds, when they were losing 1-0.. they all looked miserable and really annoyed rather than looking to fight back into the game. For a winning mentality they should surely be trying to act positively by amending their mistakes rather than trying to find excuses.

I don't mean to enrage Arsenal supporters by saying this.. but for me this shows why Arsenal haven't been winning trophies. They lose a game in the first leg.. surely then they should find motivation to really make sure they win in the second rather than insult and criticise the opponents. Also against Leeds, when they were losing 1-0.. they all looked miserable and really annoyed rather than looking to fight back into the game. For a winning mentality they should surely be trying to act positively by amending their mistakes rather than trying to find excuses.

I agree arshavin the main culprit he half the the time looks like he cant be bothered :'(

Call me old fashioned, but I like good old British football, with it's passion and commitment, battling midfielders and strong challenges. Then again, I am a defender and enjoy keeping a clean sheet more than scoring - I guess I'm in the minority!

Now lets hear the lazy ***** point of view who cba to play footy, just enjoys watching it! LOL

I prefer a mixture of good footy and winning and goals. IMO no point of dancing on the pitch if its not getting you anyways.
People often compare Arsenal to Barca but the difference is that Barca can win with attractive footy!

I agree arshavin the main culprit he half the the time looks like he cant be bothered :'(
what wrong with arshavin?
he doesnt look like the same guy who got 4 goals against liverpool

Now lets hear the lazy ***** point of view who cba to play footy, just enjoys watching it! LOL

I prefer a mixture of good footy and winning and goals. IMO no point of dancing on the pitch if its not getting you anyways.
People often compare Arsenal to Barca but the difference is that Barca can win with attractive footy!

Wouldn't like to play football anymore anyway. Not only because i'm too old (lol), but you're not allowed to tackle properly anymore. Try it, and you get carded majority of the time

what wrong with arshavin?
he doesnt look like the same guy who got 4 goals against liverpool

how i miss when he was good

for some reason he been out of form and dosen't look intrested at all :'(

he pefroms to the top of his ability every so often like the villa match though

how i miss when he was good

for some reason he been out of form and dosen't look intrested at all :'(

he pefroms to the top of his ability every so often like the villa match though
he shouldn't be played as a winger.
more off a second striker like rooney for Man utd imo

It was a fully deserved victory for us. End of. As for the hoofball it's really all we do against anyone, Arsenal was no exception and I think it really caught them off guard but yet they failed to adapt to it and play from it. Fabregas can complain or ***** about us all he wants but it's his team that are perhaps failing more tactically, yeah sometimes it works brilliantly but they don't know when to stop... I mean it wouldn't kill to have a couple of shots outside the area right?

Yeh but we play 4-3-3 so he's being forced to play there. Not fair on him if he played as a SS he would florish i think

Call me old fashioned, but I like good old British football, with it's passion and commitment, battling midfielders and strong challenges. Then again, I am a defender and enjoy keeping a clean sheet more than scoring - I guess I'm in the minority!

To each his own. :)

To be fair Arsenal is pretty good, haven't won any trophies in a while but that's mostly due to injuries and they're in the race every year and just have had some bad luck. They're the only team in the Prem that I like watching, regardless of whether or not they're the best.

Seen some people saying Wenger doesnt, or rarely does critisise his player. This is to the press, he may rip their performances in the dressing room, but not in the press, for some moral reasons, to stop rumours emerging

I think Wenger should have Arshavin play a little more tucked in than usual and play off who ever is the main striker whilst Wilshere/Song move into the flanks and Clichy/Sagna overlap.

Ofcourse hes going to moan because they won the game!

I reckon he will have the last laugh though, seems to common that the underdog wins the first leg and end up getting battered in the 2nd leg.

Cesc was a bit out of order saying that but it's unfair to say Arsenal supporters are sore losers too (as i've seen some people say in this thread). I haven't seen any Arsenal fan at all say that Ipswich didn't deserve the win, they've accepted their loss and are just hoping for a good win at the Emirates

Other than that, Cesc will probably regret saying it, he's generally a very likeable man in the media.

You play the game to win, and you exploit your opponent's wicknesses to get the results. Arsenal has a sorry and pathetic defence. They're even sorrier when it comes to the long ball. So more power to Ipswich, for taking advantage of that. Well played Ipswich, you deserved the win last night

:')

What does he want them to do, go out there play beautiful football when thats not their strength?

Arsenal need to learn that not all teams play their way.

<3

Sour grapes, but sometimes you're ****** at the end of a game. I've criticized the refs in anger on FM knowing I'd get fined for it because I was that frustrated. From a video game.

Not necessarily. Who pays the wages of the managers, players, and owners? The fans do. From what I understand, in England the ticket prices are absolutely outrageous. You have to be wealthy just to attend a couple of games, much less be a season ticket holder. Would I pay that much to watch boring football? Definitely not. I think the players/managers have a duty to try and play at least somewhat attractive football. Not to mention, I think the sides that do play more attractive football end up developing better players. Since they're trying to do something other than run their brains out and head the ball in on a set piece.

The point you raise is interesting, but I think the one thing fans want to see above anything else is wins. Inter played extremely cautious football last year, but I'm sure the Inter fans weren't complaining when the won the CL.

Don't you think though that this style of play is detrimental to the development of your youngsters? I think it helps explains the problems with English youth development, which is why your national team has struggled in the last 10-15 years and why there aren't many English players in the Premiership.

The point you raise is interesting, but I think the one thing fans want to see above anything else is wins. Inter played extremely cautious football last year, but I'm sure the Inter fans weren't complaining when the won the CL.

Yeah it depends on the country. Italians definitely don't mind boring football. :) However, it wasn't long ago that Real Madrid managers would get sacked for not getting the team to play exciting enough football, even if they won titles (Capello comes to mind). It's the same in Brazil I think. Dunga was constantly criticized in the press because he was way too tactical and defensive. In some places, the fans expect both results and quality.

Don't you think though that this style of play is detrimental to the development of your youngsters? I think it helps explains the problems with English youth development, which is why your national team has struggled in the last 10-15 years and why there aren't many English players in the Premiership.

You say how old fashioned English footy is stopping English players from developing & bad for the national team, England didn't do too bad with it before, infact they were better off, they won the WC with that style in 1966!