Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

maybe design your stadium to make look cool and put your own capacity limit on but will cost you more mill

Players make emotional returns to their former clubs. Example - Xabi Alonso goes back to Liverpool saying he'd like to end his career with them. Cristiano Ronaldo makes return to Man United - stating he'd like to repay the favours the club has done for him.

Basically it shouldn't happen too often, but should happen nonetheless. Basically when the player is about to retire, before it he returns to his former club.

Because in FM 12 I declare interest in Xabi Alonso - he has Liverpool in favoured clubs yet he says "I have no intention of signing for Liverpool"

Players make emotional returns to their former clubs. Example - Xabi Alonso goes back to Liverpool saying he'd like to end his career with them. Cristiano Ronaldo makes return to Man United - stating he'd like to repay the favours the club has done for him.

Basically it shouldn't happen too often, but should happen nonetheless. Basically when the player is about to retire, before it he returns to his former club.

Because in FM 12 I declare interest in Xabi Alonso - he has Liverpool in favoured clubs yet he says "I have no intention of signing for Liverpool"

This would mean Bobby Zamora could come back to Brighton:)

I would like to see an option for permanent match reports on a player. For example, ive just signed a Turkish youngster who will be joining me in 2 years, i'd like to get constant updates on how he's doing in that time.

One major part of football Sigames have forgotten is the ability to send training staff to school or seminars or other ways to improve one or two of the coaches skills.

For Example: Carles Puyol is a coach in your team. He has 13 in defending. You like him to improve his attributes when it comes to the skills: defending and tactical knowledge. Then you can ask the board and the coach (Puyol) to send him out for a small/medium/large course/seminar/education. (He will then be unavailable for some days/weeks) but with high determination maybe his stats will raize one or two points if the education has been successfull and the coach is motivated to learn.

With this ability you can then train up your own world class staff member. hope to see this in FM13!

In a match when a player gets a knock, when the pop up box appears asking you if you want to sub him or keep him on it would be good to see a recommendation from your assistant and whether the player himself feels he can carry on or wants to come off.

It has something related but it was better if you could organize your team in a 4-5-1 when you have the ball and in a 4-4-2 when you don't for example.

AND

More position options when setting out your team in tactics. Like having a position between Wing Back Right and Right back.

I know it's just details, but...
Regens who are sons of real players, regens who are brothers (have each other in "favoured personnel" and want to be together and stuff), female physio regens...

Hello.
I haven't read the whole topic, so sorry if that was mentioned, but somewhere in the internet I've seen a comment like this:

In an ideal world, we would have tactics and settings for the defensive phase, and tactics for when in possession – but alas the FM match engine isn’t that advanced yet! Therefore we could position players when defending, and position players in possession etc. They are redesigning the entire match engine for FM 2013 apparently, so we’ll see how they change things up.

Is that a simple gossip or what ?

I want some randomness in the rating potential system. I mean if you know player X is of 4 star potential then you are pretty sure he will end up that way ( scouted multiple times by the best scouts) and I find this very boring, rigid and quite unrealistic. I'd like to see big flops and low rating players somehow, in a short time span, get much higher potential. This doesn't need to have a high chance to happen, just whatever seems more realistic. What do you guys think?

I think National team managers should have contracts as well. Currently they have no wage or contract length which is unrealistic. It would also help you choose a nation to manage if you got more than one as England could offer the job to you on a one year deal for little money and Qatar could offer you a 5 year deal with a lot of money. It would be upto you which one you wanted then. I think it would be quite good.

Although obviously couldn't be on FM12, as it's new this season. The Under 21/ Next Gen fixtures rather than the Reserve League and Youth League's that are currently on the game.

Although obviously couldn't be on FM12, as it's new this season. The Under 21/ Next Gen fixtures rather than the Reserve League and Youth League's that are currently on the game.
I'd like the U21 league but the Next Gen is already in there under the name U19 Champions Cup.

Start your own club from scratch in the lowest league possible and work your way up.

- At the start you can choose between several people who are interested in being part of the board (choose wisely!)
- At the start you have to choose between sponsors which offer separate type of deals (e.a. 1 offers 4 years shirt sponsorship, 2 offers 6 year stadium sponsorship + an upgrade in youth scouting or youth training facility or main training facility, 3 offers 1 year shirt and stadium sponsorship etc.)
- At the start YOU have to scout your own players and approach them for signing (including a conversation in which you have try to convince the player to come and play for your newly founded club) note: elder players could lead to become trainer/scout/fysio for your club.

You can start your own club at any given time and with any reputation.
BUT...with a better reputation deals will become tougher while with a low reputation people are more willing to help you out.
Better reputation will mean more players are willing to come...if...you can convince them.
Lower reputation will mean less players are willing to come...but...are easier to convince.

When starting your own club you have to provide your vision an philosophy on how the club should play the game, this is unimportant at the beginning but will have its effect when you start training your very own youth as they will be trained according to your vision and philosophy.
( With this in mind, it could be wise you pay attention to your trainers vision, playing style and philosophy when contracting him/her. )

Just an idea...but maybe a nice challange for the more experienced FM players.
(could be combined with my Manager school idea a few pages back)

Not sure is this could be helpfull, but because of its absence it has lead me to buy statistical good players who were not used to play the way I want them to.

For example, if you play a short passing game with a lot of presure a lot of players are not used to playing that way.

Therefor I think it would be nice that if you scout that player (no matter how good or bad your scout) your scout will provide the tactical position information which the player is used to (the better your scout the more detailed)

Example:
Scout report Agustin Torassa:
-Position: striker
-Role: poacher
-Mentality: attacking
-Creative freedom: normal
-Roam from position: no
-Closing down: own half
-Tackling: normal
-Marking: zone
-Tight marking: no
-Passing style: normal
-Run from deep: often
-Run with ball: often
-Long shots: normal
-Through ball: normal
-Cross ball: normal
-Cross from: byline
-Wide play: move into channels
-Hold up ball: no

This should give you the information whether or not the player fits in your tactic, meaning that its up to you to either spend time in his training so he fits in your tactic or that you adjust your tactic so it fits him.
This information also might show some details on how his training should be.

Imo it would be some nice extra information next to the basic report AND his stats for making it a bit easier to choose between players...or...just the opposite :p

To be Honest I just want an improved match engine where 3 at the back works properly and effectively and also want the libero function properly!

Also would like the Add Leagues option to not ruin saves either.

I would like to have more control over financial deals for the club such as shirt and stadium sponsorships. choosing the contracts offered by various companies, the higher the club the more money should be recieved for these deals.

Also have a greater control in selecting types of stadium expansion options, training and youth facilities.

Alll in all, basically alot more detail in the financial area.

What ye think?

As that has been said countless times in this thread previously and has had the same reply every time, I'll just spit it out.

No, that's not the managers job irl