FM 2010 Cheating and Editing Tools for cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I use editors is when I want an obscure challenge. One that I did was create a team in the EPL with no players, no staff and £30 million and try and survive the first season. It was good fun but I failed. That's why the editor is so good, it adds an extra dimension to the game.

I do it for laughs. Sometimes a generate a bunch of Wonderkids for Charlton Athletic and just watch my team ravage League 1 and the Championship. However I get more fun out of winning fairly. My Charlton victories do feel slightly hollow ;p

Wow!
What a discussion about if people cheat or not. What´s the whole point, just let people ajust their game if the want to, I don´t see the problem.
If they want to create a superteam by cheating, it´s their choice, just laugh at them because they can´t manage a team properly.

Now I must admit that, when the new FM is in, I always use the editor once for making myself as a talented youngster, but thats no big deal is it (A)

the "challenge" is too effing stressful, and no fun at all, when all you want to do is build a team that wins, like in old CM's. the editor relieves some of that stress.

I don't use the tools either. I did used to hwoever back in the old Champ Man 01/02 up to bout champ man 4 save a game then reload it if I lost. I stopped doing this after I played a game with my mates as I was rubbbish compared to them as they actually learned to use tactics and what not and i hadn't. SO since bout Champ Man 5 onwards til FM 2010 I do things the right way and it feels better :)

I've done that with Fulham on 07 before, Michael Brown got English player of the year, never cheated since though, I realised it ruined the game

just because you use the editor it means your cheating? i use it because i dont agree with how the players are rated , like jay thomas from arsenal is CA-92 that is **** that means hes just about good enough for a leauge 1 team and in real life he done ok a blackpool scoring some nice goals and latley hes been on the arsenal bench, and i dont just edit the arsenal players i go though the all the prem teams and make people better or worse depending on i think , like i make hines,danny rose, Darren bents finishing,jorden henderson,milner,rodwell and loads more.

i hear you, nick. i gave the Everton youngsters a boost in CA and PA, along with quite a few other players in the english leagues.

I personally dont use them, but my younger brother does(15yrs). He has only being playing for a few weeks, so he is still on a learning curve, so I downloaded FMRTE and Genie Scout, to help him. He now doesnt need the scout, and only uses the FMRTE for Cash. They are essentially tutoring tools for some, whereas some just use them to have a bit of fun, with more money than Man City, or to have a fully fit squad.

cheating - you might as well don't play the game. i mean come on, i don't see anything when you cheat. more money? pointless

I hate the cheating side to it all. Obviously I don't hold anything against people who cheat because to each their own but it's annoying because a lot more people cheat than they let on. I've come across so many stories where there have been some slight cheats etc that go unnoticed and obviously I'm not gonna bring it up and **** up someone's thread but I hate it when people take credit for achievment when they know they've cheated.

I admit, cheating is pointless. I've never used FMRTE, but I've downloaded Genie Scout and apparently it don't work so I deleted it. Only use the Editor to create new stuff e.g. my local town's football club along with the players there and facilities etc.

I used FMRTE last year on one save just to see what it was like. It took a lot of the enjoyment out of the game for me though, despite me only really using it to look at CA/PA and inspire my team every so often.

However, I can see why some people might like to play the game without some of the finer detail such as the need to manage your finances or rely on scouts/assistant to tell you how good your team is, or find good prospects or signings.

sometimes, it is fun to cheat and there is a guarantee that you won't break the keyboard or yourself:D

i used the data editor to slightly increase exeter citys reputation and player stats because they were too low and underrated;)i have used the fmrte before though to check the stats of my team though but generally dont cheat(A)

I have a question... please help... How can i stop my friends from cheating at a online multiplayer game ? I mean.. is it possible to ban them from using fm modifier or fm scout or any other in-game editor ?

Please help.. because i really like to play a safe, real football manager !

ive only used the editor to create my own local team so i can take them from the lowest league to higher, ive also used it to change stuff like the spain kit etc. so it looks more realistic. ive never used it for cheating, but i can see burningsunz point and agree with that, it is nice to just be able to whack on fm and have nowt to worry about. plus i only use fmrte to find the unique id's like one bloke said :)

The only time I don't like people cheating is when:

a) They are playing a network game with other people.

b) They are playing a network game with me!

c) They post a screenshot of something edited with the FMRTE and try and pass it off as legitimate.

If none of the above apply, then why should it bother me? Who cares what 3rd-party software someone is using on their single player game?

And I just noticed this thread was necro'd.

for fm10 i dont use any in game editor... just using the editor to improve some league....
in fm09 i have use ingame editor not for money or attribute but only for nationality...
u know in england sometime if u sign a player from outside eu nation u need a permit...
i usually sign a player but cannot play in the league, so i add their nationality so they can play... :D
i agree with billy especially the third reason, i really hate that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.