FM 2010 Cheating and Editing Tools for cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagallo

Reaction score
Hi FM community, this is part of my research coursework for Uni, so hope you can give me an honest response.
Well, the majority of people hate cheaters in sport, so I would like to know why when they play FM they cheat with editing tools, improving stadium, more money, increasing players stats, etc.
To me, the whole fun of the game is the challenge to manage your resources and win, that's why I always choose small clubs, but Editing Tools to me is a thumbs down!!
What do you think?
Are you listening Sean "The Administrator"?

i dont use it but the point of the game is to enjoy it and if using things like the editor gives you more enjoy ment then why not, and sean is just helping these people find the reasources?

Its just a game mate. Some people like to make things a bit easier. I did when I first began playing.

Why is this aimed at Sean?

Yes I'm listening.

I understand where you are coming from as I'm like you. I don't use these tools either. But I can see why people do. For some it's simply to do daft things and create weird scenarios. For others it's simply to win at any cost.

Sean doesn't use cheats!

Clearly you are puzzled by the point of editors. Editors aren't used just for cheating! Editors are used for a challenge or adding leagues!! Or creating your own team with a limited budget!

I don't use the tools either. I did used to hwoever back in the old Champ Man 01/02 up to bout champ man 4 save a game then reload it if I lost. I stopped doing this after I played a game with my mates as I was rubbbish compared to them as they actually learned to use tactics and what not and i hadn't. SO since bout Champ Man 5 onwards til FM 2010 I do things the right way and it feels better :)

Without the Editor how could we create super leagues and people like Kris create his leagues.

the reason i use save game editor is because after a whole day or work i just wanna come back home n enjoy FM without having to get frustrated with the way they play and not having enough transfer budget.
i believe those who are working will felt the same way right? already having a tough time at work im sure u dun wanna come back n see your team keep losing n u were like keep shouting at your pc Shoot you stupid!!.
but usually i just edit their morale and condition though

I cant use them the editor never works on my pc GOD DAM YOU TOSHIBA!!

i think that some people may just not be very good managers and don't have the skill as Redrup and Danny so people become good by using cheat functions

Ive used the editor for a laugh and to mess about with small teams... but im not desperate that i use it for winning..

i think that some people may just not be very good managers and don't have the skill as Redrup and Danny so people become good by using cheat functions

Skills as Redrup & Danny.

Did you hear this Redrup we have skills. :D

I really hope he means Me and not SunderlandDanny.

Without the Editor how could we create super leagues and people like Kris create his leagues.
Div_Muzza, I'm sorry about wrong understanding of my post. I'm only interested in your views.
It was never my intention to have a go at Sean, but rather as an Admin in charge, what was his views on this, and if he feels is ok to have a Edit cheat-tool in the site.
And regarding the Edit Tools for packages, like logos, faces, kits, or superleagues that's not cheating but rather update .
I'm interested in views about people who hate cheaters in football, but themselves cheat when playing FM, and how can they explained that.
Take care

Well, the majority of people hate cheaters in sport, so I would like to know why when they play FM they cheat with editing tools, improving stadium, more money, increasing players stats, etc.

FM is not a sport. FM is not competitive. Someone cheating in FM would not effect peoples lives.

To me, the whole fun of the game is the challenge to manage your resources and win, that's why I always choose small clubs, but Editing Tools to me is a thumbs down!!
[/FONT]

There you go, it's all opinion. For some people the fun comes from simply just being able to buy all the best players in the world and not have to worry about finances etc.

FM is not a sport. FM is not competitive. Someone cheating in FM would not effect peoples lives.

There you go, it's all opinion. For some people the fun comes from simply just being able to buy all the best players in the world and not have to worry about finances etc.

You are missing the point Lee, so regarding your view its ok to cheat if it doesn't affect people's life??
My point is, as a matter of principles, ethics and character you should be against it no matter what.

Last edited:
I can see where you are coming from. However i use the FMRTE as a tool for unique id codes rather than the setting on fm. I also like to see if clubs get alot of funding after a takeover. I have no problem with anyone else using it if it makes them happy.

I personally have only ever used a FM editor if a key player is injured and i have a big game coming up, but I've not used it in a while as I use a rotation system that keeps my players happy and gives my youth experience

I would say the most common usage of the editors is probably to imagine if a wealthy owner bought the team and infused funds. I think most people don't give themselves 500 million euros or anything... just something realistic, like 15M... something like that.

Other times I use it where I am dissatisfied with the default stats for a player...

I dont do either one all the time and enjoy dealing with the problems of the default database at times... but the editor also is a nice way to enhance my enjoyment of the game.

For instance, when you play a lot of different games, its fun to see what it would be like to run West Ham if they had 15M to spend on transfers, etc...

EDIT: To me, this is a far cry from being West Ham and giving myself 100M and buying Aguero... or something like that. Sometimes its fun to play with team X and see "what if they had a decent, realistic transfer budget?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.