Ferguson slams 'dysfunctional' FA

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 4K
Hmm, is there a match this weekend? Who's the referee? Ah, right. I'm expecting Mash to get sent off twice and two dodgy penalties to be given against us. Evens out over the course of the season doesn't it Taggart? You can have Webb in your office for 'feedback' after the game over a bottle of meths again and praise what a good job he did and how he's the best referee in England.

Last time I checked this wasn't a playschool, so grow up.

Guys let's just stop posting stuff right now, or it'll turn into, as usual, an argument and people will get Infractions and Bans. Lucky Scott isn't here though otherwise it'll be twice as worse :P

Hmm, is there a match this weekend? Who's the referee? Ah, right. I'm expecting Mash to get sent off twice and two dodgy penalties to be given against us. Evens out over the course of the season doesn't it Taggart? You can have Webb in your office for 'feedback' after the game over a bottle of meths again and praise what a good job he did and how he's the best referee in England.
Come on zebedee, you know howard webb is the highest rated ref in england. He went to the euros and he'll probably go to the world cup so it makes sense he will be reffing the biggest game in england.:P Nothing to do with any supposed bias.:$

he is going to the world cup ando, hes been chosen from england

Guys let's just stop posting stuff right now, or it'll turn into, as usual, an argument and people will get Infractions and Bans. Lucky Scott isn't here though otherwise it'll be twice as worse :P

It already has turned into a argument.

You seem to have taken Scott's place since he has gone.

Maybe if you hadn't burst into the thread with your post qouting pretty much everyone then it wouldn't have descended into an argument?

Maybe if you hadn't burst into the thread with your post qouting pretty much everyone then it wouldn't have descended into an argument?
Sorry, aren't I allowed to express my opinions? And you were quoting before me.

I've had enough of this..

Anyone who goes off topic now or continues an argument will be infracted.

Can't we just lock it now and save you guys the trouble? :(

Come on zebedee, you know howard webb is the highest rated ref in england. He went to the euros and he'll probably go to the world cup so it makes sense he will be reffing the biggest game in england.:P Nothing to do with any supposed bias.:$

Taking out any of the bias stuff, he's been pretty shocking for at least two seasons (we can find a good half dozen of critical decisions which he's got wrong in each season and changed the outcome of the match as a result - that's not good refereeing).

It's something commented on within the game and by other referees that it is nothing short of amazing that he's still considered 'the best' by the FA considering just how many clangers he makes in big matches.

Alan Wiley, Chris Foy, Mike Dean and Andre Marriner are probably the best referees in England right now yet it never fails to surprise me to see Atkinson and Webb sent to the big occasions.

edit: Have a look at Webb's stats at International level and tell me if you don't spot something which would make you want to have Webb refereeing you as the home side, and worry if you were the away side ;)

Totals: Home Away Total
Penalties 10 4 14
Red 4 6 10
Yellow 104 134 238

Averages: Home Away Total
Penalties 0.17 0.07 0.24
Red 0.07 0.10 0.17
Yellow 1.79 2.31 4.10

Last edited:
Taking out any of the bias stuff, he's been pretty shocking for at least two seasons (we can find a good half dozen of critical decisions which he's got wrong in each season and changed the outcome of the match as a result - that's not good refereeing).

It's something commented on within the game and by other referees that it is nothing short of amazing that he's still considered 'the best' by the FA considering just how many clangers he makes in big matches.

Alan Wiley, Chris Foy, Mike Dean and Andre Marriner are probably the best referees in England right now yet it never fails to surprise me to see Atkinson and Webb sent to the big occasions.
Thats fair enough, i don't know how well he has been doing or not. Don't really look out for who is reffing any paticular game.
<)

Back