Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Less Racism. I am Welsh and therefor choose my nationality as Welsh and started a game as Man UTD, after 10 years of constant success with Man Utd and winning a world cup and euro international championship with Spain I applied for the vaccant England Managers job. They will not hire me no matter how many times I apply yet Brazil, France, Argentina, Italy etc. have no problem approaching me constantly about taking over their national sides.

+ i have also tried resigning from Spain and Manchester United before I apply etc. and they still will not take me no matter what.

I want better news conferences and better celabrations ffs i win UEFA cup with dinamo zagreb or champhions league with liverpool
and they just write "fans are delighted" and on conferences same old questions.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but a bit of an overhaul on the training system. Instead of just choosing what you want your players to focus on, i.e. Attacking, Defending etc, you should be able to select certain drills to form your schedules. For example, Barcelona use the rondo a lot (piggy in the middle essentially (kind of)). This drill will then focus on a player's passing, first touch, technique, decisions and so on. Or if you wanted your team to play a more physical style, use drills that will help those core attributes. Using these schedules will help you implement your own philosophy and style at the club, and influence how the team perform and play on matchday.

I'd like if they added a slider for pressing, rather than just Press More of Stand-Off.

What i wanna see > football stars kids as special regens > like : Luca Celico Leite (Kaka son) , Jorge , Hugo ,Hector and Mateo Gonzalez ( Raul sons ) Beckham sons , Christian and Daniel Maldini ( who already signed with Milan and play for Milan youth teams ) and other superstars kids or Aguerro kids (cause from what i know he is married with Maradona daughter )

and instead of "could be next xxxxx" to appear son of xxxx ..... this will be much better than only random regens.

This thread doesn't mean much anymore since SI have announced stuff about FM13 so we will only get our say again for FM14 now.

Do you think that the option of applying to be regens in the future on Football Manager games will ever happen again, as I remember they used to do this years ago on the Football Manager games. It would be pretty cool if they brought this back, along with normal regens as well.

A more in depth scouting network. For Example " Marek Hamsik would bring well needed playmaker skills and off the ball he is threat anywhere on the ground. He is able to adapt quickly and he would give us an edge against rivals. He would be a great signing and we should do everything in our power to sign him." That would be awesome to have with scout reports along with in game highlights. Do you agree? I think that would be awesome!

I really hope that SI will improve the match engine in terms of tactic. Personally, i would like the next FM series can accommodate the modern sweeper role, so the four man defense can turn into three man defense when the team are in possession. This role is quite important for those who like to build up their attack from the back / playing possession football. In terms of tactical view, seems like this is the only role that the FM 12 didn't have, or to be precise, we can't find the right tweaks so that the intended player can play exactly like modern sweeper.

And also, i don't really want my centre-back to go forward when the throw in is taken close to the penalty area (zone 16 -18). It's really annoys me because i have so many players going forward which will make the team very vulnerable against counter attack. I've told my centre-back to "stay at the back" but he just won't listen.

Don't really know if SI will ever read this post or even responded to it by making some changes, just want to lay out what's in my mind.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but a bit of an overhaul on the training system. Instead of just choosing what you want your players to focus on, i.e. Attacking, Defending etc, you should be able to select certain drills to form your schedules. For example, Barcelona use the rondo a lot (piggy in the middle essentially (kind of)). This drill will then focus on a player's passing, first touch, technique, decisions and so on. Or if you wanted your team to play a more physical style, use drills that will help those core attributes. Using these schedules will help you implement your own philosophy and style at the club, and influence how the team perform and play on matchday.

Great idea, this will definitely help those who like their team to play a certain style. I my self would like my team to be able to play the full pressing game. And to do this, we need a bunch of players who have good determination, teamwork and workrate, and these three attributes was hardly improve using the current training system.

A more in depth scouting network. For Example " Marek Hamsik would bring well needed playmaker skills and off the ball he is threat anywhere on the ground. He is able to adapt quickly and he would give us an edge against rivals. He would be a great signing and we should do everything in our power to sign him." That would be awesome to have with scout reports along with in game highlights. Do you agree? I think that would be awesome!

This also a great idea.

Last edited:
In the team report I'd like to be able to ask assistants who's most suited for different player roles based on attributes.
for example if i want to play with sweeper but nobody has that position I want to see who's attributes are best suited for this.

I really hope that SI will improve the match engine in terms of tactic. Personally, i would like the next FM series can accommodate the modern sweeper role, so the four man defense can turn into three man defense when the team are in possession. This role is quite important for those who like to build up their attack from the back / playing possession football. In terms of tactical view, seems like this is the only role that the FM 12 didn't have, or to be precise, we can't find the right tweaks so that the intended player can play exactly like modern sweeper.

And also, i don't really want my centre-back to go forward when the throw in is taken close to the penalty area (zone 16 -18). It's really annoys me because i have so many players going forward which will make the team very vulnerable against counter attack. I've told my centre-back to "stay at the back" but he just won't listen.

Don't really know if SI will ever read this post or even responded to it by making some changes, just want to lay out what's in my mind.

Great idea, this will definitely help those who like their team to play a certain style. I my self would like my team to be able to play the full pressing game. And to do this, we need a bunch of players who have good determination, teamwork and workrate, and these three attributes was hardly improve using the current training system.

This also a great idea.

Strongly agree with everything written there, and please oh please let the modern tiki-taka be possible. I've tread multiple tiki-taka formations, numerous times, and although i have finally achieved barcelona-esque success with it few weeks back, the number of completed passes is very tough, and therefore the possession is never higher than 72% even if luck is on my side. And against similar-rated teams I can't dominate the game fully. 65% is the best possible.

And also in the match stats I'd like you guys to include "team passes completed"
And by that i mean the NUMBER (not pass completion rate) of passes completed BY THE WHOLE TEAM, not individuals.

if they could add some more interesting question when being asked by the magazines or else .but it is good as already :)

When managing in a foriegn country, press confrencies and interviews should be done in that nations language and if you dont understand a question then there should be a option to use an interpetor, but if you have to use one then the press can pick up on the fact you cant speak the language.

This might seem a little contentious given that FM is a family type game, but what about some of the more unsavoury parts of football being included? One thing I have noticed through playing FM a lot is that there are no fights between players anymore. Players can be red carded for bad challenges & professional fouls etc, but since the introduction of the enhanced graphics of the newer versions of the game, I've never seen a punch up. They used to be pretty rare, but I do remember the odd punch being thrown. Having played around with the old text file for match incidents, I also remember that it was possible for a player to punch the ref - never saw that happen (in FM) though.

This might seem a little contentious given that FM is a family type game, but what about some of the more unsavoury parts of football being included? One thing I have noticed through playing FM a lot is that there are no fights between players anymore. Players can be red carded for bad challenges & professional fouls etc, but since the introduction of the enhanced graphics of the newer versions of the game, I've never seen a punch up. They used to be pretty rare, but I do remember the odd punch being thrown. Having played around with the old text file for match incidents, I also remember that it was possible for a player to punch the ref - never saw that happen (in FM) though.
Brilliant idea that, I'll second it.

Last edited:
Brilliant idea that, I'll second it.

Me too. Player provoking havoc between the crowd is also a must, or the crowd screaming "Messi" to Ronaldo type of things.

One thing that would be great it's the psychological effect in playing in a field where you don't win for some time. For example, yesterday was the 1st time Benfica didn't lose to Celtic in Scotland, and the press talk about that. The pressure to achieve something should mess with the players confidence.