FM 2010 Installation Problems

OK i installed fm2010
installed fine
updated my direct X
when i double click the fm2010 exe to play
the system hangs then crashes and restarts
the demo version worked fine
any ideas

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

OK i installed fm2010
installed fine
updated my direct X
when i double click the fm2010 exe to play
the system hangs then crashes and restarts
the demo version worked fine
any ideas

Hi, my FM installation seems to have stopped half-way through, at which point it says 'Creating local game cache files...'. I appreciate there generally has to be a certain level of patience when installing games, but it's been at this exact same spot for more than half an hour, and my computer should be easily good enough to install this game.

During the installation process, I had to sign into Steam. Could this have hindered it?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Sorry, I've just found that cancelling the installation and clicking 'Install' on the 'Steam > Games' menu seems to overcome the problem.

I am having problems with instillation to! i just got the game, and seleteced install through steam, but after it taking ages, i cancelled, un-installed and the re-installed using offline mode. It installed but came up with a message at the end about had some errors and check instilation log or something.

Then when i click start and sports interactive, FM2010 isnt their, but i can find it in ma games with chess etc, so i clicked it, and it just sent me to a config page with this writing below:

Code:
BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} [URL="http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/#"]-[/URL] <record>
  - <!--  resource manager options   -->   
    <boolean id="[B]dont_scan[/B]"  value="[B]true[/B]" /> 

- <!--  don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager   -->   
    <boolean id="[B]dont_recurse[/B]"  value="[B]true[/B]" /> 

</record>

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing my head in!laptop will read any other disc or dvd except this?Its baffling?

ezz folks.

running the full game on my laptop, very rarely boots. when it does it runs like a dream (as did the demo).

the problem is ive been through about a billion threads and updated everything suggested, uninstalled/re installed several times. played around with the settings on xp trying to refine it all. done it all twice/three/four/five times etc just to check. tried it in safe mode and anything else i can think of.

its basically crashing to a black screen with blue unreadable pixelated writing in the background straight away after trying to launch it, kinda looks like a loading screen for an old spectrum game.

thought its a graphics issue but like i said ive updated everything suggested (been through several forums) and it does occasionally work.

any suggestions appreciated
(H) pretty **** frustrating as im 15 points clear and about 7 games away from monstering league 1 with norwich in my first season

Deleted your cache files?

steam makes it lot easier to update. but if you manually install patches, we are deep trouble.

Hi, i have windows vista and installed fm 2010 last night without being on the internet. It worked great installed quickly then went straight to the start new game, load old game screen. I started new game and worked fine as i played it for 3 hours, then saved the game then quit sucessfully.

I then this morning put the disk in to play again but it didnt load up instead the run or open folder menu came up, so i clicked the run option which nothing happened so went into games clicked on fm 2010 which lead me to another page where my saved game is, but when i clik on the link it tells me to find solutions on the web which i found none!! can ne1 help with this problem please as i dont want to loose my game thanx

Hey everyone,

I keep getting this error when i try to intall FM and i've already downloaded the latest java version. What more can I do? Please help me out.

This application has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of this java application has caused an invocation target exception. This application will now close. (LAX)

java.lang.NullPointerException
at ZeroGh5.promptAndGetValue(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGh5.createChoiceListAndGetValue(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGh5.createChoiceListAndGetValue(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.p(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.f(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

hey, the game works fine except during matchday, when i click play the screen turns black and then when i do the half time team talks it returns to normal and then when the 2nd half begins it turns black again. So my screen turns black whenever a match is being played. any ideas?? thanks

Sounds like a graphics card problem. Have you tried updating your drivers?

ill do it now and see what happens...thanks

then anooying thing is, that it only started happening yesterday and before that it was fine

Sean, i already have the last java version too..

Cannot view Leagues anymore :(

For some strange reason all of a sudden i cannot view any league anymore :S the only possible reason i can think of is that i manually installed the new 10.1 patch myself and then deleted it. i tried to fix it by reinstalling the patch but it didnt work :( any ideas anyone?

Sean, i already have the last java version too..

Hey man! I've already downloaded the last version of Java, but still I get these messages;

http://bildr.no/view/519372
http://bildr.no/view/519383

Do you have any others ideas?

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Hmm ok. Are you both trying to install it using the disc?

If so try installing it through Steam by following these simple instructions....

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/how-to-activate-your-copy-of-fm-10-with-steam-t22234.html

problem :mad:

hi guys, after installation during which i sais I encountered serious errors I went to load FM10 and it came up saying cant find file data sig/fx I have re-installed twice and still no joy.....any help would be immensely appreciated.|)

Hi - installed with disc and has now decided it doesn't want to save my game - uninstalled, re-installed, deleted old files to make room on hd etc - nothing helps - any advice greatly appreciated

Hey Sean wondering if you could give me a hand. I installed the game and played it then I had to close it down, but when I click to start it up it brings me to my "Saved Games Folder". Their is no way of starting it up. Its a pain, but do I have to install it again will that solve the problem?