Ferguson slams 'dysfunctional' FA

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 4K
Its not ridiculous simply put the Law can not act retrospectively its like saying if you drop litter and get fined, then 5 years in the future if you drop litter the punishment is prison its not right for them to come to you and put you in prison as you have already been punished once.

That would be fine if you could trust the refs to make the correct decisions every time. i guess human error is part of what makes football so interseting though. i think luck generally balances itself out by the end of the season

The same FA who keep handing him Howard Webb at Old Trafford?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Scared? If I was United I wouldn't be scared of Liverpool. Yeah they've beaten them 3 times in a row but United are full of confidence, they wanna set the record straight after being humiliated last season.

Scared of Gerrard? lol...'cause he's having such a great season. the most memorable thing he has done this year is do a "V" and elbow a lad. Oh and didn't Gerrard score his first goal at OT ever last season or am I wrong?

Should be a good game.

But Gerrard is the type of player who can play bad for 10 games then go on and lead his team to a memorable victory. :)

Lets face it Fergie has the FA wrapped round his little finger

he can practically say what he wants about anyone and no one bats an eyelid!

he even gets his own length of minutes at the end of games! :S

a Joke!

The same FA who keep handing him Howard Webb at Old Trafford?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

But Gerrard is the type of player who can play bad for 10 games then go on and lead his team to a memorable victory. :)

Strictly speaking, if a player can't lead his team to victory once after playing 10 bad games that player shouldn't even be classified as a good player.

Well he played well against Lille so I guess its another bad 10 games before he starts playing well again XD

Lets face it Fergie has the FA wrapped round his little finger

he can practically say what he wants about anyone and no one bats an eyelid!

he even gets his own length of minutes at the end of games! :S

a Joke!

Hmm, sure. I guess if the fa really were rapped round his little finger they wouldn't have given ferdinand a 3 match ban plus another on match due to a frivolous appeal? and maybe they would have banned gerrard for elbowing brown in the back of the head?

Yeah, he can say anything. Thats why he has been banned from the dugout for games this season for saying stuff about the referees?

:PCut the conspiracy **** with the fa would ya, please?(A)

Conspiracy hardly!

anyone outside of manchester, actually REPHRASE that! Anyone that isnt a man united fan thinks the same thing.
that fergie and united get special treatment on and off the pitch and its always been the same.

It is an ABSOLUTE guarantee that if man u come to st andrews the ref is up their ars! all game none stop with every decision their way. its always been the same and never changes. and this happens country wide!

i think your naive to think that Fergie doesn't have a pull over the FA in some way

What i find ridicolously funny, is how much of a pathetic, hypocritical **** Alex Ferguson. If they weren't playing us on Sunday, i doubt he'd moan. Yeah Gerrards got away with a couple of things, but so have manchester united. In fact, all the top four (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United) get away with murder, so nobody has the right to moan about others, abart from teams outside the top four.

My own view on the Gerrard - Brown incident is this: Brown ran straight across Gerrard, almost like a body check, gerrards gone to move him out the way with his arm, and misjudged it and caught him on the back of the head. Now in my opinion, Brown went down like a sack of spuds, trying to get stevie g sent off. But thats my opinion.

and i'll probs get a load of united fans calling me biased but ah well :D

God I hate these ****** Man U vs Liverpool threads. A new one every ******* day saying the same ******* thing.

The title race is all going to come down to the Chelsea v Man U game anyway, winner of that wins the league, if they draw, Arsenal win the league.

Conspiracy hardly!

anyone outside of manchester, actually REPHRASE that! Anyone that isnt a man united fan thinks the same thing.
that fergie and united get special treatment on and off the pitch and its always been the same.

It is an ABSOLUTE guarantee that if man u come to st andrews the ref is up their ars! all game none stop with every decision their way. its always been the same and never changes. and this happens country wide!

i think your naive to think that Fergie doesn't have a pull over the FA in some way
Not really.:P

Everyone always thinks they have been conned by the ref even when there are no major decisions because......fans are incredibly biased.:$

The ref could screw united over and the other set of fans will come out saying we got every decision.:$

Honestly, we don't get different treatment. Find me an example of us getting different treatment to other teams if you can. If you can then i'll hold my hands up and say occasionally we get different treatment from the fa.<)

typical fergie i cant belive gerrard has got away with everything though it sickens me that just because its gerrard he gets away with it.

i wonder if Fergie gets a ban for these comments?
oh wait. No, he gets a ban once every what? 9-10 years?
He criticises a ref practically every other week, yet gets no punishment?

Rafa's 'Rant' was right last year, just poor timing.

i wonder if Fergie gets a ban for these comments?
oh wait. No, he gets a ban once every what? 9-10 years?
He criticises a ref practically every other week, yet gets no punishment?

Rafa's 'Rant' was right last year, just poor timing.
I might be wrong, but wasn't rafa's rant essentialy him complaining about the supposedly different treatment feguson gets.
Which is what ferguson is doing here but he's not attacked rafa or seemed to suggest the fa is biased.

Rafa got no ban so why should ferguson?

