Ferguson criticises Davies tackle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 5K
it wasnt a horror show tackle. just poor, and didnt need to be made. But people are overblowing SAF's take with this, all he did was call it a bad tackle. I'll try and find the other one for you

on evra: Kevin Davies on Evra - YouTube

wouldn't say that Evra tackle was a horror tackle. Just not well timed and clumbsy. Suppose it's a good thing Evra was able to jump out the way of it. Yellow card for me

wouldn't say that Evra tackle was a horror tackle. Just not well timed and clumbsy. Suppose it's a good thing Evra was able to jump out the way of it. Yellow card for me

he was so late, if evra doesnt jump it would break something. maybe its just me,

he was so late, if evra doesnt jump it would break something. maybe its just me,

if you pause video you can see that he dives in at the same moment Evra releases the ball. It's late but not unbelievably late

if you pause video you can see that he dives in at the same moment Evra releases the ball. It's late but not unbelievably late

I'd be releasing the ball in a hurry if I saw Kevin Davies going all in to break my leg too. :)

I'd be releasing the ball in a hurry if I saw Kevin Davies going all in to break my leg too. :)

wouldn't blame you. In Davies mind he's diving in to either win the ball or block the pass that Evra is trying to make but fails in both regards. yellow card for me. Haven't seen the tackle on Cleverley so can't comment on that (was out last night so missed MOTD)

wouldn't blame you. In Davies mind he's diving in to either win the ball or block the pass that Evra is trying to make but fails in both regards. yellow card for me. Haven't seen the tackle on Cleverley so can't comment on that (was out last night so missed MOTD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8PcvasiEIs

T
hat's an easy yellow anyway, either way he should have been off the pitch.

"Tom [Cleverley] may have a broken bone in his foot. It's a bad one and it was a bad tackle. Jonny [Evans] got a knee in the hip in the second half which was pretty painful, while Patrice [Evra] got a kick on the kneecap. We'll have a look at them on Sunday."

- Sir Alex Ferguson

:S

Was a poor challenge by Davies but no way was it intentional, atleast MOTD showed the challenge unlike the Bardsley stamp on Mata which did look intentional!!!!!

Was a poor challenge by Davies but no way was it intentional, atleast MOTD showed the challenge unlike the Bardsley stamp on Mata which did look intentional!!!!!

yeah that was wierd, they didnt show the one on evra either, both were worse

yeah that was wierd, they didnt show the one on evra either, both were worse

I never saw the one on Evra but heard about it, very bizzare from MOTD. I would love to know which clown chooses the highlights. Did you see the stamp on Mata Mike?

I never saw the one on Evra but heard about it, very bizzare from MOTD. I would love to know which clown chooses the highlights. Did you see the stamp on Mata Mike?
I did, was nasty. :X

TBH that person who edits said there are so many incidents and few are bound to miss out.

When asked about tackle Evra, he said they felt game was too good to miss out and cleverley incident was imp so they left out tackle on Evra.

Every week there will be few incidents that will be missed out, at least big teams get enough coverage, I have seen smaller clubs fans saying chances created by their teams hardly gets shown on the show..

yeah, not impressed. definitely worst of the three in intent

TBH that person who edits said there are so many incidents and few are bound to miss out.

When asked about tackle Evra, he said they felt game was too good to miss out and cleverley incident was imp so they left out tackle on Evra.

Every week there will be few incidents that will be missed out, at least big teams get enough coverage, I have seen smaller clubs fans saying chances created by their teams hardly gets shown on the show..

Ok maybe so but there wearnt many decent highlights in the Chelsea game so it makes no sence at all to leave the stamp out.

SAF is a ******* joke. he never criticised Scholes' axes, the most recent was against City.. and what about Roy Keane's horrible axes having left many players with broken feet. gimme a break you **** wouldya.

nothing can justify davies' actions though, and he is a ****** **** too. that kind of players should be out of the game for good.

Nothing wrong with going in hard, one of your legends, Roy Keane (makes me cringe) was known for going in hard. There were plenty of times Keane went in with no intention to get the ball (Any of his challenges on Haaland for example). Not making this about Keane, you have had some very hard players in your past who make some shocking challenges, i give you paul scholes. I appreciate people are annoyed but every club has a player who goes in hard.

Bad tackle yes, but most teams have a player like that, Davies is known for being a rough player who takes no prisoners.

Back