Ferguson ref rant 'unacceptable'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson should apologise for his "unacceptable" attack on referee Martin Atkinson, according to the trade union that represents match officials.

More...

you mean like referee's apologise to managers/players/fans alike when they make key mistakes that change games (i'm not refering to the Chelsea game but games over the years that have been effect because of poor refereering)

Man UTD benefit in almost every game by "referee mistakes". I'm sick and tired of seeing them winning with the help of the referees. Go Liverpool !

he didn't even give any credit to Chelsea, he just whinged and whinged

i'm not sticking up for Fergie, he knows he can't say nout about the men in black but he chooses too. what i'm saying is, it's about time the FA reviewing referee's games rather than just fining, banning managers who are left to pick up the pieces following a mistake by a ref.

SAF was right cause he missed many key decisions against Chelsea and this is not the first time

Do think it is wrong, if you are going to slam the referees then at least say it is because they aren't good, saying they unfair is taking a dig at his professionalism. Whether it was for MUTV or BBC or SKY shouldn't make a difference.

They're still gonna win the league so what's he crying about?

everyone knows the FA will do nothing, he always gets away with it because he's Alex Ferguson

If you switch his initials around, what do they represent? I smell somethind fishy!XD

he cant moan about any referee decision after rooneys elbow , any other team in the league except man u or chelsea would have got 3 match bans for the player

You win some you lose some. Unlike popular belief there are quite a few decisions that dont go our way, its that some people choose to overlook/forget those incidents. It all evens out in the long run. What Fergie said might be wrong but it is also time for the FA to look to stop managers from complaining by improving the refereeing.

He should get a heavy fine and a touchline ban

Every manager that used to winning throws a hissy fit when they lose (doesn't mean its ok)

Seems like Wenger is almost the same as Fergy after all!

They're both sore looser's, and when their team looses it's like the world has ended.

Not manager's mistake. Anyone would have criticised ref for the shocking decisions. If anything Atkinson should apologize.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Seems like Wenger is almost the same as Fergy after all!

They're both sore looser's, and when their team looses it's like the world has ended.

Born winners are always bitter to lose. Fact.

Not manager's mistake. Anyone would have criticised ref for the shocking decisions. If anything Atkinson should apologize.

...can Man Utd fans not just have a neutral view of anything?

Refs will never come out and face the media, that's what annoys me. They get so much protection it's un-real. When it's a stone wall mistake that they've made, they should come out and say why they gave the decision.

For example, why the goal wasn't given against Germany in the world cup, where the ball clearly went over the line!

BRANISLAV IVANOVIC has angered Alex Ferguson even more by amazingly insisting: 'You were right - it was never a penalty.'

The Chelsea defender believes ref Martin Atkinson got it wrong when he awarded the spot-kick which gave the Blues a 2-1 win on Tuesday.

Fergie may face an FA rap for his blast at Atkinson for pointing to the spot after Chris Smalling caught Yuri Zhirkov.

But Ivanovic said: "I find the penalty for Chelsea very dubious.

"It was too easily adjudged. I have to admit that after seeing it again. I thought it was a penalty when Zhirkov fell but, afterwards, I saw it never was.

"But we were in a similar situation a couple of times this season and no one said anything."

A neutral view are you kidding me ? Yes fergie shouldn't have said nothing but you trying to tell me the decisions the referee made were acceptable lmao ? behave yourself neutral view you'd complain if those decisions went against newcastle FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.