Flops of The Season XI

• Thread starter Thread starter sass101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 6K
you like to complain when im apparently biased but when i actually say somthing against chelsea your still avin a go. grow up mate yer. i personaly belive he was single handidly at fault for some of our goals this season.
mate you've hardly criticised him you read it, you then go on to mention him winning the fa cup and the league, and then say hes made of sterner stuff. he made some mistakes, but he wasnt a flop, he wasnt even poor. he was decent overall, pretty good at times. if he been a flop this season, chelsea wouldnt have done the double.

maybe this is a lttile harsh, but also wayne bridge. i did not see him have a good game all season, though im willing to be corrected on that

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

I'm surprised no one has remembered Owen, sometimes I ask myself does Owen even play for united any more it seems he's at the horse racing too much?
owen came on a free, scored a few crucial goals and got injured. pretty much what you could expect from owen lol. though i guess it depends on whether you were expecting the owen of old, in which case he would be a massive flop

mate you've hardly criticised him you read it, you then go on to mention him winning the fa cup and the league, and then say hes made of sterner stuff. he made some mistakes, but he wasnt a flop, he wasnt even poor. he was decent overall, pretty good at times. if he been a flop this season, chelsea wouldnt have done the double.

maybe this is a lttile harsh, but also wayne bridge. i did not see him have a good game all season, though im willing to be corrected on that

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

owen came on a free, scored a few crucial goals and got injured. pretty much what you could expect from owen lol. though i guess it depends on whether you were expecting the owen of old, in which case he would be a massive flop

compared to past seasons terry has been poor this year simple as that. and yes he was big in us winning the double but i belive his teamates wanted to win it for him. just off the top of my head he cost us a win at everton single handidly through really bad desitions. and yes i belive bridge has been woefull this season, so glad we sold him, zhirkov is a much better left back.

Mr Zhirkov who rarely ever plays? Bridge's crossing ability is brilliant but he had a rubbish season though

Mr Zhirkov who rarely ever plays? Bridge's crossing ability is brilliant but he had a rubbish season though

zhirkov was injured up untill the point when ashley cole got injured, and when he played he was brilliant. has a sensational cross and brilliant at beating his man and getting into the opponants box. i would love to see more of him next season and i think we will.

compared to past seasons terry has been poor this year simple as that. and yes he was big in us winning the double but i belive his teamates wanted to win it for him. just off the top of my head he cost us a win at everton single handidly through really bad desitions. and yes i belive bridge has been woefull this season, so glad we sold him, zhirkov is a much better left back.
it sounds harsh but the one good thing that came out of the whole saga is that bridge quit international football. baines is a much better left back

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

zhirkov was injured up untill the point when ashley cole got injured, and when he played he was brilliant. has a sensational cross and brilliant at beating his man and getting into the opponants box. i would love to see more of him next season and i think we will.
need to work on his defence but hes very good going forward. aslo another flop would be lescott. did nothing, got injured came back did nothing.

do you have to mention chelsea at every opportunity? terry had a decent season personal performance wise, hardly makes him a flop. any **** he had to go through was partially self inflicted

my flops

jason scotland, jozy altidore, clark carlisle

Agree with Altidore, despite lots of people has named him as possible World Cup star. Including me :D

I wouldn't class Owen as a flop - he was a free transfer and I think he agreed on a wage drop evrytime he is injured. Zhirkov would be my flop of the season - I had really high hopes for him

I wouldn't class Owen as a flop - he was a free transfer and I think he agreed on a wage drop evrytime he is injured. Zhirkov would be my flop of the season - I had really high hopes for him

again i can see but your just saying zhirkov because of his price but he was injured up untill january and when he came in for ashley cole filling in at left back he was very good made alot of goals for us.

Almunia And Fabianski :(
Also just for the overall performance aspect, sagna.. thats just arsenal

the biggest flop in the prem in my opinion has been aquilaini, no doubt, 25 million pounds.. of kak

again i can see but your just saying zhirkov because of his price but he was injured up untill january and when he came in for ashley cole filling in at left back he was very good made alot of goals for us.

Well I wouldn't spend that much for a player to be back up to Ashley Cole. I'm pretty sure they thought he would oust Malouda who has proved everyone wrong. Maybe 'flop' is a little harsh but he's been a major disappointment for me

Owen was hardly a flop. That goal against City was enough to make him a hero in my eyes.

Who was actually expecting him to do anything, and what more do you want for free?

Berbatov on the other hand....

Zhirkov has proved a more than able understudy to Cashley and played a huge part especially in helping Chelsea dismantle a good Villa side 7-1. Michael Owen was fit for 43 of the first 44 games of the season before his injury in the carling cup final. His appearances were limited because of Rooney.

Arshavin was a flop in the big games when Arsenal needed his genius to shine through.
Michael Carrick has been very poor this year and I'm surprised he's in the england 30 if its based on form rather than reputation.
Michael Mancienne seems a player who has been hyped up (mostly due to his ludicrous England squad inclusion in Germany) and seems to fail to deliver whether it be at centre half or in central midfield

If you're talking about price Lescott for City has been ****.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Roque Santa Cruz. I have nothing against City but christ they know how to spend on ****.

Kalinic And Salgado Are You Having A Laugh?
Theyve been our best players pal

you're best players? what about Samba, Morten Gamst, Paul Robinson. I Don't really see Kalinic grabbing much good reviews recently, but Salgado is class always thought he was a good player no matter how old he is.

Kalinic And Salgado Are You Having A Laugh?
Theyve been our best players pal

totally agree with you mate, i like kalinic alot hes strong holds up play well and can finish and has a temper thats needed as a premiership striker. i see him doing well and as for salgado his just a class act simple as that.

Yeh but he is up top on his own against two big centre halves and works his socks off!

Back