Ferguson attacks 'kamikaze' buys

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 6K
I thought it was pretty clear.

He's spending large sums of money on unproven players, Real, City ect. are spending large sums of money of World Class players.
hardly large sums at 20 million for three players.

well you cant really. real madrid spent more and bought a better team than chelseas with the first galacticos, and failed. spent loads more last season for the new galacticos.....and failed. chelsea won it because of mourinho, more than the money.
Yeah i agree, i was just making a point, Problem is i dont think some of Madrids galacticos were that great, i mean 30m for Benzema! I think hes ****, Lisandro Lopez would have been a much better signing from that division

Yeah i agree, i was just making a point, Problem is i dont think some of Madrids galacticos were that great, i mean 30m for Benzema! I think hes ****, Lisandro Lopez would have been a much better signing from that division
but look at the first galacticos. some of the greatest players in the world. still flopped the title

I thought it was pretty clear.

He's spending large sums of money on unproven players, Real, City ect. are spending large sums of money of World Class players.

Total cost of that 3 players = Glen Blunder Johnson,

just to pre empt anything lets not turn this into a slanging match.

he's ****** because we want/need ozil. madrid dont really need, but trumped us for him anyway

What made you think so? If we wanted him, we would have made bid long back. SAF never went for luxury players in mid field, never will. Just media rubbish thats it.

Even Bremen said they received only bid from Madrid which they rejected and Madrid came with higher offer, just shows we were not interested.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Lol Madrid signed World class players whereas one of your beloved club signed other club rejects,

What made you think so? If we wanted him, we would have made bid long back. SAF never went for luxury players in mid field, never will. Just media rubbish thats it.

Even Bremen said they received only bid from Madrid which they rejected and Madrid came with higher offer, just shows we were not interested.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Lol Madrid signed World class players whereas one of your beloved club signed other club rejects,
we went from openly saying we didnt want him, to meeting with advisors, in three weeks. normally i'd dismss it but fergies own words about this, and the fact it was in the guardian (who are just about always bang on when it comes to united) suggest otherwise. ozil is an amc we've had luxury players before: cantona, veron (who fergie admits he failed to make the most of) berbatov

we went from openly saying we didnt want him, to meeting with advisors, in three weeks. normally i'd dismss it but fergies own words about this, and the fact it was in the guardian (who are just about always bang on when it comes to united) suggest otherwise. ozil is an amc we've had luxury players before: cantona, veron (who fergie admits he failed to make the most of) berbatov

Veron was never a luxury player and other 2 are forwards. You cant expect every forward to be like Tevez, Rooney to do all the running.

SAF said many times he wont make a move and no way will any German signs for us while SAF is in charge after that Typical German comment. Even at Cottage, SAF left early when Ozil came as sub. He said Cleverly and Gibson will get chances and he believes both are goal scoring mid fielders. It was all just media drama just to show every tom **** and harry snubbed us,

Veron was never a luxury player and other 2 are forwards. You cant expect every forward to be like Tevez, Rooney to do all the running.

SAF said many times he wont make a move and no way will any German signs for us while SAF is in charge after that Typical German comment. Even at Cottage, SAF left early when Ozil came as sub. He said Cleverly and Gibson will get chances and he believes both are goal scoring mid fielders. It was all just media drama just to show every tom **** and harry snubbed us,
i never said every forward should be like that, they are still luxury players at any rate. its not media drama, if you do some digging it does become fairly obvious we wanted him, and we had to keep it quiet becuase the minute madrid got interested we were shafted.

thats me on this im off to watch the spurs game

This is coming from a manager who spent £30m on Berbatov, £29m on Ferdinand, £28m on Veron and £27m for Rooney to name a few examples. Seems like a bit of double standards to me.

This is coming from a manager who spent £30m on Berbatov, £29m on Ferdinand, £28m on Veron and £27m for Rooney to name a few examples. Seems like a bit of double standards to me.

Both excellent buys and did he spend all in one season? Why cant people understand the difference between slowly building team by spending club money and club trying to buy every ******* player using owner's money.

Anyways this is getting ridiculous. So many just want to slate SAF even not knowing what they are posting. Good luck..

he's ****** because we want/need ozil. madrid dont really need, but trumped us for him anyway

True. But then there's been a few occasions over the past few years where you lot haven't been able to flex the financial muscles like you once were able to. You used to gazump us for signings by offering better personal terms (Vidic would be a good example) or purely because you were willing to pay more than anyone else. It's not happening any more so we get the complaints over clubs spending too much money. Might divert sufficient of your fanbase from the underlying issue I guess but I don't like the hypocrisy of it really. The link between financial clout and success is well documented in most sports, pretending that Real Madrid or City are doing anything different to what Ferguson did when he rescued his career in England is him trying to play people for fools.

True. But then there's been a few occasions over the past few years where you lot haven't been able to flex the financial muscles like you once were able to. You used to gazump us for signings by offering better personal terms (Vidic would be a good example) or purely because you were willing to pay more than anyone else. It's not happening any more so we get the complaints over clubs spending too much money. Might divert sufficient of your fanbase from the underlying issue I guess but I don't like the hypocrisy of it really. The link between financial clout and success is well documented in most sports, pretending that Real Madrid or City are doing anything different to what Ferguson did when he rescued his career in England is him trying to play people for fools.
very true about the diverting the issue, hes a legend, but its quite hypocritical to say this, and it kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

urgh dont like criticising him at all, but he's wrong to comment on this one

Last edited:
Both excellent buys and did he spend all in one season? Why cant people understand the difference between slowly building team by spending club money and club trying to buy every ******* player using owner's money.

Both? I'm sure I listed four signings there...

And the quality of the signings is not the point, it's the money spent. Over a few years, SAF spent well over a hundred million on countless players, which was well more than the other clubs were doing (pre Abramovich). And now that the money is not available to him, he moans when other clubs start splashing the cash. Sounds like jealousy to me.

Anyways this is getting ridiculous. So many just want to slate SAF even not knowing what they are posting. Good luck..

And some people stick up for SAF without considering the facts properly... I'm not slating SAF, as in my opinion he is one of the greatest managers and motivators in the game. But he's certainly one for sour grapes.

Ronaldo was unknown and how many people had heard of Vidic or Evra before they joined?

Ronaldo was unknown and how many people had heard of Vidic or Evra before they joined?

That's besides the point, I'm saying he can't accuse people of this if he is [not as bad, but still spemds OTT] mainly on unknown players.

Ronaldo was fairly well known, I thought, anyway. Vidic and Evra, I didn't hear much about them. As said, this isn't my angle.

He does love a good whinge. He's not exactly held back when it comes to spending money in the past. Just because United cant spend that sort of money now he tries to take the moral high ground. What a hypocrite.

Back