Conspiracy hardly!

I would happily rephrase that.

I just think all you fans just want a scapegoat for a poor performance, you just blame Fergie everytime Man Utd win a game.

Every blues man utd game iv been to, which would be a a fair few! you have had the ref wearing a red shirt!
football is about opinion, thats the main part of the game, which is why we have a thing called a forum :S you know, what your on now!

just as per usual other fans are all saying the same thing from other teams EXCEPT united fans. all in agreeance practically that Ferguson or United or both have different treatment to the rest of us!

im not gonna go and research the statistics of bookings against man utd compared to other teams, fouls etc. because i have enough research to do at the moment! but i think the stats would definitely reflect this!

if it wasn't true why would most if not all clubs in the country think the same thing?

we could do a poll!

Every blues man utd game iv been to, which would be a a fair few! you have had the ref wearing a red shirt!
football is about opinion, thats the main part of the game, which is why we have a thing called a forum :S you know, what your on now!

just as per usual other fans are all saying the same thing from other teams EXCEPT united fans. all in agreeance practically that Ferguson or United or both have different treatment to the rest of us!

im not gonna go and research the statistics of bookings against man utd compared to other teams, fouls etc. because i have enough research to do at the moment! but i think the stats would definitely reflect this!

if it wasn't true why would most if not all clubs in the country think the same thing?

we could do a poll!
Yeah, it's your opinion the ref was on our side. Doesn't mean it's true at all.

The ipswich fan above doesn't seem to think we influence anyone.

On that ipswich fan, his point is basically why most fans claim we cheat and influence the fa in my opinion.

It seems like we get the majority of decision because every dodgy pen we get it's blown in to a major story and it's never because the ref made a mistake it's because he was biased.

If birmingham get a dodgy penalty no one hears about it.

Last edited:
i think fergie does influence some refs because of his reputation and the time he has been in the game, particularly in home games. you cant call a manager a cheat for utilising his experience and power though. most fans hate utd (obviously except our fans) because of our recent records but there is a reason that utd, for example, dont concede many penalties at old trafford or receive fewer bookings. we dominate possession. when mistakes happen, they are blown out of proportion because its the majority who moan vs the minority. we have had plenty go against us too. fletcher and carricks red cards in europe spring to mind for starters. in football it seems you get more luck when your at the top though than when your scrapping at the bottom, thats for sure

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

gerrard really has had nothing to play for since he returned from injury but he'll really be up for the game this weekend. hes a quality player. i just dont like him because he puts club before country

i think fergie does influence some refs because of his reputation and the time he has been in the game, particularly in home games. you cant call a manager a cheat for utilising his experience and power though. most fans hate utd (obviously except our fans) because of our recent records but there is a reason that utd, for example, dont concede many penalties at old trafford or receive fewer bookings. we dominate possession. when mistakes happen, they are blown out of proportion because its the majority who moan vs the minority. we have had plenty go against us too. fletcher and carricks red cards in europe spring to mind for starters. in football it seems you get more luck when your at the top though than when your scrapping at the bottom, thats for sure

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

gerrard really has had nothing to play for since he returned from injury but he'll really be up for the game this weekend. hes a quality player. i just dont like him because he puts club before country
I don't see whats the problem of putting club before country, Ronald used to do it.

Yeah, it's your opinion the ref was on our side. Doesn't mean it's true at all.

The ipswich fan above doesn't seem to think we influence anyone.

On that ipswich fan, his point is basically why most fans claim we cheat and influence the fa in my opinion.

It seems like we get the majority of decision because every dodgy pen we get it's blown in to a major story and it's never because the ref made a mistake it's because he was biased.

If birmingham get a dodgy penalty no one hears about it.
The IPSWICH fan. Listen to the team. They are in the Championship and I doubt he watches that many Premier League games. The Birmingham fan agreed with all the others (nearly)

typical fergie i cant belive gerrard has got away with everything though it sickens me that just because its gerrard he gets away with it.
Well many people hate it when Drogba dives 24/7 and ALWAYS gets away with it.

HAHA. Ferguson is God! He doesn't give a f*** about those F.A. c**ts. Stevie G the diver can f*** off to Madrid in the summer. GGMU! HGLU!!!
When has he ever dived? This is ridiculous, it's like you are making SO much up! It was for an undeliberate elbow that people started arguments so get your facts right. He deserves so many bans, the t**t Ferguson does.

Nice maths you've got there buddy.

Every game you are 1 down and it is approaching the end of the match and he gets 19 minutes of stoppage time?
dasty, Ben was just stating how Ferguson gets so much added time like the Man City game.

Not really.:P

Everyone always thinks they have been conned by the ref even when there are no major decisions because......fans are incredibly biased.:$

The ref could screw united over and the other set of fans will come out saying we got every decision.:$

Honestly, we don't get different treatment. Find me an example of us getting different treatment to other teams if you can. If you can then i'll hold my hands up and say occasionally we get different treatment from the fa.<)
Ronaldo used to get away with diving so much. Scholes gets away with murder.

Back