FIFA 13 Thread

The demo this year is basically the same as Fifa 12, the only differences I see are transfers, kits and a few more runs being made. Hopefully the full game will be different but I don't have much hope. EA have added a lot of new features, the new training mini-games, International management along with other major Career Mode updates, which makes me believe they have concentrated on the features rather than the game play which is kind of disappointing.

Regardless, I have pre-ordered and I won't be off this game for the next 12 months.

The problem I have with this, is there are enough features, the game play is truly awful even on the highest difficulty and ruins the game when defenders and attackers don't move intelligently off the ball. Like FM, the core component of the title has to be the match 'engine', and from what I can see in some ways this is the same as three years ago, indeed fifa2010 had some better match features they removed in the current title.

The problem I have with this, is there are enough features, the game play is truly awful even on the highest difficulty and ruins the game when defenders and attackers don't move intelligently off the ball. Like FM, the core component of the title has to be the match 'engine', and from what I can see in some ways this is the same as three years ago, indeed fifa2010 had some better match features they removed in the current title.

I disagree, even in the demo you can see attacking intelligence now off the ball which was lacking in Fifa 12. I think the gameplay in Fifa 13 is pretty sweet, sure they might have the first touch control a bit O.T.T but it does stop the people who just have their finger on sprint the whole game. I honestly do not know what is wrong with the gameplay, I think people always moans and at the end of the day it is a football game so what do you expect every year, it is not going to change into some brand new game.

I just don't understand what is wrong with the gameplay... I think it is very good.

my favorite players this year are Marco Reus,Mario Balotelli and Stephan Lichtsteiner Balotelli is just CLASS

So, what d'ya think Raik? I am loving it so far personally, love the first touch and how it has changed the complexion of matches completely, them sprint holders are no more. ;)

At the moment I am building a Serie A Ultimate Team as well, going to play a few matches with it tomorrow. :)

Great game, Pro clubs is great fun. Almost finished Russian Premier league team.

Personally I have been put off UT after FIFA 12, it was a mess. However I enjoy Head-to-Head seasons, the engine seems much slower and more realistic. Had the game for 2 days and im in Division 9 :)

Enjoying it so far, first touch's a bit odd sometimes though.

Shout out to all the ***** who pick Real Madrid, PSG or Barcelona constantly, online.

anyone else having probelms getting onto fifa 13? mine gets to "Updating EAS FA Catalogue" and doesnt do anything?

anyone else having probelms getting onto fifa 13? mine gets to "Updating EAS FA Catalogue" and doesnt do anything?

Fifa has been on its **** ever since the release day, career mode constantly crashes, online is quite laggy and UT is riddled with bugs such as cards getting stuck/lost in peoples trade piles and watch lists.

Fifa has been on its **** ever since the release day, career mode constantly crashes, online is quite laggy and UT is riddled with bugs such as cards getting stuck/lost in peoples trade piles and watch lists.

This. Really hope the lag gets sorted out. And the other glitches were evident in FIFA 12 as well. It would crash one in every 3 or 4 times I loaded it up.

Only played about 10 games so far, but my early feelings are that it's gotten worse. IMO Fifa 12 was excellent and I really don't see why they felt the need to change so much. Not in the mood for going into my reasons too much now, but when I can be bothered I'll explain a bit more. I need to give the game a proper chance as well.

Not had much time to play it but when I have I have had no problems. I have heard about alot of people experiencing issues. From personal experience this is better than Fifa 12 as that reguarly had problems with any modes that involve signing into the EA servers.

am i the only person with the problem were you bid on a card and win it, then it gets stuck so you cant put in trade pile. really annoying as i wanna increase my coins but cant pick up bargains cause i have no coins left, as the card is still stuck in watchlist.

am i the only person with the problem were you bid on a card and win it, then it gets stuck so you cant put in trade pile. really annoying as i wanna increase my coins but cant pick up bargains cause i have no coins left, as the card is still stuck in watchlist.

Sure this is annoying but jesus you know how many people play Ultimate Team?? Have some patience and it sorts itself out sooner rather than later, takes maximum of an hour for me when it gets stuck, no big deal.

Regarding the issues of lag online and game modes crashing, I have no idea because I haven't been having any of these problems.

Got to say the online on this game is awful atm. Just spent 15 minutes getting into a game ffs. The first time opponent was found and I was waiting in the arena for about 3 minutes before it finally joined the game and told me I'd lost connection to my opponent. Second time I submitted my team and searched for an opponent and the game froze.

When I eventually got into a game I found that it was an absolute lag ridden mess. Of the 10 or so online games I've played, none have been 100% free of lag. I sorely hope they fix the servers or I'm going to be sick of the game within a month.

Even when there is virtually no lag I've found the online gameplay to be inferior to FIFA 12. On that game more often than not I felt like I won or lost because I deserved to. Now it's impossible to play decent passing football because of the first touch feature and the tendency of the players to overhit everything. A gentle tap of the X/A button should send the ball to the closest player, but half the time it goes to the 2nd or even 3rd player, resulting in loss of possession or a slow in the pace of the attack.

Considering how much I was looking forward to this game (I thought FIFA 12 was excellent) I've pretty disappointed so far. Fixing the online would turn it back into a good/ v. good game- but until that happens it doesn't come close to the last FIFA IMO.

dunno what all the moaning is about, this years is excellent so far first touch control is awesome its a fifa game i can play longer than 30-45 mins. ultimate team is ace, sure there is lag and cards getting stuck but nothing that won't get fixed. for IMO alot better than 12. and for everyone moaning that 12 is better just put it back in the computer problem solved then eh? or is that just me...........

dunno what all the moaning is about, this years is excellent so far first touch control is awesome its a fifa game i can play longer than 30-45 mins. ultimate team is ace, sure there is lag and cards getting stuck but nothing that won't get fixed. for IMO alot better than 12. and for everyone moaning that 12 is better just put it back in the computer problem solved then eh? or is that just me...........

If they fix the issues it's fine. As for the first touch thing I just don't really think it was necessary. It's okay in lower league games but it shouldn't be that noticeable with top level teams, and it seems to happen at the most random times. And clearly you can't just go back to FIFA 12 because none of the updates have been done.