Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Stop teams with 10 men beating 11 men 90% of the time.

Just lost to a team in a lower division in a cup game 2-0, they had a player straight red carded in the 4th minute. I had 4 CCC's to 0. And 6 shots on Target to 2 and yet they scored with both their shots on target.

And this happens ALOT. not just a one time thing, this is just a taste of it.

Better pressing when the opposition has the ball. Getting the ball back fast is integral to some of the best tactics around (Barcelona, Ajax and Holland's total football).

Another suggestion could be, to be able to sign a 'secondary goalkeeper'.

So, you're signing a goalkeeper who knows he'll only get a game once in a blue moon, say if there is any injury or whatever.

Another suggestion could be, to be able to sign a 'secondary goalkeeper'.

So, you're signing a goalkeeper who knows he'll only get a game once in a blue moon, say if there is any injury or whatever.

Is this not what squad status is for? You have your main keeper and when you're offering a contract to what's going to be your secondary keeper, you set his squad status as "rotation" or "backup".

Another one:

I play online with some people. I would like it to do the following:

If game data is changed, via Genie Scout or FMRTE, Have the game give a message to all users that 'Game data has been changed'

Sometimes they get frustrated even if they're listed as backup. In my first season with Wigan Mike Pollitt was frustrated after 2 months for not being a starter, he's 39, a backup and has only played 36 games with Wigan since 2005. (He was loaned out to Ipswich and Burnley in that time but both as a backup)

Make the team talks and player reactions a bit more realistic. Often I have chosen the appropriate team talk choice and all of them get a bad or "red" reaction. Gets on my nerves. Also, A lot more questions during press conferences its the same thing every signing and every week on 2012. Maybe a manager avatar? So you can make your manager a little more personal by making him look the way you want him too, personally this would add a little bit more realism in the game and also have so you can actually see him in 3D Views and your staff/Players on the bench and touchline. I know that has already been mentioned but still, last but not least another thing I'd like to see included in 2013 is actual training coming into it, I have set my less-clinical finishers to have shooting/finishing practice in training, and yet, their finishing stat never seems to go up and in the games themselves nothing seems to change they miss open goals...etc.

Last edited:
With media interviews you should be able to choose the answers with a selected tone of voice for each question like you do with private chats, etc. I think this would help to develop your personality percieved by the media.

It would be awesome if you could form links with other teams by transfers,
let's say that I buy Carlos Fierro & Erick Torres; it would be cool if there was an option to form a link between the two clubs, atleast a proposal to do so.

Work permits should be much much much much much more lenient, in practicality what player gets turned down a work permit and/or an appeal nowadays?!?!

Having the pre-season fixtures like in real life just like Chelsea FC playing in USA for the Herbalife Soccer Challenge Tournament. Apply for other teams too. I guessed it will be more realistic and fun!

General rework of private chat has been mentioned a lot of times here, but what I think that should be added there is an option to try to persuade a player being on a loan in your team to make the move permanent.

Also, players sitting in some team in reserves and not playing shouldn't be refusing even negotiating a contract or a loan offer from some team which just has lower reputation. Maybe an option to talk to agent or player to persuade them (e.g. "You'd easily become a key player in our team while you don't get any play time here"), the same could apply to any player refusing negotiating a contract (e.g. offering him a lot of money or stating your vision or plans etc.)

Plus you could time from time get a message in your inbox that certain player has decided to end career in his home country or would prefer ending it in his beloved club, even at cost of lower wages.

Yeah, and also option for Training Focus: Weaker foot, so your player would be able to strike the ball with his weaker foot decently if he had to.

Last edited:
Work permits should be much much much much much more lenient, in practicality what player gets turned down a work permit and/or an appeal nowadays?!?!
Pretty much half the youngsters Arsenal try to sign from South America. There's Joel Campbell, Galindo, Botelho, Wellington who all can't get contracts and there's been the likes of Vela who couldn't get one before.

I know this could make the game a bit dull if you got stuck with one, but maybe the director of football role should be made more realistic in regards to certain clubs having a director of football sort transfers. There would probably have to be some compromise between the reality and the game (ie you tell them what areas you need strengthened and they give you a list of players for each position for you to choose from) so that clubs with directors of football weren't really dull to play.

Also I like the idea of having club CEOs of differing ability e.g. Paul Faulkner recently negotiated a very lucrative shirt deal for Aston Villa even with recent problems on the field. This may already be the case, but I can't say I've picked up on it if it is. It would also be good if this caused chairmen firing/hiring CEOs on their decisions and how they affect the club which would change the dynamics of the game a bit. E.g. Gazidis taking over from Dein changed some financial strategies which many supporters aren't happy with.

I know both of these suggestions could actually cause great frustration, but i'm sure there could be compromises in there to bring that extra level of realism without an impact on the fun of the game.

I'd like to see either the actual German team or the ability to sign fake German players on a free because some of those players are quality

I'd also like to have the same kind of attributes as other managers have (i.e. man mangement, defence coaching, etc.) and be able to improve these stats by completing challenges like in the Fifa Be a Pro thingy.

What about planning a tour for your tem to go on.

Eg Man Utd tour to South Africa Etc?

Think the starting game strategy should be improved, I've noticed the only tactics which work really well are attacking strategy tactics. Should be able to perform better with counter or contain as the teams starting strategy.

When you make substitutions and then have to wait till the ball goes off, then the other team scores. If the other team scores you should have the ability to cancel the subs. I was winning 1-0 against Man Utd with Bradford. I plan to bring on 3 defenders/ midfielders for my strikers. They then score two goals before my subs go on and you cant undo the subs!

Quick suggestions for FM 2013 to make it even more great

Few things I would add:

1. for players: "Not available for friendlies". I cannot let my assistant do it for me as he often selects players for friendlies who I would not want to play.
It's the most important, I hope someone reads it. Can you guys make this option, please?

2. In Tactics -> Player Instuctions you always have to change the instructions if you bring a player on (ha uses the same instructions as the other player). Is it possible to make instructions for players not for all the players on the same positions?

3. In Tactics -> Team Instuctions I would welcome an option for Automatic time wasting. Let's say we are leading by two goals, then my team could waste more time, or something. Or none, if losing the game. :)

4. When you watch Full match (as I often do when a big match is on) it takes too much time when the ball is off the field. Can you skip it? I would suggest an option: "Full match with the ball on the field" (or similar).

5. The commets are too quick during matches. An option would be nice to slow them down a bit (for example by selecting out all the not so informative ones such as "your team gets the game under way" and such).

6. In Set piece Creator I cannot place players whereever I want. At least I could use more options where to put them such as "manmark the opposition forward when we have a corner" and so on...

7. I would like to totally switch off Champions League infos. They just slows down my game for nothing as I manage a small team (in England BSBP).

8. I'd like to see more options to make some money when you manage small teams in lower leagues. I'd hate to always be fired just because I can't make money. Anyway, I wonder how AI does it with other clubs. I guess, they somehow just don't have money problems.

9. In Fixtures: I usually have to scroll up or down to see the next few matches. I would like it to show it automatically when I go there.
In addition, I few more quick info would be great there on the opposition (league position, form, number of players injured, how many days past since last match, ...)

10. In Finances: Please, show the last (at least) 3 years' Summary (expenditure, income, salary). I think it's not only me who wants to compare the previous years (it's great to have 'last season" stats, but I think it should be more). The best would be to show all the previous years if I want.

Thanks a lot! Keep up the great work. I love you all for making this wonderful game. :-D