Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

I think you should be able to takeover team and become the chairman with your earnings
More realistic finances so teams can't spend more than their earning like new financial rules
Beable to watch training sessions and training matches
managers and players personal life
more realistic transfer fees - dortmund would sell gotze for 30 mill probs not reject 60 mill and they would sell a player for his value in last year of contract
more realistic wage demands - player wouldn't want more money to join a smaller team when hes on transfer list
different uinstruction for different parts of pitch and better more in depth player instructions

Agree with all these points.Would LOVE to become a chairman

1. Multiball system. It takes so long to resume play if someone kicked the ball into the stands!
2. Referees should be able to be punished for fatal mistakes, especially in bigger tournaments, so when you criticise the ref and replays show that you're right and the referee's wrong, instead of staying silent FA should suspend the referee for some amount of time or matches.
3. FIFA Manager of the Year and FIFA Puskas (Goal of the Year) awards would be nice stuffs to add.
4. Ability to negotiate sponsorship deals, rather than just given at the start of the season.
5. Ability to set ticket prices, at least for bigger matches.
6. Ability to expand national stadium. It's not nice if you manage a national team who plays in a small national stadium that no single club uses as its homebase and you can't expand it when you start achieving more with the national team.
7. Every nation should be able to propose a host bid for major tournaments once they meet the infrastructure requirements (for World Cup, for example, any nation should be able to bid once they have 10-12 stadiums with 40000+ seats, 1-2 of them 80000+ seats, completed or to be completed before the World Cup date), instead of seeing the same countries bidding over and over again. And if you are a very reputable manager and your country is making a host bid, then you should be able to back it.
8. New rivalries that could form within several years. For instance, if you manage Rotherham United and went on to reach the Premiership and are on a title race with Arsenal then Arsenal should be Rotherham's new rival, especially as their home shirts are almost identical.

1. Multiball system. It takes so long to resume play if someone kicked the ball into the stands!
2. Referees should be able to be punished for fatal mistakes, especially in bigger tournaments, so when you criticise the ref and replays show that you're right and the referee's wrong, instead of staying silent FA should suspend the referee for some amount of time or matches.
3. FIFA Manager of the Year and FIFA Puskas (Goal of the Year) awards would be nice stuffs to add.
4. Ability to negotiate sponsorship deals, rather than just given at the start of the season.
6. Ability to expand national stadium. It's not nice if you manage a national team who plays in a small national stadium that no single club uses as its homebase and you can't expand it when you start achieving more with the national team.
7. Every nation should be able to propose a host bid for major tournaments once they meet the infrastructure requirements (for World Cup, for example, any nation should be able to bid once they have 10-12 stadiums with 40000+ seats, 1-2 of them 80000+ seats, completed or to be completed before the World Cup date), instead of seeing the same countries bidding over and over again. And if you are a very reputable manager and your country is making a host bid, then you should be able to back it.
8. New rivalries that could form within several years. For instance, if you manage Rotherham United and went on to reach the Premiership and are on a title race with Arsenal then Arsenal should be Rotherham's new rival, especially as their home shirts are almost identical.

Number one is a must.

Not too bothered about 2.

3, yeah, why not.

4, no.

5, NO.

6, no.

7, agree about more diversity need in hosting the WC.

8, agree but it should be carefully placed in. At least 5-10 years before it becomes a rivalry.

The crowd shouldn't be going wild when the away team scores.

You should be able to cancel a substitution because its really annoying when you're about to sub a player but then he scores? And vary the questions and answers in a press-conference because they get really boring as they are the same all the time -.-

Some brilliant ideas, you just need to tone down on the WC bids as the stadium requirements are silly 2 60,000+ seaters and 6-8 other 40,000+ stadiums but point 4 isn't that viable and ticket prices might put people off.

have to say, That FM is a manager simulator, your kind of pushing it into the ownership front with 4 and 5 as it isn't the managers job.

Maybe the ability to do something with your salary.... so countries as quatar will be attractive in a way..

and i have always pledged for a 'form' stat, which boosts players attributes a bit when they are in form, so a national coach wouldnt go only for names, but also for players in form.

