Flops of The Season XI

• Thread starter Thread starter sass101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 6K
Zhirkov has proved a more than able understudy to Cashley and played a huge part especially in helping Chelsea dismantle a good Villa side 7-1. Michael Owen was fit for 43 of the first 44 games of the season before his injury in the carling cup final. His appearances were limited because of Rooney.

Arshavin was a flop in the big games when Arsenal needed his genius to shine through.
Michael Carrick has been very poor this year and I'm surprised he's in the england 30 if its based on form rather than reputation.
Michael Mancienne seems a player who has been hyped up (mostly due to his ludicrous England squad inclusion in Germany) and seems to fail to deliver whether it be at centre half or in central midfield
carricks form for englan is much better than his united form, as he gets given more time on the ball cos of the way we play

My Flops:

GK : Almunia Arsenal
DL : McCartney SAFC
DR: McShane Hull
DC: Carlise Burnley
DC: Cauldwell Wigan
ML: Utaka Portsmouth
MR: Wright-Phillips Man City
MC: Aqulani Liverpool
MC: Bullard Hull
FC: Scotland Wigan
FC: Altidore Hull

These are my thoughts i will happily argue the case for my selections just ask :)

Last edited:
My Flops:

ML: Zhirkov Chelsea

These are my thoughts i will happily argue the case for my selections just ask :)

dont think zhirkov was a flop he was injured most of the season and when he came in for ashley cole he was brilliant.

My Flops:

ML: Utaka Portsmouth

disagree on wright phillips, hes barely played, but when hes come on hes looked dangerous, Respect your opinion though, and Utaka...... just terrible XD

disagree on wright phillips, hes barely played, but when hes come on hes looked dangerous, Respect your opinion though, and Utaka...... just terrible XD

SWP has been poor and I like him so is hard for me to say but he has been outshone by Johnson and he played less games and looked more of a threat each game, Yes he hasnt played becasue of his poor form hence his flop i feel, yeah Utaka cant believe I nearly left him out

Foster - (promised so much)
McShane - (captain flop)
Caldwell - (sent off for Celtic, Wigan and Scotland and more cards than Birthdays)
Terry - (in comparsion to previous seasons)
Mancienne - (yet to see him have a good game)
Gerrard - (in comparsion to previous seasons)
Aquilani - (injury and Benitez didn't help)
Carrick - (easily his worst season in a Utd shirt)
Heskey - (how's he on the plane?)
Santa Cruz - (is he still alive?)
Mido - (only on £1,000 a week, that's £999 too much)

Agree on all but aquilani, hes been injured all season and has played about 4 games, Id place someone like Hendry Thomas in there, so much was expected of him

Agree on all but aquilani, hes been injured all season and has played about 4 games, Id place someone like Hendry Thomas in there, so much was expected of him

I'd probably blame Benitez mainly for his poor season. I think he just doesn't like the look of him, similar to Robbie Keane

You could also put albert riera or Luis Jimenez in there

This is mine, dont remember Making one

GK: Hilario
DR: Bosingwa
DC: Amaya
DC: Duff
DL: Bridge
MR: Faubert
MC: Reo-Coker
MC: Mokoena
ML: Riera
ST: Berbatov
ST: Keane

This is mine, dont remember Making one

GK: Hilario
DR: Bosingwa
DC: Amaya
DC: Duff
DL: Bridge
MR: Faubert
MC: Reo-Coker
MC: Mokoena
ML: Riera
ST: Berbatov
ST: Keane

Bosingwa has been injured bit unfair, Reo-Coker never played and Keane wasn't in league for half of season also Bridge has had played well when he has been fit hardly a flop

Bosingwa has been injured bit unfair, Reo-Coker never played and Keane wasn't in league for half of season also Bridge has had played well when he has been fit hardly a flop
he has made about 30 crosses, and not one of them has reached a player (Lee Taylor IRC)
Bosingwa cost them 16m, he looks weak at the back and imo they could get much better
Reo-coker is shocking
And thats why i put keane in there, he was so bad in the prem that he had to go to the SPL

he has made about 30 crosses, and not one of them has reached a player (Lee Taylor IRC)
Bosingwa cost them 16m, he looks weak at the back and imo they could get much better
Reo-coker is shocking
And thats why i put keane in there, he was so bad in the prem that he had to go to the SPL

bosingwa is not a flop and he hasent played at all this season so he cant be flop this season. and we beat compitition from alot of big teams to sign him and they were still intrested after is first season. i belive people have just forgotten about him thats all.

bosingwa is not a flop and he hasent played at all this season so he cant be flop this season. and we beat compitition from alot of big teams to sign him and they were still intrested after is first season. i belive people have just forgotten about him thats all.

I agree with Bosingwa, injured half season...

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:04 PM ----------

I wouldn't class Owen as a flop - he was a free transfer and I think he agreed on a wage drop evrytime he is injured. Zhirkov would be my flop of the season - I had really high hopes for him

True about Owen. For a free transfer - hardly a flop. Same about the first post - Eurosport failed with Ben Haim - free transfer so I don't think he's a flop. Zhirkov - Hoped lot from him, fantastic pre-season, great goal vs. AC Milan but the rest of the season didn't work out well tho ...
And quite bad idea from Chelsea to search a replacement for our A. Coleyy boy. And even if he can play in midfield, Chelsea have Malouda already there ....

I didn't know so much was expected of Hendry Thomas, he came from an obscure Honduran side, he's hardly going to make a huge impact in the Premier League.

Back