FIFA vs PES (Let's Settle it!)

• Thread starter Thread starter BrutalZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 5K
just played the pes demo i dont like it the passing is bad allso it dosen't feel like am in control of the players like fifa
the refs are bad aswell
for me its fifa this year

I thought the opposite, in the new PES the passing is amazing, it really feels 360, they went were I was aiming them, they did not feel AI assisted like on FIFA

i have played both demo's today and it just wants to make me buy them now. Both games have there pluses and their negatives i love them both.

i've had a few games with the fifa one, going to play a few more then after school i'll let you know :)

Going to download the PES demo now, after spending much of the day enjoying the FIFA counterpart.

haven't played PES demo yet but player a couple matches of FIFA 11 demo. I'm not excited by it as much as I was by FIFA 10 (maybe cos I hadn't had a football game since FIFA 08). The FIFA 11 demo felt a bit (without use of better word) clunky. Probably because I'm not used to the new passing system. Really don't like the penalty system as well :D but again will probs just take some getting used to ;) I will probs get FIFA 11 (unless the PES demo is immense) but not as excited as I was by FIFA 10

Not impressed with FIFA11 demo, I have been FIFA fanatatic since the turn of the century and the progression of the games year by year has been sensational, but I have to say compared to the jump from 09 to 10, 11 really doesn't seem better in anyway. I suppose all games like this take getting used too after having played FIFA10 consistently for a year straight and I know it is only a demo. But my opinion is the computer seems very difficult to get past. I played 3 games on World Class with Real then Chelsea and managed 2 shots in all 3 games! Not the greatest Fifa player in the world but I am decent as a few of you may know, and to only manage 2 shooting opportunities in 3 games! The defending seems to have been way overpowered which although maybe more realistic, takes a degree of fun out of the game, as it is certainly difficult to take on a player, even with the likes of Ronaldo!

I played 3 games on World Class with Real then Chelsea and managed 2 shots in all 3 games! Not the greatest Fifa player in the world but I am decent as a few of you may know, and to only manage 2 shooting opportunities in 3 games!

That's probably down to the demo length, 3 minute halves isn't really enough time to build up a good attack more than once or twice a game. On FIFA 10, you'd probably get about 4-5 chances a game on World Class/Legendary and that's with 5-6 minute halves, so it seems about right.

The problem with the demo is Juventus, Lyon, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen all seem to play very defensive. Play against Barca or Arsenal for more attacking opportunities.

With the game speed and new passing system, the game mechanics encourage build play, it's just a shame that you don't get long enough to actualy do that effectively.

i was pes then i it was fifa bt this years pes is goin to push fifa all the way this time

That's probably down to the demo length, 3 minute halves isn't really enough time to build up a good attack more than once or twice a game. On FIFA 10, you'd probably get about 4-5 chances a game on World Class/Legendary and that's with 5-6 minute halves, so it seems about right.

The problem with the demo is Juventus, Lyon, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen all seem to play very defensive. Play against Barca or Arsenal for more attacking opportunities.

With the game speed and new passing system, the game mechanics encourage build play, it's just a shame that you don't get long enough to actualy do that effectively.
Yes good summary I'd say, I will of course buy the game and I'm sure it will be different when playing with my mates but I only just downloaded and managed to play a couple of games earlier, which I really did not enjoy!

Hmm I might have to hive PES a try this year, doesn't get played in this household. It's all about Fifa lounge mode's and ranked matches ;)

its all about fifa (H):) but this season pes2011 looks better in gameplay n ****

this thread is a perfect example of why abortion should be legalized/protected/supported.

Last edited:
Now that I have played both....

Fifa 2011 Demo

Passing 9/10: Good passing, the new pro passing to prevent "pingpong passing" is a much needed change to the series. I won't say it is perfect, simple things such as long balls are a little too easy, even in manual. This may be just my opinion, but I think manual passing should be made more difficult.

Ball Play 10/10: Not much to say, I think it is much better than 09's and this is just the demo!

Shooting 8/10: Good shooting, but unrealistic dip has brought it down in my experience.

Defending 9/10: To make it short and sweet, the Defending is great, improved tackling, and those with high tackling (John Terry) make great sweeping tackles. A much more balanced tackling system.

So all in all it is a great demo, fantastic improvements from 09. Some issues will surely be improved, but it is a great demo none the less.

Demo Rating: 8/10

I will just give the PES demo ratings as I was testing FIFA.

Passing 8/10
Ball Play 9/10
Shooting 8/10
Defending 7/10

Also a good demo, for more experienced PES players it may appeal to more. Some great improvments which have got me wanting to possibly buy both this year.

Demo Rating: 7/10

Really looking forward to play the pes 11 demo. Finally have some spare time to do so. Downloading right now, really looking forward to the L2 Passing system.

Last edited:
I'm a PES fan and will probably stay that way but its getting more FIFA like each year.

I was a PES fan till 08 when it got absolutely carp and played fifa since then only thing on fifa 10 that annoyed me was the keepers racing off there lines and scoring chipped goals been too easy. I played about 10 games on the fifa 11 demo's and there seems to be no keepers charging off the line but it seems a little easier to score played on experienced level and winning games 5 or 6-0 and its only 3 minutes a half i hope it is not that easy in the full game at midnight!

Back