Ferguson criticises Davies tackle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 5K
SAF is a ******* joke. he never criticised Scholes' axes, the most recent was against City.. and what about Roy Keane's horrible axes having left many players with broken feet. gimme a break you **** wouldya.

nothing can justify davies' actions though, and he is a ****** **** too. that kind of players should be out of the game for good.

Well done for not reading the article, all he said was "it was a bad tackle"

Nothing wrong with going in hard, one of your legends, Roy Keane (makes me cringe) was known for going in hard. There were plenty of times Keane went in with no intention to get the ball (Any of his challenges on Haaland for example). Not making this about Keane, you have had some very hard players in your past who make some shocking challenges, i give you paul scholes. I appreciate people are annoyed but every club has a player who goes in hard.

Bad tackle yes, but most teams have a player like that, Davies is known for being a rough player who takes no prisoners.

its a poor tackle. simple. going in hard/soft is irrelevant. he was never going to win the ball at that angle. Tackling is a skill, one that davies fails at. Song goes in hard, but he actually takes the ball

Amazing how many people fly into a topic without checking the facts

Frimpong likes a good sliding challenge aswell lol

well done for failing to understand that SAF's comment is actually called criticism.

you act like he over-reacted, he didnt.said it was a bad tackle, it was. end discussion. no need for you to start insulting him, which is just plain childish

Amazing how many people fly into a topic without checking the facts

i did read the article and facts, hope this wasnt aimed at me. Those lower table teams are very physical and have players who will often go into tackles they wont win, mainly to show the player they are "there". Sort of like Paul Scholes did for years and years, dont see SAF commenting on that though......... The fact Cleverley is a creative footballer means he will be a target anyway.

i did read the article and facts, hope this wasnt aimed at me. Those lower table teams are very physical and have players who will often go into tackles they wont win, mainly to show the player they are "there". Sort of like Paul Scholes did for years and years, dont see SAF commenting on that though......... The fact Cleverley is a creative footballer means he will be a target anyway.

SAF picked up scholes on his tackling over and over. he conceded that scholes never really gt any better at it.

Hmm Evra tackle wasn't THAT bad, just a little late(Evra had just played the ball) and Evra had time to jump out the way.
The way he jumps and rolls forward just makes it look a lot worse than it is.

Cleverly one is worse IMO, comes in hard and from behind gives the player no chance of doing anything to protect himself.

Both worth a yellow, Evra because it was late and Cleverly one because it was just dumb.

Nothing wrong with going in hard, one of your legends, Roy Keane (makes me cringe) was known for going in hard. There were plenty of times Keane went in with no intention to get the ball (Any of his challenges on Haaland for example). Not making this about Keane, you have had some very hard players in your past who make some shocking challenges, i give you paul scholes. I appreciate people are annoyed but every club has a player who goes in hard.

Bad tackle yes, but most teams have a player like that, Davies is known for being a rough player who takes no prisoners.

Nigel de Jong goes in hard, and has injured more than one player, does that mean Mancini can never call a bad tackle on one of his players for what it is? Of course he can, and so can SAF

Is it just me, or is neither tackle as bad as people are making out?

First one on Cleverley, at game speed, you can understand why the referee didn't book him or anything, as it looks like he gets the ball. It's a rash, clumsy challenge, it's not malicous or anything. Typical Kevin Davies, but you can't book a player for his reputation.

The Evra one looks much worse because Evra jumps over and forward, and then grabs his ankle. Wouldn't say it deserved more than a yellow card. With Cleverley I actually thought he'd just picked up a knock, didn't look injured or anything.

Also, you can tell BBC have nothing to report on, seen as they're trying to blow SAF's comment's out of proportion, he only said it was a bad tackle, nothing more. It's what any manager would do if he'd just seen his player get injured.

its a poor tackle. simple. going in hard/soft is irrelevant. he was never going to win the ball at that angle. Tackling is a skill, one that davies fails at. Song goes in hard, but he actually takes the ball

After watching Maldini movie, you would be embarrassed to call that as tackle. Its an art perfected by few.

Is it just me, or is neither tackle as bad as people are making out?

First one on Cleverley, at game speed, you can understand why the referee didn't book him or anything, as it looks like he gets the ball. It's a rash, clumsy challenge, it's not malicous or anything. Typical Kevin Davies, but you can't book a player for his reputation.

The Evra one looks much worse because Evra jumps over and forward, and then grabs his ankle. Wouldn't say it deserved more than a yellow card. With Cleverley I actually thought he'd just picked up a knock, didn't look injured or anything.

Also, you can tell BBC have nothing to report on, seen as they're trying to blow SAF's comment's out of proportion, he only said it was a bad tackle, nothing more. It's what any manager would do if he'd just seen his player get injured.

I seriously dislike the BBC at the moment, their reporting has reached "Sun" standards.

Davies could have easily gone today, Evra has to jump, and hes still collected at the same time. otherwise his ankle gets broken.

After watching Maldini movie, you would be embarrassed to call that as tackle. Its an art perfected by few.

Football's one of the few sports that as you get better at a physical, aggressive move, you're less likely to damage your opponent. Maldini was just insanely good at it, and never ever malicious.

I seriously dislike the BBC at the moment, their reporting has reached "Sun" standards.

Davies could have easily gone today, Evra has to jump, and hes still collected at the same time. otherwise his ankle gets broken.

I'm not saying he couldn't have gone, I'm just saying I can see it from the referee's point of view.

With Cleverley, I genuinely thought Davies knicked the ball. He could've been booked for that, and he was booked for the challenge on Evra. The challenge on Evra isn't a straight red card though IMO.

Football's one of the few sports that as you get better at a physical, aggressive move, you're less likely to damage your opponent. Maldini was just insanely good at it, and never ever malicious.

Yeah his sliding tackles were pure awesome. Wish we had players who perfected that art. His ability to mark player out of the game was out of the world. His teammate said if anyone had a go at Maldini in training then he would start man marking that player for entire training session, which means as good as out of training.

Well words are not good enough to tell how good he was. Maldini = GOD.

I'm not saying he couldn't have gone, I'm just saying I can see it from the referee's point of view.

With Cleverley, I genuinely thought Davies knicked the ball. He could've been booked for that, and he was booked for the challenge on Evra. The challenge on Evra isn't a straight red card though IMO.

I thought they were a yellow and red respectively imo. he was on the wrong side of cleverley, and he could have seen red for Evra challenge, seen them given. But thats just me

Maldini just had brilliant timing and awareness when it came to sliding in, he'd just slip in and take the ball away from out of nowhere.

There was no doubt that Davies went in hard and from the wrong side, but the ref was 3 yards away and decided a free kick was enough.........I just wish Fergie was more consistant when blaming players for bad tackles........Evans tackle on Holden last season for instance.....Holden still isnt playing first team football since that tackle..........Roy Keane's tackle on Haarland, finished the guys career.......Fergie never said a word about either of these tackles........and both were far far worse than Davies yesterday!

Why was Keane's name mentioned in this thread? #Hypocrite.

Back