Fabregas criticises Ipswich Town's "rugby tactics"

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 6K
This is why Arsenal annoy me. They cannot take a defeat with grace, always a controversial press release. And as CJ said, they need a plan B, and they need someone who can score (that isnt injured for 90% of the games) fact of the matter is, they'll get almost 10 times as many chances as us (just an example) in a game. And usually we will score one. And apparently, we cannot finish? Kind of like, how Ibra scored 25 goals in his season for Barca and was criticised but to be fair with the amount of chances presented to him, he could of had a fair few more. As could Arsenal. Take the gamble and sign a top class striker.

Arsenal, the only team to play in girls' blouses instead of football strips.

And what the ****'s wrong with rugby anyway!?

To be fair he does say "In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them, they create chances like that and it is their football. We just have to put the ball on the floor and try to play football. Credit to them because they played well" but the the rest of the stuff he says makes him sound like a ****.

"Credit to them because they played well but Arsenal played the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball.
"Still, we played well. We were good enough but just did not put the ball in the back of the net. I can remember only two opportunities for them but it was from a long, long ball because when they were playing football they could not really get in behind us.
"It is disappointing because we were the much better team but it was one of those nights."
"It is not the same to play at Stamford Bridge as it is to come here," he said. "Here they play in front of their fans, they are more motivated, the pitch is not as good as Stamford Bridge, so they play their game. They know how to do it and did it very well, so credit to them. Now we will see how they cope at the Emirates against us.
"Once you are in the semi-final, you have to go for it with your best players. We played with our best players. We did not win but it is half-time. We still have to go to the Emirates and we are confident that we can do it there."
Please point out the part where he sounded like a ****.

Actually, on the basis of the fact that most people think Ipswich deserved to win ( I don't know I didn't watch it) then I guess he being a bit of a **** by saying we were the much better side. However, he is still not criticising their style of play.

Last edited:
Moan moan Moan Moan Moan,,, Cesc grow up, you missed a sitter, i dont care if he was Angry, he should never of reacted like this, maybe he should look a ;little closer to home.

In defence of the majority of arsenal fans most have said we deserved to win it, I didn't get to see it as I had to work :'(. In relation to the long ball tactic, it worked, we won. It may not have been pretty but I can't see the point of a group of players, far inferior to they're opponents, trying to get the ball down and play passing football because the opposition would like you to because it would give them a better chance of winning.
Surely with the amount of teams that employ this tactic against arsenal they should have learnt to deal with it by now?

First Wenger now him, goes to show that the era of Viera has passed and the new Arsenal players behave like a bunch of ******* too afraid to stand up for themselves, if it was Viera captaining the team he would have criticized the team badly and make them all work harder so it does not happen but no, these young guns choose to blame either the pitch, the oppositon for theirpoor performances, stand up for yourselves lads, try to give soemthing back to the great football club that is Arsenal

Have to say I am disapointed that my favourite player would say tis, I tought he had a bit of fight in him

I didnt think he played particularly badly, i felt the main suspects were bendtner,eboue was terrible and denilson is simply not very technical and very easy to shrug off the ball. arshavin has been ridiculously poor in recent weeks. the problem was as we can see as fm users (H), the high line. why wenger chooses to play this i do not know. even at home, we have seen agbonlahor, bale and co spring this with a simple hoof over the top,but away from home? its pretty stupid. if tamas priskin, can have 6-7 clear cut chances then wenger needs to either a) buy some faster defenders or b) take a leaf out of fm and USE THE NIKE DEFENCE!!!!8-|

Please point out the part where he sounded like a ****.

Actually, on the basis of the fact that most people think Ipswich deserved to win ( I don't know I didn't watch it) then I guess he being a bit of a **** by saying we were the much better side. However, he is still not criticising their style of play.
"they played well but Arsenal played the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score with a long ball."
"I can remember only two opportunities for them but it was from a long, long ball because when they were playing football they could not really get in behind us.It is disappointing because we were the much better team but it was one of those nights."
These bits.

Its no excuse that he was angry fter the game and thats why he reacted, I hardly see players frm Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenha and even Man City do all this **** as often as Arsenal do, I will always maintain my stance that the are a bunch of ******* when it comes to losing games and taking it like a man

I can imagine Jewell at the second leg... "Alright lads, looks like we have to play on the floor because Cesc doesn't like it when we kick the ball long and high... After all we don't want to upset him do we?"