Facepack Mega Pack (Information)

• Thread starter MetalHeroChris
  • Start date
  • Replies 219
  • Views 159K
M

MetalHeroChris

Just to let everyone know that the latest Mega Face Pack version 3.0 (the popular cut out faces) brought to most of us via sortitoutsi will NOT support a torrent download at this time. I have been following their forum throughout the night and the only way to get the face pack currently is via file factory. It comes in 10 parts with a lengthy download and wait time between each file unless you go premium but from what I have read people are still having issues.

For further information I do not represent sortitoutsi and any questions should be directed to them. Here is the link for the download if you wish to try it and also the thread of information and help. http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/39782-megapack-home-thread-30-now-out/

I hope this helps some of you out and I apologise if I have started a thread without need.

Last edited:
I'll wait for easier quicker way to download this pack, takes for ever lol :)

Uchhh File factory is terrible. Why have they used that place?! :(

they get money for every gb downloaded so im guessing this will be a nice little earner

I'm sorry to be giving everyone what seems to be bad news...but I think alot of people are gutted about this as they liked the FM10 cut out style facepack.
I have been trying the download myself and for part 1 it's taken over 60mins and then just another 9 parts to go and an update file ontop of that.
I hope that they see sense and put as a torrent download and I would have thought it would have made more sense from the beginning to do so given the size of the file and such.

I'm not disrespecting thier work, but it is still disappointing they have chosen this form of release.

So if you have megapack 2.0 is it not just worth downloading the updates and installing into FM 2011.
It is still taking an hour to download each part.

Same for me about to finish part one in a minute, but as I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive then I'm not too worried yet. Someone will probably create a torrent in a day or two me thinks.

I think they could get in trouble for 'charging' people to go premium to get a full download link.

Same for me about to finish part one in a minute, but as I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive then I'm not too worried yet. Someone will probably create a torrent in a day or two me thinks.
I'm hoping so. Be a **** of a lot easier then lol. Someone asked for permission to create a torrent but one of the guys I believe that had a hand in making the facepack asked them not to...so I'm not sure on that front just hopeful.

@Zidav - Truthfully yes I think stick with the FM10 pack and wait for developments on this 3.0 and now 3.1 megapack. Atleast it works without the massive wait and the erm..rather ridiculas layout of File factory.

Again I'm sorry I can't really be more helpful.

I'm hoping so. Be a **** of a lot easier then lol. Someone asked for permission to create a torrent but one of the guys I believe that had a hand in making the facepack asked them not to...so I'm not sure on that front just hopeful.

@Zidav - Truthfully yes I think stick with the FM10 pack and wait for developments on this 3.0 and now 3.1 megapack. Atleast it works without the massive wait and the erm..rather ridiculas layout of File factory.

Again I'm sorry I can't really be more helpful.

Mate no need to apologise and thanks for the post.
You have confirmed what I thought as it was gonna take all day to download/install etc
The old Megapack will do fine ^^)

easy

guys its well easy, I got up nice and early and am 3/4 way to downloading everything and playing with the mighty Leeds at the same time. Just checked the file on a restart and all the images are there fine!

Plus sortiouts put up all the Eng Prem club logos which takes 10 seconds to download.

Happy managing

Sorry for being dense, but does FM11 support the FM10 megapack then?

Yes I believe so. The old FM10 facepack does work with FM11.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

guys its well easy, I got up nice and early and am 3/4 way to downloading everything and playing with the mighty Leeds at the same time. Just checked the file on a restart and all the images are there fine!

Plus sortiouts put up all the Eng Prem club logos which takes 10 seconds to download.

Happy managing

Glad you had it so easy, however knowing all that does not help the people who are having problems...and there are alot of them.

I dont understand what problems people are having...yeah the file website is awful! And there is a message sometimes that says all servers are full etc. BUT the files are there and take about 30 mins each for the main 8 pic packages...I recon it would take 6 hours to get everything and as I said, just chill out and play the season while waiting.

Hey im 3rd in the league in November with Leeds now ;) its saturday morning...and I have the new Champ Man...life is good ;)

I think they could get in trouble for 'charging' people to go premium to get a full download link.

It does seem that way. Wondering if because they have released it he other way for as well they have got round it as it is still available for non premium members.

The main download thing is down, just after I have paid £1 to become premium. That site sucks

just a quick question... what was the version we had for FM10? is it the 3.0? i've just being on the website and im just confused, im starring at the 10part file download links and im wondering if they are the same as that from last year and the 3.1 update is the only difference.?

Shame I was looking forward to getting it but the download is a major hassle. A torrent file would have been way better. All credit to them for doing it so quick and the work they put in but to then try to make money off it is just wrong and I suspect in breach of the licensing rights of Si and Sega who have to get permission to use the names and likenesses of players.

just a quick question... what was the version we had for FM10? is it the 3.0? i've just being on the website and im just confused, im starring at the 10part file download links and im wondering if they are the same as that from last year and the 3.1 update is the only difference.?

What I have gathered is that quite alot of the pictures/faces that they have used are new, improved cutting and updated in genral. People made requests for players that were not on the FM10 pack have been added and things like that. The 3.1 update is just a few more pics 2000 more I believe added and updated, thats why you have to overwrite some of the files as they are new in technical terms.

Hope that helps.

What this needs is a torrent. The guys have stated on their initial post that:

"Please be aware that there are NO plans for a torrent download at this stage so please refrain from asking for one."

I admire modders for the time and effort they put in and for the work they do but in this instance I cant understand why they wouldn't put up a torrent. It would be the most efficient way to distribute the work. Instead they state that:

'Please bear with us for alternate premium download links."

My conclusion from this is that they are out to make money from the number of people who download the file and in my view thats just wrong. Modding is done for the love of the game not money. In fact i would think that by using the images and names of players which are copyrighted they are in fact opening themselves up to potential legal action by those who own the copy-rights. I would think that for a free mod no one is going to care but once you step over the line into trying to make money from it you will open yourself up to a whole world of hurt.

My suggestion is that anyone who does have the file create a torrent despite their requests not to and it gets shared that way for free as it should be. Normally I would advocate respecting the rights of modders to choose how their work is used but the fundamental principle has to be that modding work is distributed freely and is thus entitled to respect on that basis. When someone steps out into the world of making money with it then tough luck if someone doesn't want to play by their rules.