favourite novels ?

oneunited

Reaction score
here are some personal favourites of mine ;)

The_Red_Pyramid_cover.jpg

The Red Pyramid

220px-Percy_Jackson_%26_the_Olympians_The_Lightning_Thief_poster.jpg

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

200px-Catching_fire.JPG

Hunger Games Trilogy

there are many (well my favourite books that I have read, fiction/non fiction etc etc).... I do enjoy my reading (sometimes)

The Hobbit (well and all the Lord of the Rings, but this was a Masterpiece)
the_hobbit.jpg

All Dan Browns Books...

Currently reading...
Truevali-Books-DanBrown_LostSymbol.jpg

read in the past:

da_vinci_code.jpg
digital-fortress.jpg
angelsdemons.jpg
0552151769.jpg

Michael Chreiton - Author of Jurassic Park (this book though)
n47173.jpg

Wilbur Smith (South African, Just like JRR Tolkien if you never knew that :D) he writes alot about the Bushveld and the tribes/racial etc etc, very good books)

992476_f520.jpg

9780312940775.jpg

there are a few more, cant think right now..

****'s sake, what's with the ***** novels (aside from the Hobbit!)!?

The Count of Monte Cristo
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
War and Peace
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Three Musketeers
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Robinson Crusoe
Anything by Jules Verne

People may think I'm sad but I don't read books, novels,magazines(excluding ****). **** I dont even read my textbooks

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
War and Peace
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Three Musketeers
Robinson Crusoe
Anything by Jules Verne

Chrsit Chaz, did you just find a list of the most famous Novels and work your way through them? XD

People may think I'm sad but I don't read books, novels,magazines(excluding ****). **** I dont even read my textbooks

and yet u get bemused when u fail ur exams XD

Last edited:

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
War and Peace
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Three Musketeers
Robinson Crusoe
Anything by Jules Verne

nice to see someone reading classics

my faves;
crime and punishment - fyodor doestyevsky
the wasp factory - iain banks
i'll read anything i consider a challenge or that will enrich my life beyond the drivel of dan brown, wilbur smith, jk frikkin rowling. i'm also into biography and non-fiction (art, history, quantum mechanics, sociology, philosophy) and cryptic crosswords

****'s sake, what's with the ***** novels
everyone has different tastes chaz, as the saying goes... "different strokes for different folks"
if we all liked the same things, life would be really boring, so hold back your comments in future bud!

I remember you mentioning you liked Black metal or something along those lines (i may be wrong) I cannot stand that noise... but I dont say its **** just because I dont like it, thats ignorant! and I know you are not.... :S

Chrsit Chaz, did you just find a list of the most famous Novels and work your way through them? XD

There's a reason people read them. And no, we usually had them all at home. I started off with the Flying Dutchman when I was 8 or so, and then worked my way through the classics. Just finished War and Peace and think I'll reread 1984 or the Count of Monte Cristo. The Count of Monte Cristo's my favourite book of all time :wub:

Everyone should read 'The Trial' by Franz Kafka. Great book.

Fair play if anyones ever read war and peace. Such a wank book.

everyone has different tastes chaz, as the saying goes... "different strokes for different folks"
if we all liked the same things, life would be really boring, so hold back your comments in future bud!

I remember you mentioning you liked Black metal or something along those lines (i may be wrong) I cannot stand that noise... but I dont say its **** just because I dont like it, thats ignorant! and I know you are not.... :S

I can agree with them being entertaining (****, I even indulge in the odd fantasy book), but I wouldn't call them quality novels. At least you didn't mention Twilight (6)

Dracula is a good novel too!

Heart of Darkness by Conrad is another favourite of mine.

Oh, and Oliver Twist. And Lord of The Flies.

hahaha, as I mentioned in my post, they are not Novels, they are books that I have enjoyed reading... I have read many more...

Shawshank Redemption, Shades, Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies...

Not sure if its a Novel or not but I have enjoyed reading Robert Muchamore's ; CHERUB series ,
I doubt it will suit many peoples tastes on here though ;)