FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

congrats mr Warne for promotion to League 1. I expect Championship by time i next see :)

So now in league 2 and works finally started on my stadium as previously stated but its been upped to 8,000 seater. As regards transfers how is everyone doing it? im in league 2 and havent paid a transfer fee as of yet and am just working off free agents

Honestly, I stuck with free's and loans until I got into the Championship. You *really* need to get players to your tactic and stick to that. I've gotten outstanding performances with teams that shouldn't have gone anywhere, just because they played just to what I needed them to. Even getting into the EPL, I haven't spend over 3mil on a player. I live off of other team's scraps and spending my transfer budget on all youth players to build up myself. Also pretty much make most of my income by buying more youth players than I'm ever gonna need and selling off most of them for profit.

Its a necessisity since if you set everything up right, you can run up the ranks faster than your rep/stadium seating/ticket prices can keep you in business.

give us an update guys. Very interested in season. As a Man utd fan I was going to do this but give them a funds injection by increasing fan base, future sponsorship ect without going overboard.

i read this a couple of weeks ago n have tried it, had about 4 attempts at just the first bit (waiting 4 fc united 2 get promoted haha) will be defo keep trying tho it sounds like 1 of the best challenges iv read n im looking forward to it

So just got offered the chelsea job after 3 constitutive promotions with fc united! Turned down the 44k per week and 40mil transfer budget for a new €950 contract ;) As regards league position Im top by 5 points heading into christmas now.

For those that are interested Im actually do this save on my youtube channel now, releasing monthly updates and live comms: IWCPlays - YouTube

30 games into league 1 season and im just around the playoffs! Gonna be tough this year!

started this and after consecutive promotions im into npower league 1, its getting really tough now financially to get players and the teams reputation is still pretty low :( getting a new 9k seater stadium though :) npower league 1 is really hard atm :(

bin workin my **** off on this challenge, iv bin promoted every seasonup 2 the champonship but only just managed 2 stay up on my last season n i think the next season is gunna b even harder, not enough players are interested in joinin my club. the board are building a new stadium at last aswell but now have a loan on 19 mill 2 repay

In League 1 after 5 seasons. not doing to well haha

Just got promoted to the championship but im overspending on wages and dont have any transfer budget so times are getting tough! hopefully i can get some good loans next season! Anyone had the dream cup tie vs Man United?

im in the same situation irishwelshcelt, im overspending wages by 5k, just got promoted to championship so im hoping pl next season! ive been promoted every year so far

Been playing this save for a long time now and have got quite far in it, dont know how you guys could afford a stadium in league 1 or 2 i was struggling a lot financially in those times, but a few quick promotions into the championship is just what you need and then the hard work of building a team good enough for the PL begins, my current squad is coming to an end after my first back-to-back titles and looking forward to rebuilding it.
View attachment 257613View attachment 257614

the club just got a 9,000 seater stadium built after legend karl marginson, i just got promoted into the premier league so will this affect my finances and when can i build a bigger better stadium instead of a ****** 9,000 seater one?

the club just got a 9,000 seater stadium built after legend karl marginson, i just got promoted into the premier league so will this affect my finances and when can i build a bigger better stadium instead of a ****** 9,000 seater one?
haha mine was called after the same man! 8500 seater packed out every week!

Getting ****** financially on wages paying 48k with a budget of 40k and the board have been complaining about it non stop for 3 years!

Going to start this challenge today. Any tips and recommendations?
Do you guys sign your u18 team players up or will they jst eat up the wage bill?

Been needing a new challenge,Going to start this so will post here :)

Got one of those lower league databases so going to start it straight into the league they start in,Long road ahead!.

Been needing a new challenge,Going to start this so will post here :)

Got one of those lower league databases so going to start it straight into the league they start in,Long road ahead!.

let me know how you get on :) I holiday the first season. They're now in the Blue Square Bet North League, June 2012. Searching for players are taking awhile. Hopefully get a decent parent club :D