FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

Need one point from my last two games to secure a play-off spot. However, I've just had another striker injury!
Thankfully he's only going to miss one game, but my best CM got a straight red in the same match for a "horror tackle". The way the media were questioning me about it suggests he's going to be out for 3 games which means I'll have to play the remaining two matches of the regular season and the play-off semi without him.
I swear this game is out to get me :p

I was against the glaziers....then they let us spend over 50 million in the summer transfer window......this solved my issues......until next year lol!

create a new game , go on vacation for a season and then create a new manager , looks for the Blue Square North and FC United of Manchester isn't in the list of blue north premier clubs :(

Going to take on this challenge. I'll crack on with it tonight and give you's an update tomorrow. Doing it by holidaying for a year and taking over FC United hoping they get promoted....

I'm using the extended DB, so in Evostik Prem. Managed to get promoted through playoff's. Made a schoolboy error, got my Assistant Manager to handle contact renewals, to find that I didn't have an Assistant Manager so lost half my squad! Managed to get a decent new team who should do the business in BS North.

Took two seasons of being on holiday till they got promoted to the BSN...

After 7 games, I've won 3 and lost four. 15th place.

Media prediction is 17th.

Anyone know how I can add the real kit and crest? Or is it too late?

BTW, I'm kinda new to these challenges, so not sure what screen shots I should post up. If anyone can advise, please do so. Currently on a nice 4 match unbeaten run. Chairman looking to leave too so takeover coming my way. Found two or three stars in the making! :p

BTW, I'm kinda new to these challenges, so not sure what screen shots I should post up. If anyone can advise, please do so. Currently on a nice 4 match unbeaten run. Chairman looking to leave too so takeover coming my way. Found two or three stars in the making! :p

ehup keano, good job! As for the real kits and badges, they are available in the kits, skins, and facepack section of this forum, just go and download the complete english pack and you'll get the FC united one. As for kits you can do the same thing, but i asked Hermanchies through his kit request to get a set for me. You can go and find my post on that forum for the kits that i use and use those as well.

so what files do i need to get then and can you explain briefly how I upload them? :)

sorry for the questions, just kinda new to the modding of the game.

Interesting challenge though and enjoying it. After 14 games, I'm 7th with 24 points. In the first round of the fa cup too.

Edit: The FC United badge wasn't in the file I downloaded, nor the kit....

Last edited:
(Logos) England - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats > Get the mega pack.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/kits/77629-hermanchides-kit-request-thread-137.html > one set of Manchester FC kits - Actually theres two on that page. The second set are the one that I use. Neither of them are their official jerseys.

I can't remember where i found the official ones...sorry pal.

To install them, you'll need to ....

My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM 2012 > CREATE FOLDER "Graphics" > Create Folders "Kits" "Logos" > place kits in "kits" and logos in "logos"

Then you'll load up your game, go into preferences, untick the "use skin cache" box then hit confirm, then YAY :) your images should be in the game!

Ah it doesn't work. Screw it.... thanks anyways.

Finished first season. No trophies, no awards, 14th in the League. Going to try a few things now to prepare for the next season. Chairman also announced that a new stadium will be built in two years,

Actually it's working now :p

Latest...

Signed a few players who I think will make a big difference for the next season. Media prediction is 15th. Really came away from the tracks after November last season, found it a lot harder. So tried to stabilise the training and coaching too to try and help the players.

Well... things going great so far into the second season. 9 games, two defeats (on the road) and 6 wins.

New signings all doing very nicely. My new striker has hit 8 goals in 9 games, so thats looking like my best bit of business so far in this save. 3rd in the table, 5 points from the top. Telford leading the way with Droyslden in second, on 20 points

Suffered from second season syndrome somewhat. My star striker ended up with 19 goals, but considering he was absent for a total of 14 weeks, I'm chuffed with him. Defence is the big problem. Need a quality centre back. Anyway, back to the drawing board in pre-season and hopefully I can charge up the table. Finished 17th by the way.

Offered a one year contract extension. Stadium to be ready in a year and finances aren't what the should be... I think I'm giving out a bit too many wages. Time to offload the dead wood and bring in some fresh faces. Plan to alter my tactics too...

Anyone else doing this challenge?

Mixing it witht he big boys at the top of the BSN right now. Big win over Altrincham to send me into the play off area.

18 games gone and 32 points. Tweaked tactics now for certain games and really bolstered the defence

I am taking part in the challenge, just on and off. I'm more involved in my cardiff save atm. keep the updates going though

cool. how you getting on?

just creeped into playoff spot now. so far so good. need to pick up some points in my next few games. next 5 feature 4 of the teams above me ???

also faced droylsden 11 times in 2 and a half seasons!

Ahhh it's getting tight!!! 34 games played and I'm in 4th on 58 points. Had about a 4 or 5 game slump but got a much needed 3-0 win against Cambridge C.

Clinging on to play off places. I MIGHT just get up to the BSP this season, if not, I'm very confident I'll do it in the next. I'll keep you posted....

need 4 points from my last 2 games. nuneaton (3rd) and wokington (10th)

AHHHH