FIFA vs PES (Let's Settle it!)

• Thread starter Thread starter BrutalZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 5K
Personally I lean toward PES because I liked the way controls work. FIFA controls felt too weird for me. However FIFA does have nice graphics and more official(team name, etc) than PES. I just go with PES because I enjoyed playing it more. I don't think I'll get either this year though. Already have FIFA 09 and PES 2010 so I'm good.

Ign just make a video review for FIFA 11,and.....I think they're right

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/28/fifa-soccer-11-video-review?objectid=60992

I don't like whoever was playing for the footage they used... They used the chip as their preferred finish and did a cut back for the second shown goal :P Also you can't really call being a keeper boring as a negative point, what does he expect the keeper to do when the opposition aren't attacking? Charge up the pitch and join in?

Ok, here is my review for fifa 11, apologies it took so long.

Fifa 11 Demo

Passing 9/10: Good passing, isn't as easy as fifa 10. Pro passing is much more realistic and effectively eliminates the 'ping pong' passing from fifa 10 which brought it down a lot. It's not as easy with misplaced passing being more frequent depending on how good that players passing is and their position/body stance.

Dribbling 9/10: Much harder than fifa 10, and as such, much more realistic. Being in possession of the ball actually slows you down this time round, unless you knock it in front of you (by flicking the right analog stick in the desired direction, not sure what it's called) You need to make good use of skill moves if you are to beat opposition players, unless it's Ronaldo against someone who plays for Darlington, obviously.

Shooting 9/10: On Fifa 10 when using a finesse shot, even with full power the shot would be extremely tepid should the player be at any sort of angle, but this has been improved upon, thank god. Shooting is good and quite realistic making long shots much more fun and exciting. Unrealistic dip (as IrishScouse mentioned) does however bring it down a bit.

Defending 8/10: It's still quite easy to just hold down X (or A) and win the ball. A 2 year old could accomplish that. I enjoy making slide tackles, which do feel very realistic with the sweeping motion in which they're executed, especially with good defenders like Terry, Ramos, Puyol etc.

Demo Rating 9/10: Overall very good, much improved from last year eliminating some major problems, still with a few things to fix, but nothing that will stop the game from being enjoyed.

Back