FIFA 13 Thread

There's a plethora of footage on youtube by the likes of Calfreezy, KSI and airjapesfifa in case anyone is interested and wasn't aware.

The gameplay really is very good on this demo. A few small tweaks have led to a much improved game, and the first touch control is brilliant, but frustrating as ****. I've found the games too short though, as you don't really have the time to build moves from the back as it's HT before you know it, and it seems to be focused on playing centrally, as runs on the wings are pretty poor and it is very difficult to gain a yard to whip a ball in.

Same thing just happened to my mate. It's a conspiracy!

Looking forward to this, but I won't get my hopes up too high. Traditionally FIFA demos have been poor, only to get the game and it's awesome. It doesn't help that they give you a ridiculously short game time, so before you've even begun to get a feel for the game, it's over.

More annoying as I'm trying to save for a new laptop/desktop. Sigh.

Still, can go round mates on release day to play it so not too bad.

Initial impressions are good. I don't really see too much of a change from last year? I think bigger players (physically) do much better against smaller players. So the likes of Theo Walcott are easier to get off the ball with Yaya Toure, who is an absolute beast by the way.

I still struggle to do skills and prefer PES for that.

The game seems faster, which is good. Overlaps are still a problem too.

Ugh, having to download Origin just to get the PC Demo. It better be worth it.

Where is the best place to pre-order Fifa 13, if you live in England?

Not a pre-order but normally Tesco & Asda seem the best places to pick up the football games.

The cheapest at the moment online is Tesco Entertainment if your looking at getting it that way.

Great-FIFA-13-offer - Tesco Entertainment - Free Delivery

15% off their price if you use their code on that link. £39.50 for the UT edition or £36.47 for the standard edition. If you use cashback sites of either Quidco or Top Cash Back, then you can get a further 8% off. £36.34 for the UT edition or £33.55 for the standard edition. Also, from personal experience they have always delivered for release date :)

Balotelli is unbelievable, A definite future buy on ultimate team.

Think the Demo is one of the best Fifa's ihave been on, little things that make a big difference,

Like how strict the cards are, and how keepers can now get sent off

Also the attacking movement of players is alot more intelligent.. also the little mistakes players make such as first touch ETC

tried the fifa 13 demo recently. only thing that bugs me is the commentary. thanks for reminding me that Squifs is still in the club ;)

trying to get used to the gameplay, but its painfully hard when playing fifa in pc now days :/

[video=youtube;Ssbh-ETkscE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssbh-ETkscE[/video]
This is FIFA12, so if it's half as bad then it's true

when is Fifa going to get a diving addition? I remember PES had it a few years back.. Or does PES still have the rights for it?

Yes. On PS3 its L1 + L2 + R2 + R3 ( me thinks :D)

Do they have to have rights for diving? I don't think many people even dive much on PEs

I do on PES. It's ****** hard to do it right, but for every 10 yellow cards, I get 1 free pen ^^)

when is Fifa going to get a diving addition? I remember PES had it a few years back.. Or does PES still have the rights for it?

From what I have heard the Danny Welbeck special edition is currently in development. Their looking into ways of improving on the Ashley Young version as it didn't do so well and the sales sharply nose dived last season.

Why EA? Why do you only yet players that played it last year use Ultimate Team? I can only use it on my PSN account but I don't have a PS3 anymore. I have to wait till I get Fifa 13 to start my ultimate team!!!!!

The demo this year is basically the same as Fifa 12, the only differences I see are transfers, kits and a few more runs being made. Hopefully the full game will be different but I don't have much hope. EA have added a lot of new features, the new training mini-games, International management along with other major Career Mode updates, which makes me believe they have concentrated on the features rather than the game play which is kind of disappointing.

Regardless, I have pre-ordered and I won't be off this game for the next 12 months.