FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

Hello everyone, I've been playing this challenge for a while now and been following everyone's progress on here so I thought it was about time that I post how far I've got.

I'm just about to start the 24/25 season in the prem. I managed to reach the prem back in 21/22 but got relegated but managed to go straight back up as championship winners. Above all odds I managed to clinch 7th and get a Euro qualification place.

I've also just been offered the Man Utd job, thought it was quite funny.

I'll keep posting and hope everyone is getting on ok.

Had to start my FC one again, rather ****** off seeing as I was 9 points clear at the top of League 2 with 4 games to go! Just gonna scout like **** for some new players, as I'll walk the first 2 leagues that way.

I saw this challenge a couple days ago and decided to give it a go as I really enjoyed taking Southport up in FM 11. I struggled badly at the start of the season; losing a few games in a row. I tried using some downloaded tactics to help but that didn't work so I made my own tactic of how I wanted the team to play and started beasting up the table. Got to the third round of the FA Cup then got knocked out by Carlisle *facepalm*, however, continued up the table with an unbeaten record of 20 till I came up against Histon! I was so close to beating the record of 22 games unbeaten :( BUT I won the BSN Title and got promoted to the BSP :)

View attachment 244742

Just started this challeneg and luckily, FC United got promoted first time round. My first seasons transfers will post updates when I get to January of league position and any transfers I make!

Good luck ben !! I just finished my first season in L2, finished mid table :( was a disappointing season, but my FA Cup run was good got to 4th round :) got knocked out by our Fierce rivals Man U grrrrrr

Started the challenge with 2 successive promotions! now im top of blue square prem 20 games in! My players are getting very greedy though, many which were on €80-200 are now demanding over €1000 now so its getting tougher financially. What is everyones thoughts as regards building a new stadium? Asked for one and a 5000 seater should be done by 2017. Im pulling about 2000 fans per game and hopefully will be able to fill it out by time its built so extensions will have to be done!

Wow im in the league above you and they won't even left me scout outside the UK let alone a new stadium !! you lucky dog :p

I light of you getting a new stadium I asked the board and hey presto being built :) they took out a loan tho of 4 mill :S but happy days gonna be a 6.5K seater :) but still no scouting outside of the UK :(

Anyone making it up around Championship/Premier level and realizing that your screwed as far as Youth Recruiting goes, at least for a bit? I can't get the board to put more money into Recruitment. I was gonna complain, then I really thought about it, and I'm in the same area as Manchester United and Manchester City, so getting great regen's I imagine is gonna be next to impossible, since I'm not near the rep to hang with those two.

Looks like its scouring for U18's from elsewhere to fill up the system.

Anyone making it up around Championship/Premier level and realizing that your screwed as far as Youth Recruiting goes, at least for a bit? I can't get the board to put more money into Recruitment. I was gonna complain, then I really thought about it, and I'm in the same area as Manchester United and Manchester City, so getting great regen's I imagine is gonna be next to impossible, since I'm not near the rep to hang with those two.

Looks like its scouring for U18's from elsewhere to fill up the system.

Just buy players at the age of 17.. By the time they are 20 they will be home-grown at club.. That's what I do.

League 1 here we come :) just managed to get automatic promotion due to a captains goal in the 80th min :D

I've tried over 10 times to holiday through the season but everytime i try they dont get promoted, any ideas?

what I did mate before the new season started and teams went to their promoted divisions/relegated divisions ECT Save your game, then continue your game till the teams go up and down. If FC united are not there reload and continue again :)