FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

I want to be able to create my own club from scratch. including building up my own stadium over the years.

defeats the object of football MANAGER, you should ask sportsinteractive to make you a game called Football Club Designer

Being able to design your own stadium and have video press confrences.
Also have press confrences to unvale big new signings

FM is by far the best and most realistic manager game around. Sometims to realistic i just hope they dont make the tactics any more complicated. They should steal a few things rom other manager game such as choosing sponsors and expanding stadium.

I know what else I would like to see:
For example, if a player from your squad gain interests from other clubs and he always tell to the press that he keep his options opened or maybe that he is flattered by that club's interest, it would be cool to interact with him and ask him if he really wants to continue to our club or to transfer to the other club.

EDIT: Another idea:
When you finish the league as winner, or win a cup or a big match, or a big event happens to your club, I would like to make a party with the players or to go in a trip with them, which will grow up their morale and the coach's simpatism.
I would like to be able to talk with supporters after a lose to a fierce rival and tell them what you feel.

Last edited:
i think a tactics wizard is a great idea, although i do love the feeling you get when you finally find a class one! personally id have far less options on the tactics sliders, its canny ridiculous. i really cant imagine fabio cappello telling rooney to play 4 clicks right of normal. bring back the 08 arrows, they were fantablious, bendy and everythin.

either IMPROVE the hiddeous disgrace of a match engine or scrap it, i mean howay man, even i dont miss from 2 yards as often as the match engine makes david villa do it! shat onside soccer graphics, terrible representation of your tactics, a shambles. only my opinion tho!

faster processing would be well worth a go. as would banning anyone from managing man city unless they can prove they actually support them. :)

tell ya what, how about just an updated version of 08? it'd do for me lol!

and please dont put an option to build your own stadium, its a shockin idea for a football manager game. unrealistic to the point of daftness....but then again....maybey steve bruce is kicking down nial quinns door right now tellin him he wants a bazzillion seater stadium with palm trees and scatter cushions....who knows?

they shud be a more detailed match engine including managers on the touchline they could be something like wer u click on what u wud like 2 do with the ball like all all out attack-possesion-counter attack-defend-shoot etc

Some less strict immigration would be quite nice.
Being able to expand certain stands at your stadium, a bit like Four-Four-Two if anybody knows that game.

Another thing I would like to see is a improved and nicer looking tactics screen eg:

SS-2009.06.07-12.43.jpg

Compared to the one now it's a thousand times nicer to look at and use...

i quite like the look of this idea it would look very good

A few suggestions I have in reply to those before page 4 (what I've read)

1.Just a general reply...This IS a manager game, you're all saying 'you asked us and this is what we want' but it won't happen!

2.Change the strip, I agree it gets dull (actually I just use RTE for it ttytt) but I cant imagine a manager gets to chose. However, an idea is to get the chairman to show you 5 or so mock up kits and ask for what you think. Just what you think, not decide.

3.Stadium-I agree that you shouldn't be able to design it but I think that they should add a basic crowd and maybe you and your assistant(s) in the dugout as It starts to feel like a ghosttown in my 87000 all seater. For you it doesn't have to be deailed, just a little figure and you yourself can imagine the rest in your head

4.Team Talks-Should definetely be to a sub with added options at half time, another nice option would be to ask your assistant to yell out a few basics like 'boys get back' or '*cue an easy miss* head up son' or maybe even to tell the free kick taker to give it to someone else.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

One more...

When you get to the new game screen, two options, classic or challenge.
Classsic-Normal FM, you can take whatever job you want, Rob Ferguson of the man Utd job? So be it...

Challenge-Your new to the job and you can't just knock on Laporta's door announcing that you have just replaced Guardiola. You start at the bottom and you need to be offered jobs (I know this is a bit like unemployed, but still)

bit like the old premier manager series then? was a good idea back then, but now you could just start unemployed with no previous playing experiance, id imagine that would have the same effect. not havin a dig or anythin there like

I would like to see cup appearances and goals appear on a players overall career stats as well as league apps and goals. Just a small thing but still...

When you go onto player search and in filters you add include own players i would like to see the ratings of your players too as well as the scouted players.
When in game and you go to player stats i would like to see crosses attempted added on.
I would like to be able to be able to spend earnings.
I want it to add footballing history for you.
You can choose which position you played.
I dont like the idea of gettin involved in stadium design or sponsorship deals.
More interaction with the Board would be better.
In one of the previous champs you could complain about a ref n ask for match posponements they were good ideas.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Maybe having the option of going to a training camp and the manager being able to decide where it is.

i wud like 2 be able 2 manage teams like nantwich and actually have there proper players instead of made up 1's

without a doubt there should be an option to issue an ultimatum when the board over ride you and choose to sell your players, i'm sur epeople will agree with me here that it is incredibly annoying when the board sell your star players :mad:

without a doubt there should be an option to issue an ultimatum when the board over ride you and choose to sell your players, i'm sur epeople will agree with me here that it is incredibly annoying when the board sell your star players :mad:

Agreed

Should be able to manage reserves team or u18 before you get offered a proper job, thats what Joe Kinnear did at Wimbledon

you should be able to choose to do training in another country in the pre-season, barcelona are doing a weeks training 5 miles from where i live before going to the wembley cup, that might be nice.
also i like the idea of managing an u18, but there would have to be far more interaction inside the clubs as well. for example you should get lots of feedbck from the manager and recommend players to play in the league cup if you have a good youth squad.

there could be an option where i could ask/listen playes suggsestions for tacktical improvements(like maldid and other older players)

I like that idea, and they could also help you with transfers, like Zidane does for Real Madrid (hes trying to convince Ribery to move there)