I have two ideas
Players should be more motivated by money.You never get transfers like Samuel Eto'o to Anji or Nicolas Anelka to Shanghai.If a big-name player doesn't want to join you there should be an option to 'promise more money',and,if you promise him enough,he'll join you.
In Brazil sometimes sponsors pay clubs money to sign big-name players or pay wages,so - if you really want to get a big name player to sign a new contract or you desperately want to sign a player - you should be able to ask your sponsor to pay 10%/20%/30%/40% or 50% of the players contract/transfer fee.
Oh and you should be able to design your kit for every season,or a big international tournament if your managing an international team.

Last edited:
1. Be able to see your attributes like you can with other managers.
2. The 'short term plans' should be able to be changed depending on how your teams form is going. E.G If your on a bad run you should be able to change it from 'no immediate plans' to 'considering his options' etc. As well as your general happiness at the club.
3. Team talks and morale have too much impact over results.
4. Better relationships with players and staff with more things to talk about.
5. Be able to spend your salary on things. Not useless things to the game like cars, but things like Spanish lessons if your managing in Spain but your English. This should help improve team talks etc. Coaching lessons aswell to help improve stats(these shouldn't be overpowered. Just something for us to spend our wages on. Maybe even purchasing agents which help to apply for jobs and settle contract offers, maybe a better agent gives you more chance of getting the job. Like coolsharpei said, those offers for Asia or America maybe much more tempting if you know you can do something with your money.
6. Job interviews where you discuss transfer budgets, transfer targets, staff and season objectives.
7. More storylines involving transfer sagas like Carlos Tevez, and off the pitch stories like affairs.
8. Less INJURIES!!!
9. If you overachieve with a club in a season and your job security is 'untouchable', this shouldn't be reset the next season, forgotten, and then you are sacked, your success should be remembered and taken into consideration.
10. Transfers need re-tuning, also more interaction with your transfer targets E.G making them promises. You could then run the risk of 'tapping them up'.
11. When you spend ages trying to agree a deal with the club only to find out the player isn't interested in entering negotiations. You should at least be able to try and persuade them with a massive contract like Man.City, PSG, MLS teams.
12. Why do all of my staff end up leaving for a weaker team but when I try and hire a coach from a much weaker team they're not even interested.
13. Improved match engine.

One of my regens broke his wrist playing in the World Cup. Now playing a pre-season match, and his starting condition was 94%, now at half time he's at 58%. Surely a fractured wrist wouldn't affect your condition that much? I'd like to see these minor injuries having more of a realistic affect to condition.

For the editor to be able to select teams for continental comps by league not just winner of or top division, and before anyone points out you can use specific I know but this just gives the same teams every season.

For the editor to be able to select teams for continental comps by league not just winner of or top division, and before anyone points out you can use specific I know but this just gives the same teams every season.

i love this idea, i've always wondered what would happen if there was a champions league mark 2 where it takes all the promoted teams from the second tiers of europe.

5. Be able to spend your salary on things. Not useless things to the game like cars, but things like Spanish lessons if your managing in Spain but your English. This should help improve team talks etc. Coaching lessons aswell to help improve stats(these shouldn't be overpowered. Just something for us to spend our wages on. Maybe even purchasing agents which help to apply for jobs and settle contract offers, maybe a better agent gives you more chance of getting the job. Like coolsharpei said, those offers for Asia or America maybe much more tempting if you know you can do something with your money.
That is the best idea I've seen on this thread as I wouldn't want to spend money on stuff like cars but learning languages and getting an agent to help apply for jobs would be brilliant.

Following on from my last post one thing I would love to be able to do is to change the kits! Design a new kit for the new season, arrange sponsors etc etc.

Following on from my last post one thing I would love to be able to do is to change the kits! Design a new kit for the new season, arrange sponsors etc etc.

Not really sure why it hasn't happened, technically, already. The short lived Football Manager Live had the ability to choose your style of kit and colours. I guess it all comes down to licensing issues.

The main thing that annoys me with football manager 12 is the transfers! for example, i put in a £45 million pound bid in for Neymar, and Santos asked for £123 million, which is so unrealistic, and also, the computer gets players cheaper then you, as i put a £30 million pound bid in for a player, which was rejected, then he was sold to a computer team for £17 million which makes no sense at all, and your players only sell for the asking price or maybe £2-3 million extra :/ so football manager 13 needs much more realistic transfers

Better network games, shouldn't have to use a second party program to play one