FM 2010 Installation Problems

i just got fm 2010 yesterday,been trying to install it,doesnt seem to be working properly,the green install bar doesnt move then after about ten minutes waiting for something to happen it asks me to put the fm 2009 version in but i cant because i gave it away,never had this problem before..tried installing it through steam and had problems there aswell,it installs ok but when i try to launch it it says its not ready yet try again later..im gettin serious withdrawel symtems...please someone help me with my fix :(:(:(

i need help..
I installed the game last week and it works fine. but when i formatted my computer yesterday.
then i re-install FM2010 it won't work..

when i run it it says.

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Probs with starting the game after installation

Hi, I' m from Singapore. Anyways, I have already installed the complete FM2010 on my pc (Win XP) thru offline method. However, when I double-clicked on the short-cut icon 'Footbal Manager 2010', the game will still start with all the intro coming in. But shortly, the game just stopped and returns back to my desktop.

I have tried re-installing thru express or advanced on offline method. But it just keeps repeating returning back to my desktop after the whole intro into the game.

There is no prompts or whatsoever if my pc did not meet any of the requirements. It just returns to my desktop everytime. I haven't got the chance to play yet. Ugh!

What could be the problem of this?

my installations is succeed, but when i want to save the game it appear pop up "unable to find fm10 disc" so it need to be closed...and also i already finished the first season but cannot reach the 2nd season..n again the same message pop up!!!! im not install using steam...anyone plz help!!!!

I am using windows xp and I tried to install football manager 2010 but it keeps giving me this error...'The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.'
and when i try to play it and then "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
i'll ready install the patch..
can someone help me solve this problem plz?

Last edited:
I am using windows xp and I tried to install football manager 2010 but it keeps giving me this error...'The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.'
and when i try to play it and then "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
i'll ready install the patch..
can someone help me solve this problem plz?

Update your DirectX and try again.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

I'm having the same problem as lui_spidey, installed direct x, same problem, I have Windows 7 so .NET framework isn't compatible for it. I have uninstalled the game and installed it again and like lui_spidey 'The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.'
and when i try to play it and then "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." How do I have a look at the installation log and where do I go next? I'm fed up up with all these problems to be honest bought the game when it came out and i'm having nothing but issues with it! Thanks, any help would be appreciated ;)

I'm having the same problem as lui_spidey, installed direct x, same problem, I have Windows 7 so .NET framework isn't compatible for it. I have uninstalled the game and installed it again and like lui_spidey 'The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.'
and when i try to play it and then "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." How do I have a look at the installation log and where do I go next? I'm fed up up with all these problems to be honest bought the game when it came out and i'm having nothing but issues with it! Thanks, any help would be appreciated ;)

i kept getting those errors on 09 but it still worked perfectly
when i got the issues with fm.exe encountered a problem i just deleted the folder in C:\Users\**YOUR_USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive

Thankyou luket123 it has worked! Thanks a lot pal! Stopped me from pulling my hair out and marching up to SI HQ and shoving the game back in there faces.

Last edited:
i kept getting those errors on 09 but it still worked perfectly
when i got the issues with fm.exe encountered a problem i just deleted the folder in C:\Users\**YOUR_USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive

I have the same problem. and still no luck for me!
:(

hi all, new to forum

installed game last night everything fine, but tonight i go on laptop to play and it will not load up
i inserted disc and clicked run, there is no shortcut image on desktop

it makes the sounds of trying to get disk going but nothing happens

any help would be great

p.s i chose to install straight to laptop not via STEAM, will this have effected it?

I bought the CD, installed the game without problems.
Now when I want to load the game, I can't.
The installation didn't leave anything(like a quicklaunch button) on my desktop, and when put in the CD and press the autorun button, nothing happens.
I've also checked the fm10 folder, there is no quicklaunch button.
I've reinstalled this game on my vista twicce, the problem still persists.

Can anybody help me get the game loaded?

That happened to me the other day when i installed it on my new computer. I finally just installed it through Steam.

The installation didn't leave anything(like a quicklaunch button) on my desktop, and when put in the CD and press the autorun button, nothing happens.

I cant install it via steam, the product key has already been used as the game was resold

Hi guys

I've just downloaded the Vanilla demo to my desktop. However, when I try to open the downloaded file its asking me which program I want to open it with? HELP!

new here, ive got same problem as u guys, errors in stalling game, but also cant update with the latest patches, do u think with me having windows 7 on it could be conficting

I installed the game a few days ago, after it installed it loaded no problem and I was able to carry on a demo save and played that for most of the afternoon.
I come back to it now, but there is no Football Manager 10 file in the sports interactive file, clicking on the shortcut when I search 'Football manager' isn't working, neither is autorun when I put the disc in (and out).

The game runs like a dream WHEN it decides to load- how can I load to start the game- grrrrrrrr!

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I cant install it via steam, the product key has already been used as the game was resold

Same issue! I installed not using steam as where I installed it I had no internet access. I have now (obviously!) but don't really want to uninstall and install again (especially if the problem doesn't resolves).

I have 7 by the way, thought it could be that, but you have vista, so....?