• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 5K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is unhappy with the tackle by Bolton's Kevin Davies which leaves midfielder Tom Cleverley with a suspected broken foot.

More...

SAF said:
I don't think it was malicious, I just think it's very clumsy. He doesn't get a yellow card which I think he should have. Yes, Kevin is a physical player and a hard player at times, but I don't think he actually goes out to hurt people

Well done..

He doesn't go out to hurt people?

Give me a ******* break.

The stupid **** tries to break everyone's leg...

well to be honest the referee was stupid that was a red card and the fa sholud ban him for the same amount of time cleverley is out for. kevin davies keeps doign this and he needs to get a grip. if he was playing for one of the top 4-6 he would be under international criticism but because he plays for bolton they let him off easy. i respect him but to be honest he should retire get the **** off our pitches (im watching MOTD now)

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

i agree with i hate fish

davis has always played this way which is wrong how many more players will he injure totally agree with points above. If rooney or mikel or song had done this from top club they would have seen straight red! hope clevs aint out to long has been awesome for us the start of this seas.

I just saw the tackle and I don't know what you all are complaining about. It wasn't very bad at all and it was the way Cleverly fell that gave him the injury. His tackle on Nani was much worse.

I just saw the tackle and I don't know what you all are complaining about. It wasn't very bad at all and it was the way Cleverly fell that gave him the injury. His tackle on Nani was much worse.

I agree with this, it was a clumsy foul but not the horrendous tackle you're making it out to be. If you want to see a malicious tackle need only take a look at Walcott lashing out in the Swansea game which has largely gone under everyone's radar.

Had Cleverley not got injured I think most of you (note the word most, this is not directed at all of you) wouldn't have been yelling red card or Kevin Davies is a ****, just saying.

Don't think it deserved a red. I also don't hate Kevin Davies for the actual tackle, was a striker's terrible tackle which he deserved a yellow card for. I do on the other hand find it repulsive that a veteran striker of the game didn't go to make any sort of apology to Cleverley on or off the pitch.

Poor tackle, his other tackle was worse. ******* ridiculous

I'd class this the same way I would shawcrosses against Ramsey.Neither tackle was intentional but both where pretty bad(Shawcross's was worse) People who say he should be banned are wrong.First tackle of the game so he was let off which is the right decision.The tackle was late but if people are going to bang on about how it should have been a red card and stuff like that then every player should get sent off.There is always at least 1 missed timed challenge and they arnt intentional and they migh get a yellow card but as Mads said just because Cleverly was injured people are calling for Davies head.
I also agree with Jay over the apology thing.That's just not right.

Didnt get one decision that they wanted (1st time for everything ay) an make it out like kevin davies has ended his career, purple nose will be sorting that one out for the FA then as there to scared to stand up to the arrogant &*%£

I'd class this the same way I would shawcrosses against Ramsey.Neither tackle was intentional but both where pretty bad(Shawcross's was worse) People who say he should be banned are wrong.First tackle of the game so he was let off which is the right decision.The tackle was late but if people are going to bang on about how it should have been a red card and stuff like that then every player should get sent off.There is always at least 1 missed timed challenge and they arnt intentional and they migh get a yellow card but as Mads said just because Cleverly was injured people are calling for Davies head.
I also agree with Jay over the apology thing.That's just not right.

mmm no, shawcross was coming in a direction to win the ball, it was a 50-50 that went badly wrong. This is coming from behind, its just a poor tackle period. My biggest problem s is that he does it repeatedly, he should have been sent off for his other one. A bad tackle is a bad tackle, especially as he came into the game saying he was going seriously rough Tom up. Love a solid tackle, but he was never getting near the ball on any of them

Didnt get one decision that they wanted (1st time for everything ay) an make it out like kevin davies has ended his career, purple nose will be sorting that one out for the FA then as there to scared to stand up to the arrogant &*%£

sigh what nonsense...

"He may have a broken foot, it was unfortunate," Ferguson told BBC Sport. "We expected it, it was a bad tackle."

Which is true, Davies said as much before the game he was going in strong

Was a poor tackle nothing more than a yellow, but the one on evra was a straight red no doubt. Don't really know how he stayed on the pitch. Anyone know how long Cleverlys out for?

Was a poor tackle nothing more than a yellow, but the one on evra was a straight red no doubt. Don't really know how he stayed on the pitch. Anyone know how long Cleverlys out for?

the evra one was horrendous. Wont know till monday i think

Davies goes in strong in every game! an nonsense, the only person to stand up to ferguson was benitez, fergie talks like his players dont go in hard or nothin. as the one of the lads said earlier if he hadnt of broken his foot nothin would of been said, frimpong tacke on lucas, that was worse but are manager doesnt come out crying straight after the game and starts cryin coz one of his refeeres got a decision that he didnt like.

Davies goes in strong in every game! an nonsense, the only person to stand up to ferguson was benitez, fergie talks like his players dont go in hard or nothin. as the one of the lads said earlier if he hadnt of broken his foot nothin would of been said, frimpong tacke on lucas, that was worse but are manager doesnt come out crying straight after the game and starts cryin coz one of his refeeres got a decision that he didnt like.

er dalglish has complained after each for one. and all SAF said is that it was a bad tackle. which is was, use your head. You do understand going in strong is irrelevant. a foul is still a foul. saying its bad tackle =/= crying. back in your hole

go in soft and commit a fou = foul

go in hard and commit a foul = foul

you still have to win the ball

Last edited:
The worst thing about the foul is it was right in front of the ref and i do feel a yellow card would been the right call that tackle was a nasty one and could of been a lot worse ferguson has the right to be upset but still whats done is done now i just hope that the refs book players who dive in like that

Back