FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

haha mine was called after the same man! 8500 seater packed out every week!

Getting ****** financially on wages paying 48k with a budget of 40k and the board have been complaining about it non stop for 3 years!

haha now im a legend but i have to wait 20 years for a stadium cos of him :( im on 240k wages a week as well! they complained to me as well but when i got promoted i got my wage budget to 260k and all is good now :)

I just jumped from the San Marino challenge to this challenge in a save. Took over FC United in 2020 (staying as San Marino national team manager because apparently I enjoy getting buttraped in Euro and WC qualifiers). Got promoted on the first season, doing well in BSP but was really hoping the team would turn pro upon going up to BSP. I've taken BSN/S teams to the Premier league in past years of FM and usually they would turn pro upon promotion to BSP. I am hoping they turn pro when I get promoted to League 2 or I'm humped.

View attachment 258316
Halfway through the season, 2nd place 1 point behind 1st with a game in hand.
The board expects me to win the league even though the media prediction for the team is 18th. -.-

How can I find the final result in league table in earlier years if I am a few years into the game?

2015/16:

League Table:

Transfers:

Best 11:

Last edited:
2017/18:

A very good season has come to and end. We made it to the Playoff final against Hull and lost in a penalty shoot-out. I was actually kinda hoping that we would not gain promotion due to the fact that we only have a stadium with room for 5.800 spectators and I simply don't think that is enough to make it in Premier League.

Besides finishing in the top of the league table, we also has some success in the FA cup were we were knocked out by Arsenal in the 6th round.

Season Summary:
View attachment 259965

League Table:
View attachment 259966

Transfers:
View attachment 259967

Best 11:
View attachment 259968

it happens :( I'm still in league 1 in play off with 10 games left :O

Not as impressive as you lot but second season into my challenge. Holiday the first year so FC United would get into the BSN. Nearly halfway through the season, i'm finally on top of the BSP league. Made a lot of mistakes like signing players on long term contracts and finding them hard to get rid off =.= too used to managing a premier league team and wanting to keep players on long term contracts.

I'll post screenshots in a few days on holiday atm played a few games while waiting at the terminal for my flight :)

How did you guys manage to get a parent club? I requested it every 6 months for the past 2 years but my board is yet to find a suitable club :(

Unfortunately it seems like this challenge is dead. There has been no update of the Hall of Fame for ages, so I will just stop uploading screenshots.

I promoted to premier league and survived my first season there with a safe mid-table position. I signed a few new players to defense and midfield, but the main part of my team is still the young talents I signed when playing in championship.

My biggest problems right now are:
- the young players I get into the team each year are so bad, that I can't use them for anything, so I have no players that are home grown.

- my stadium has a capacity of 12.500 which is far from enough, but the local authorities reject my plans for expanding the stadium further?

Started this finally today :)

bout 15 games into the first season,i started with the lower league database so im in the evo stick premier division,Going well so far...Top of the league,Won in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round,Got a few matches to win before the 1st round so i hope i can make it that far! will do a mid season update or something later on!

First premiership season finished 15 points clear in 13th! Board are expanding stadium to around 15,000 but I was packing 20,000 into the DW Stadium while my current stadium was getting renovated to comply with premiership capacity regulations

Just made the championship :) trying to sign players that could push for promotion but for less than 2k a week is pretty hard I'm finding :O using the same strikers as I had thru leagues 1 and 2. I hope they are championship material, but somehow I doubt it :p