FM 2010 Cheating and Editing Tools for cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missing the point Lee, so regarding your view its ok to cheat if it doesn't affect people's life??
My point is, as a matter of principles, ethics and character you should be against it no matter what.

You missed my point too. It's ok to cheat in FM because it's a GAME. If someone cheats in a sport, gameshow, contest, or whatever then there are consequences. Just because someone decides to cheat in a game it doesn't mean they have no principles, it simply means they find enjoyment from the game in different ways to you.

If someone decided to load up the editor and give his team millions of pounds why should I care? How that person spends their time playing a game has nothing to do with anyone, as long as they don't make it peoples business of course.

TL;DR - Cheating in a game doesn't mean you're a seedy person who should go to ****.

Also it's been shown that games with easier achievements (especially for xbox) sell more. Games with easy trophies etc have been shown to sell 40k to 50k more. So it's sound business practice.

My view is just simple. If people want to cheat that's fair enough, they paid the money for the game and can do what they want. Obviously though the most enjoyment and sense of fulfillment (Limited of course due to the fact it is only a game) comes from succeeding without these cheats.

Lee, I'm sorry but its not what other people are doing as you said, and you don't care, but rather people who point the finger at cheating and that should be a matter of character, and at the same time, how can they explain themselves cheating, regardless if the game affects people's life or not. So this feature of your character doesn't kick in, in this situations?
So the same mechanism does not apply now?
Nothing to do with your view regarding other people, but your view how to explain it, if you have done it. How did you feel about it?
Thanks

i may be a not so good manager but the editor is no fun for me, thats my opinion though, not everyone uses it to cheat, my friend uses it to make big four teams have no money or wage budget and he doesnt sign people for 3 years forcing him to use youngsters

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

and honestly not being funny cheating on this would not ruin someones life, anyway i dived in a football match once, and i felt like **** after because their team were heartbroken because we won 1-0 because i gave us a penalty, there you go

Lee, I'm sorry but its not what other people are doing as you said, and you don't care, but rather people who point the finger at cheating and that should be a matter of character, and at the same time, how can they explain themselves cheating, regardless if the game affects people's life or not. So this feature of your character doesn't kick in, in this situations?
So the same mechanism does not apply now?
Nothing to do with your view regarding other people, but your view how to explain it, if you have done it. How did you feel about it?
Thanks

Ethics and character have nothing to do with cheating in something as insignificant as FM.

They explain themselves like this.... Oh hey I bought this game where you're a football manager and there's this editor where you can give yourself lots of money and make it really easy so that you don't have to worry about all of the fiddly things and just have fun playing matches.

I use the data editor that comes with the game to give myself challenges sometimes and to add leagues, but I have never cheated.

Each to their own really but I cant see the point in cheating.

Why do people chat.? XD
Your stupid cause you cant even spell cheat

Danny I don't understand why your are complaining about his spelling as you are one of the worst, on topic though, i personally don't cheat although i do use genie scout sometimes so i guess that is cheating, I'm guessing people use the editor to make the game a bit more fun.

the only reason i use editor is to try and realistically update the database for example improving the stats and skill of certain players who have become wonderkids in real life yet have stats which dont mirror their actual value. such as players like lukaku, merida etc.

editor is something that i've never used, and i dont think i'll be using it in future either

I sometimes use the editor and sometimes i dont. (Depends on how Man City have been doing over the years lol!! ( I haven't cheated this season and last strangely enough!!)) Its a personal choice just like alot of things.
Cheats have been around for ages. If you dont like them simply don't use them. If you do have fun but don't try and pretend your the greatest FM player ever.

I did use the editor last year but ever since i started getting crash dumps i decided to stop (A)

i've only cheated on any FM game twice.

once to test out the new editor, the other was just a bit of fun on a random game on last years FM.

i never cheat because i'm desperate to win, thats just lazy.

the reason i use save game editor is because after a whole day or work i just wanna come back home n enjoy FM without having to get frustrated with the way they play and not having enough transfer budget.
i believe those who are working will felt the same way right? already having a tough time at work im sure u dun wanna come back n see your team keep losing n u were like keep shouting at your pc Shoot you stupid!!.
but usually i just edit their morale and condition though

I like Ur comments mate.:):):):):):):):):):):):)

think the next version of FM should not have facility for cheating or editing. supposed to be game based on real life. if they going to allow this whats the point. if you want team with unlimited funds choose man city. im sure those that cheat dont feel the same acheivement as those that play by the rules

mmmm I am wondering if you can use the editing tool to change every single managers stats in the game so you can setup up a easy game mode . not sure if it would work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.