FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

I'm going to try this soon but one thing I would say if you want everyone to start on an even playing field would be to get a save game where FC United have been promoted and upload it here so everyone can download it and use the same game.

Being a massive united fan myself..

i tried this in fm 11..but downloaded one of the lower league database's and started it from the evo stick league..

got them to league 1 but ran out of time because fm 12 was released!

started even lower this year with radcliffe borough..

just got them to league 2! its tough..but the most rewarding gamer you'l ever have! but im going to try this again with fc united :) will let you no how i get on!

Rangers, you are right however no game on Football Manager is ever the same anyways so having a slightly different starting position (and it will be very slight) only adds to the challenge in my opinion.

Im gonna try and do this, but im on fm11 still. So dunno if FC United will ever get promoted haha! But il wait a season or two and see if they do, if so then il give it a shot! :)

Quick update... Season 2... FC united fail promotion yet again... haha

Got tired of that and decided to re-start the league. FC united got promotion, The infamous Ricky Bobby is taking charge of the team, He is out to prove to English people that not all americans are dim witted idiots...

View attachment 208106View attachment 208107

Last edited:
Where is the download link?

Download link for what m8?

This challenge is simple, read the first page. You have to start with a manager, go on holiday for the season. FC United will get promoted then you create a new manager (Sunday Leaguer) and take over the FC management spot.

I dont think I understand then. FC United is not a actually club, will I have to create it myself in the editor? :D

No, they are a real club. FC United of Manchester. They exist, the fans of Manchester united created this club because of their distaste for the Glazer family. They start off below your playable leagues. But after 1 season they generally surface in the Blue Square Bet North league. You can search them in game by typing FC united of Manchester.

I'm 22 games into my first season in charge, currently lying 5th in the BSN - 5 points from top but my form's dipped a bit after my 8 game unbeaten run was brought to an end a couple of matches ago.
Been plagued with injuries in recent weeks too: my best AMR broke his arm; the same injury for my best CM in the very next match; and two of the three players who are half decent DRs both being sidelined for 2 months apiece (one with damaged ankle ligaments, the other with...you guessed it, a broken arm).

Cal

yeah injuries started to really affect my team too. I'm sitting in first in the BSN 2 points clear, but i'm on a 5 game winless streak.

I dont think I understand then. FC United is not a actually club, will I have to create it myself in the editor? :D

They are a club, they're just not in the leagues yet. Usually after 1 season they get promoted to them, you just holiday for a season.

yeah injuries started to really affect my team too. I'm sitting in first in the BSN 2 points clear, but i'm on a 5 game winless streak.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles, hopefully you'll get promoted still so I can put your update on the front page.

Woo! Injuries all but gone, back on form and sitting 4th in BSN. The only teams that are above me are those who were relegated from BSP last season.
My only gripe is this little piece of mail in my inbox: "After a meeting of the clubs directors, Ian Smart has informed you that he simply sees no point in creating any links with any other clubs at this point in time". That's the second time this season I've been told that, despite the board agreeing with it during the initial meeting.
Does anybody know if there are certain criteria that I need to fulfil in order to get a parent club?

Cheers,
Cal

Currently on fm11 still - yes I know i've got fm12, but someone's already got it for my xmas - stopping me being able to get it until then, so im stuck with it! I've went on holiday for 3 seasons and still FC United havn't been promoted. I tried again and went on holiday for another two and still no FC United. Do they ever get promoted in FM11?

Woo! Injuries all but gone, back on form and sitting 4th in BSN. The only teams that are above me are those who were relegated from BSP last season.
My only gripe is this little piece of mail in my inbox: "After a meeting of the clubs directors, Ian Smart has informed you that he simply sees no point in creating any links with any other clubs at this point in time". That's the second time this season I've been told that, despite the board agreeing with it during the initial meeting.
Does anybody know if there are certain criteria that I need to fulfil in order to get a parent club?

Cheers,
Cal

No idea mate, you're further into the challenge than I am lol

Cheers,
Cal

There will normally be two options for you to chose, Try them both. I got a parent club in the first season with FC united, and it was Bolton :). They sent me a couple loanee's, they were **** but ah well. Sometimes it's luck of the draw, if they go out and try to find one, they will look at loan options etc, if it is past your leagues loan deadline you won't get anything!

Thanks faulky, I'll try the other one next time I can ask for a parent club.

Injuries have come back to haunt me again...my two top scorers just got injured in my last match and are both out for the rest of the season! I'm now left with reserve strikers for the remaining fixtures :(
I'm currently in 4th place in BSN, and need 8 points from my last 5 games to secure a play-off spot. I've got the FA Trophy final against Kidderminster to deal with too... I feel like I'm being robbed of a really great chance at promotion. Ohhhh the anger!