Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K
It is up to Fergie whether to talk or skip. I wanted to Fergie attend the post match interview.

Reporter 1: Question 1
SAF: I dont want to comment on it.

Reporter 1: Question 2

Reporter 1: Question 3

Reporter 1: Question 4
SAF: I dont want to comment on it. And this is it all i can say now. Thank you.

Well this is what is happening when Managers are asked about specific incidents.

Why does everyone care so much? So what he didn't talk to the media, what effect does it have on you or anything?

He doesn't have to talk, he doesn't care if he gets fined. He's probably got his reasons for not talking including Smalling incident, ref's decisions, poor performances etc. To be honest I don't really care whether he talks or not, as long as he does his best for his club is all that anyone should care about.
well said. its only an issue because its SAF. It doesn't affect anyone else

It's times like these I don't know what to think of SAF. I mean he's arguably the greatest manager of his generation, won countless trophies, been at United for zonks, yet he still manages to **** everyone in the world off.

I have no problem whatsoever with him blanking the media, I think it should be your prerogative whether you speak to the media or not, however I do believe he is just hiding away because of his embarrassment at United's performance yesterday.

The thing that really ****** me off about Sir Alex, is the major double standards he set's and the hissy fit he through after the Chelsea game. Granted there were a couple of disputable decisions made, but it happens in every match. Say it was Stoke v Birmingham and the same decisions had happened, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, but SAF seems to think his side deserves special treatment, when half the time at Old Trafford they ****** well do. Rooney elbows a kid in the face unprovoked, and Sir Alex say's good decision, yet Luiz doesn't get a second yellow and it's tantrum time.

Whatever his reasons are for doing this, I have lost some respect in the recent events.

As long as he doesn't do an interview when his team has just beaten someone 5-0, I have no problem with him not doing an interview when they've just been turned over. Consistency is the key.

It's times like these I don't know what to think of SAF. I mean he's arguably the greatest manager of his generation, won countless trophies, been at United for zonks, yet he still manages to **** everyone in the world off.

I have no problem whatsoever with him blanking the media, I think it should be your prerogative whether you speak to the media or not, however I do believe he is just hiding away because of his embarrassment at United's performance yesterday.

The thing that really ****** me off about Sir Alex, is the major double standards he set's and the hissy fit he through after the Chelsea game. Granted there were a couple of disputable decisions made, but it happens in every match. Say it was Stoke v Birmingham and the same decisions had happened, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, but SAF seems to think his side deserves special treatment, when half the time at Old Trafford they ****** well do. Rooney elbows a kid in the face unprovoked, and Sir Alex say's good decision, yet Luiz doesn't get a second yellow and it's tantrum time.

Whatever his reasons are for doing this, I have lost some respect in the recent events.
to be fair he didnt say good decision at all, he said there would be a witchhunt in the media, which there was. and he was right to annoyed at the ref, just the way he went about it was wrong. he doesnt talk to the bbc when we win either though

to be fair he didnt say good decision at all, he said there would be a witchhunt in the media, which there was. and he was right to annoyed at the ref, just the way he went about it was wrong. he doesn't talk to the bbc when we win either though
It wasn't just the BBC he didn't talk to though was it?

Last edited:
I don't understand why he doesn't speak to the BBC. They conducted a perfectly legal investigation into some curious financial deals between SAF and his son's company during transfers.

Say it was Stoke v Birmingham and the same decisions had happened, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, but SAF seems to think his side deserves special treatment, when half the time at Old Trafford they ****** well do.

If that happened in any match, the manager would have had a go at Ref and went unnoticed. Since this was SAF everyone is going overboard.

Like you said You lot wouldn't have given second thought, so only media wont pick those interviews. Many people are just ****** off and the media knows what to pick and what not to.

Last edited:
I don't understand why he doesn't speak to the BBC. They conducted a perfectly legal investigation into some curious financial deals between SAF and his son's company during transfers.
bit of a witchunt really from panorama, not much substance, and he is man to hold a grudge.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

It wasn't just the BBC he didn't talk to though was it?
but its once and suddenly hes a bad guy for not doing so, given the week we just had

bit of a witchunt really from panorama, not much substance, and he is man to hold a grudge.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

but its once and suddenly hes a bad guy for not doing so, given the week we just had
I don't buy that though. Moyes has a bad week every other week, still comes out and takes whatever criticism comes his way.

I don't buy that though. Moyes has a bad week every other week, still comes out and takes whatever criticism comes his way.
SAF never talks to the BBC. period. he chooses not talk to others once. thats his choice doesnt make him a bad guy, nor is it even news

The investigation was legal and all, but how would you feel having your son investigate for something he didn't do? I'm sure you'd be ****** off. And the BBC didn't apologies to his son or Ferguson which doesn't help the BBC at all.

Surprise, surprise.

american_psycho_guffaw.gif

This siege mentality to 'protect the players'... you think it is the best thing for them? About time they took responsibility for their own lack of effort. Wenger does the same, always cockblocking the media when it comes to player performances.

Last edited:
SAF never talks to the BBC. period. he chooses not talk to others once. thats his choice doesnt make him a bad guy, nor is it even news

Exactly. It's not news and everyone who criticises him is blowing it out of proportion. Who cares whether he speaks? If it had been Moyes or Houllier or Wenger would anyone care? No? Would we be having this conversation? No. Simple as.

Surprise, surprise.

american_psycho_guffaw.gif

This siege mentality to 'protect the players'... you think it is the best thing for them? About time they took responsibility for their own lack of effort. Wenger does the same, always cockblocking the media when it comes to player performances.
i agree, i'd rather certain players (carrick) took a cold hard look at their performances

Next what, Finally Fergie is talking to press. Headlines. Get in..

I wish Redknapp would sometimes take a leaf out of Ferguson's book instead of media whoring himself for the England job again like on Saturday.

Back on topic. I really could not care if Ferguson chooses not speak to the media. It is his decision. Just because he manages a team then why should there be a contract to talk to the media who twist everything.

I wish Redknapp would sometimes take a leaf out of Ferguson's book instead of media whoring himself for the England job again like on Saturday.

Back on topic. I really could not care if Ferguson chooses not speak to the media. It is his decision. Just because he manages a team then why should there be a contract to talk to the media who twist everything.

How did Redknapp media ***** himself? I haven't seen what he said.

Good point though. There is no need for a contract to talk to the media.

Redknapp is constantly media-whoring himself.

I don't like that aspect of him, but he'll at least criticise his players when they perform poorly.

Sometimes it is necessary to give them a boot. Players like Evans and Carrick, for example, can't keep being protected if it means continuing to perform at the level they have been,

How did Redknapp media ***** himself? I haven't seen what he said.

Good point though. There is no need for a contract to talk to the media.

Every opputunity he gets he puts his name in the frame. On Saturday because at the end of the season he has his so called tax evasion court case coming up and saying he has no skeletons in his closet and would not affect him taking the England job.

Concentrate on the present Redknapp and realise you are managing a team already or the players might get it into there heads that you dont care about Spurs. No wonder we are inconsistent already.

Back